It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am quite nervous posting this discussion, but it's the only way I can hopefully find answers. To start off, I am not claiming to be a psychic, or anyone with magical powers. For the last year, I have been going through strange phases. It started off with a dream. A dream about this beautiful island, so beautiful words can't even begin to describe. It was the only island on this planet engulfed in water. To make things short, I was welcomed and felt every bit of emotion in that dream. It's the on of many I will never forget.

This dream kept on happening though, in the sense that it was continuing wherever it left off. Every time I entered the dreams, I would be able to remember the conversations from the past dreams as if they just happened. The scary part is, I barely remembered them at all in reality, let alone I could automatically remember them once I hit dream state.

More and more dreams happened, and over time, I started becoming one with these worlds....these people...these 'dreams'. Over time, my mind was able to blend with these 'dreams' and I was able to see both reality and these dream worlds at the same time. The weird thing is that these new worlds became as real as reality itself.

Is it my desire for a better world? Better people? I know they're just 'dreams', but something is bugging me that makes me feel like there is so much more to them......like I have a connection with them. A spiritual connection. Same with the Universe. I feel like I have this major bond with it. Is it theoretically possible that this bond allows my spirit to travel through Space & Time to these other worlds & alternate realities? I understand it sounds crazy, but I don't know what else to think.

I can feel everything that happens in these worlds. Lately, these visions of different worlds have been happening more while I am awake. The visions are getting stronger more and more everyday. Gah. I feel so stupid typing this. I sound more like a nutcase than anything else. What do you guys think?

Non-Spiritual Supporters, please don't try using Science to explain this. I appreciate the logic in science, but this feels like something much more. Something I crave. Something I want to learn and understand.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have been blesed with some psychic and projection abilities. Its been said that some of us now-a days...well...that the "veil-between worlds"...this one and the next..is becoming thinner and thinner these days. Some of us have the ability to sense both at the same time. Some, can even move about in one or the other or in either. Perhaps, your doorway now has been opened for you?

Write down your dreams as best as you can so that when and if the time comes, they may make sense to you in this world.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've met "John Smith" in my dreams, I've probably been running other Parallel dimensions too. The stuff i've seen in my dreams, I have never seen in real life. I believe you OP, you are not alone. (YANA) Peace.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I've met "John Smith" in my dreams, I've probably been running other Parallel dimensions too. The stuff i've seen in my dreams, I have never seen in real life. I believe you OP, you are not alone. (YANA) Peace.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Im really jealous

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKingpin

I read a lot about dreams on this site, but theres something different about this. Just a feeling i have, please tell us more.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKingpin
I am quite nervous posting this discussion, but it's the only way I can hopefully find answers. To start off, I am not claiming to be a psychic, or anyone with magical powers. For the last year, I have been going through strange phases. It started off with a dream. A dream about this beautiful island, so beautiful words can't even begin to describe. It was the only island on this planet engulfed in water. To make things short, I was welcomed and felt every bit of emotion in that dream. It's the on of many I will never forget.

This dream kept on happening though, in the sense that it was continuing wherever it left off. Every time I entered the dreams, I would be able to remember the conversations from the past dreams as if they just happened. The scary part is, I barely remembered them at all in reality, let alone I could automatically remember them once I hit dream state.

More and more dreams happened, and over time, I started becoming one with these worlds....these people...these 'dreams'. Over time, my mind was able to blend with these 'dreams' and I was able to see both reality and these dream worlds at the same time. The weird thing is that these new worlds became as real as reality itself.

Is it my desire for a better world? Better people? I know they're just 'dreams', but something is bugging me that makes me feel like there is so much more to them......like I have a connection with them. A spiritual connection. Same with the Universe. I feel like I have this major bond with it. Is it theoretically possible that this bond allows my spirit to travel through Space & Time to these other worlds & alternate realities? I understand it sounds crazy, but I don't know what else to think.

I can feel everything that happens in these worlds. Lately, these visions of different worlds have been happening more while I am awake. The visions are getting stronger more and more everyday. Gah. I feel so stupid typing this. I sound more like a nutcase than anything else. What do you guys think?

Non-Spiritual Supporters, please don't try using Science to explain this. I appreciate the logic in science, but this feels like something much more. Something I crave. Something I want to learn and understand.

You are a rare entity. Please tell us more OP, you have my full undivided attention.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Your feelings and what you write rings true with me. I sometimes begin to describe another world, one which I have seen or felt. When I describe how pure it is, I am almost brought to tears and I am a strong man. Several weeks ago in this powerful visionary dream, I stood in awe looking into the sky at this world suspended there, another earth, but different continents then this one, more uniform, but amazingly beautiful. It could not have been in this dimension as the two wolds would destroy one another.

Several months or a year ago, my wife tells me of the two of us gazing down on this world. She knows little of this as she is just a mother earth type. Yet describes colors radiating from the objects and not needing light to be reflected, she kept telling me, it was heavenly. We were by the way in something suspended above the clouds with others.

Now too, I have had two other dreams of this world. I was someone else and landed on this world and it was primitive. We set up pre fab buildings to stay in. The world was primarily made up of fungus type plants and we were there to remake it. Later in another dream, I visited the world and it was fully green and lush. It goes on, we share this at least.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You don't need to abandon your spiritual needs in order to employ science to help you to understand the nature of your dreamscape. Many of the scientific disciplines developed for that very reason, to help explain the (then) unexplainable and most of those emerged from religion. Use whatever tools you are comfortable with, but don't dismiss some out of hand because you think that they will dismiss you. Scientific discovery is, though very few who practice the pure sciences realise it, an incredibly spiritual action, and requires at time great, vast leaps of faith.

I personally think both genetic memory (in the form of a photoperiodic record that is carried in the Mitochondrial DNA), and Morphic Resonance play a role in shaping dreamscapes. I believe quite strongly that we all have a personal 'mythology' that we have to unravel, I certainly did, but I also think that you have to understand both your conditioning, and the conditioning of your developmental environment, which can be harder for some than others, before you get to the 'pure information', otherwise, you're at risk of missing the underlying meaning, and are just stuck with the interpretation that your conscious is making of the data it holds. And that will apply to your physical as well spiritual reality. That is really what shedding the ego is about, unburdening yourself of all the baggage that obscures your ability to perceive clearly.

If that makes sense. Either way, understand yourself, and your dreams will explain themselves.

edit on 19-6-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
These dreams and feelings are so hard to talk about. I read about people who believe they are time travelers, psychic's, etc....just to find out they are lying. I spent months trying to find out a way to express my feelings and dreams without being laughed at or called a liar.

In my dreams, the things I see haunt me. Yes, there are the wonderful and positive dreams that I have most of the time, but there are others that can provoke other emotions. There was one dream where I was in a meadow by myself. I was able to look up and see a different reality than what I was in. I would look ahead of me and there were animals and humans playing together. Being there for one another and our world should be, but when I looked up at the alternate reality, I saw chaos, death & destruction. I saw greed, hate, cheating, killing, stealing. I saw everything wrong.

I believe the reason for those dreams are because I love life. I love our planet, and to see all of that destroyed truly hurts me. I really don't mean to sound like a hippie or what not, but that's how I feel. It goes back to that "Spiritual Connection". I feel the sorrow of our planet. I don't understand it, but I really do.

Another dream I had, was in regards to myself traveling through Space & Time. I could see everything. I saw the connection that all life shared. The 'energy' that they exchanged. But why? Why am I being shown these dreams? Is it insanity? Sorrow? Or something greater?

It's so hard to focus on reality. The dreams that show me beautiful worlds and civilizations are the ones my mind is stuck in. Maybe it's my fault for not accepting reality for what it truly is?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Has anyone been to a white wintry land, it is a really beautiful place but i don't know if it's from a dream or a real experience, i just know i have always been aware of the place wherever it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I haven't. Mine's the Water World (The one with the one island as I described above). What all happened there? BTW.......Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words everyone. It truly means a lot!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had a similar experience many years ago,being in somewhere very very beautiful,i kind of stayed with this "dream" for about a week then it just stopped & i haven't had anything close to that since.
I have no idea how i did it but it feels amazing,like your there,not a lucid dream just a relaxed feeling..it's hard to explain.
What it means i don't know but i would like to find out somehow.
Your not a nutcase,it seems to be happening to more & more people,maybe you were at peace with youself,i always think if you let your mind do what it wants it'll show you some amazing things.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I know you said don't try to use science to explain this, but I will anyways. I am a spiritual supporter, but as with many, it seems to me that there is a psychological element to this.

Maybe you are visiting a different world when you are asleep. Maybe you are doing this without moving an inch. But, that doesn't seem likely. To me this sounds like you are having some psychological episode. What is happening sounds like your unconscious remembering this place and you are having a reoccurring dream that alters itself in that different events unfold (new conversations etc).

The reality, it would seem, is that by having these reoccurring dreams that alter themselves, your psyche is convincing itself that instead of being what it is, a dream, you are beginning to believe in these dreams. After all, you've seen it in so much detail and had it change you, and it happens a lot, its gotta be something different. I would be worried about some underlying psychological disorder perhaps coming out. I wouldn't ignore science and pass it off as something cool that supports logic. Instead, I would take what's happening to me seriously. Maybe its not a disorder, maybe you've suppressed things from your past. Were you abused in any way? Is it your way of coping with other issues?

The thing that is really telling to me is that you physically go no where, this happens while you are "sleeping," and it acts like any other dream would (i.e. hazy memory of it; etc.). Btw, if you can barely remember these dreams, how do you ACTUALLY know they are continuing where they left off? Is it possible that you just think that because you don't remember what is actually happening?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I feel as though the OP is pretty much describing a certain movie that came out last year...

You may have heard of it...it's called Inception!

Joking aside though, the island sounds nice & everything...Maybe you're just dreaming about an island you may have seen/visited on holiday & just really to be there? I dunno
edit on 21-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Is there any way I could hear more about this world you speak of? For years and years I thought I wanted to live in a different time period, but now I realize that I want to live in a different world. Too much pain here. I am waiting for the new Kingdom to be realized. Until then, some inspiration and beauty couldn't hurt. If you have time, hearing more about this world would be a most welcome reprieve.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This other world can easily be described as this. When there are 3 people looking at the same table, that table exists 4x, the real one and 3 copies, only the sunlight particles are unique. Others would argue there are 3 people looking in the same (duplicated) world at the same table, so there can only be 2 tables, one real and one not real. Still others would argue there are 4 worlds, where the individual exist in their own mind where they see the table and the others, so there would be 3 unique observers duplicated in each world so 6 copies, as well as the table being copied 3x. In this way we're all lagging at the same speed as the individual world updates itself to the real world so no one would ever notice and we all believe we exist in the same world.

This individual world can be seen as being inside one's dreamworld, on one hand we all exist in the same dream (as we are all on the same planet without any portal to another dimension) but at the same time the individual dreams the individual dream. Some people might visit eachother in one's dream but there's a catch, there's always one who 'owns' the dream and makes the rules and the other must visit and obey those rules (or leave and return to their own dream). Only a few know how to meet in between dreams. A lot of people might get lost and confused as well and don't recognize their own dream anymore, or simply do not believe they are dreaming or have a world of their own. I've also come to believe the big bang is the scientific translation of 2 dreams merging, out of which many new dreams have been created.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well, I heard this somewhere before that doorways are doors to other worlds.. My father saw a outline of a ghost in between a door frame before, does that help?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was thinking this sounded a lot more like Avatar (with a bit of Contact thrown in) rather than Inception.. Maybe a bit of all of it.

Anyway, first thanks for sharing your experiences OP, i know it can be difficult. Second, please dont rule out science - or anything else for that matter, try to remain completely open-minded.

I can however relate to your feelings and experiences, but it should be noted that i was going through very weird times at that point in my life. Regardless of what these experiences, dreams, or alternate realities may be - use them to grow spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. If you are losing touch with reality and longing for these other places try to convince yourself that you are HERE now, and to make the best of it. When youve fulfilled your role here, you can only then move on to aforementioned paradise. Unless these 'dreams' manifest themselves in some tangible form, understand that all you can do is be in the here and now of this world. But it doesnt hurt to 'dream' and learn from them, whatever these 'dreams' really are.

top topics

join