It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax: Did Stanley Kubrick help film it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been covered at length, but my search isn't working properly. Feel free to let it slide down the page if so.

A mate of mine loves a good conspiracy theory and since we'd recently had a chat about a documentary I watched that debunked the conspiracy behind the Moon landing he decided to send me a link to one that says Stanley Kubrick actually watched over the filming of footage in a studio to be used as they were concerned they couldn't broadcast a live image back from the moon.

I found it to be an interesting documentary that included a nice piece of footage (an outtake) of someone climbing out of a shuttle and then studio equipment falling over in the background.

Now as I think about it, it makes sense that they would have concerns about broadcasting the live image back and actually it also makes sense that they might pre-record a backup in case of problems, after all, they needed to be able to show this, however I have some serious issues with this documentary.

It has some pretty high up people talking, but if you actually pay attention you'll notice that bar 1, maybe 2 people no one directly refers to the subject matter. In fact many quotes could have been lifted from interviews talking about something entirely different, but dropped into this context it comes across as though they're talking about the Moon landing.

Let me know what you think. If anyone has a more credible documentary on this I'd be interested to see it.

edit on 19/6/11 by DJKris because: Grammer corrections

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(documentary)
This film is a joke, a mockumentary by William Karel.Your suspicions were correct.
edit on 19-6-2011 by INQUISITION11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just thought I'd help you out: it's a French mockumentary designed to humorously explore the difficulties of determining experienced reality from depicted reality in a technological society. There's a Wiki entry for it called "Dark Side of the Moon".

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I found it to be an interesting documentary that included a nice piece of footage (an outtake) of someone climbing out of a shuttle and then studio equipment falling over in the background.

Dark Side of the Moon is a French documentary by director William Karel which originally aired on Arte in 2002 with the title Opération Lune. The basic premise for the film is the theory that the television footage from the Apollo 11

Moon landing was faked and actually recorded in a studio by the CIA with help from director Stanley Kubrick. It features some surprising guest appearances, most notably by Donald Rumsfeld, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Alexander Haig, Vernon Walters, Buzz Aldrin and Stanley Kubrick's widow, Christiane Kubrick.

It is finally revealed that this is a mockumentary as the end credits roll over a montage of blooper reels, with the main participants laughing over the absurdity of their lines or questioning if particular ones would give the joke away too soon.

Besides being a comedic documentary, it is also an exercise in Jean Baudrillard's theories of hyperreality. In a 2004 interview, the director was asked why he would elect to make a film "closer to a comedy than a serious film"; Karel replied that in the wake of having made serious documentaries, the objective was "de faire un film drôle" (to make a funny film).[1]

Dark Side of the Moon.

ETA: A couple posters beat me to the punch.

edit on 19-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I love this theory! Kubrick is one of my favourite directors and there is a lot of mystery surrounding his work and his unusual death.

He died 4 days after showing his film 'Eyes Wide Open' to Warner Brothers. 'Eyes Wide Open' is basically about the illumanati who Kubrick rubbed shoulders with (through directing the Apollo missions) although he never fully became part of and later tried to expose resulting in his death.

If you have seen his film '2001 a Space Odyssey' which was released at a similar time to the Apollo missions you can see how the elite would have chosen Kubrick as the right man to do the job,

He left a lot of clues in the film 'The Shining' things to look out for are the little boys jumper which has a picture of a space rocket on it with Apollo 11 written below it and all the changes that were made in the film compared to Stephen Kings novel such as the room number 237 (in Kings novel it is 217) apparently it is 237000 miles to the moon although some people dispute this!

I am not aware of this mockumentary that has been posted I have not seen it, but there is an actual conspiracy surrounding Kubrick and the Apollo missions.

The below video is a legitimate documentary that look into his work and the connections to the Apollo missions.

Anyhow enjoy the documentary Iv posted!

peace

edit on 19-6-2011 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
en.wikipedia.org...(mockumentary)

This film is a joke, a mockumentary by William Karel.Your suspicions were correct.

That's a link about a Pink Floyd album

So glad to hear this was a mockumentary. The discussion I had with my mate following watching it was basically me saying the quotes didn't sit right and him telling me I was wrong so I shall look forward to updating him.

To take this in a similar direction though, what are the thoughts on the idea that the US Government / NASA may have filmed footage as suggested in the mockumentary just in case there was a problem?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris
Sorry if this has already been covered at length, but my search isn't working properly. Feel free to let it slide down the page if so.

A mate of mine loves a good conspiracy theory and since we'd recently had a chat about a documentary I watched that debunked the conspiracy behind the Moon landing he decided to send me a link to one that says Stanley Kubrick actually watched over the filming of footage in a studio to be used as they were concerned they couldn't broadcast a live image back from the moon.

That was a humorous old network tv commercial broadcast in The U.S. Mocking the "moon landing hoax" CT.

Originally posted by DJKris

Now as I think about it, it makes sense that they would have concerns about broadcasting the live image back and actually it also makes sense that they might pre-record a backup in case of problems, after all, they needed to be able to show this, however I have some serious issues with this documentary.

It has some pretty high up people talking, but if you actually pay attention you'll notice that bar 1, maybe 2 people no one directly refers to the subject matter. In fact many quotes could have been lifted from interviews talking about something entirely different, but dropped into this context it comes across as though they're talking about the Moon landing.

Let me know what you think. If anyone has a more credible documentary on this I'd be interested to see it.

edit on 19/6/11 by DJKris because: Grammer corrections

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Kubrick Odyssey Part 1 , is an interesting documentary on the symbolism of the movies.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I also watched the same doc you are talking about regarding the film the shining etc made by him and found it to be very good and makes you think. Suppose we will never know until we get better moon pictures....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

He died 4 days after showing his film 'Eyes Wide Open' to Warner Brothers. 'Eyes Wide Open'

It's "Eyes Wide Shut."

That is a trippy movie!

new topics

top topics

join