It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam wants to go to Sweden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Saddam Hussein is not pleased with the prison in Iraq where he incarcerated, and he has asked to be moved to a Swedish, Austrian or Swiss jail in stead.

Saddam�s lawyers claim that Sweden has a good prison system, and it is therefore a good country if you have to spend time in a cell. �Sweden is one of the countries where Saddam Hussein wouldn�t mind staying while he awaits his trail,� Di Stefano said, and added that Switzerland and Austria are other possible locations.

An application to grant Saddam the right to spend the time before the court case in a Swedish jail is allegedly already sent to the Swedish government

The Iraqi ex-president wants to be more comfortable

What do you say?
Should Saddam have the privilege to choose where he should spend time in jail?

[edit on 2004/8/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think Saddam should be kept in IRAQ.. it's the country in which he was captured and it's the country in which he comitted almost all of his crimes. He should suffer in a prision that he probably built for his prisoners. (correct me if I'm wrong)

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I would like to go to Sweeden also, free plane fare, live in jail, get out M-F
to work stay in jail on weekends, cool. Screw him, let him sit in the squalor he subjected his citizens to. Better yet, give him to the #es and all the fighting in Najef and all the #e resistance will stop.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
He should stay were he is right now and wait till they put a rope around his neck to be hanged. The man has no rights at all anymore!!

[edit on 9/8/2004 by rai76]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
lol. dunno about the swedish prison system, there has been like 8 jailbreaks in a month ffs.
just read about 4 escaped ones in the newspapers, 1 has been caught, 3 still missing
no wonder he wants to goto sweden.

www.sweden.se... .

[edit on 9-8-2004 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
lol. dunno about the swedish prison system, there has been like 8 jailbreaks in a month ffs.
just read about 4 escaped ones in the newspapers, 1 has been caught, 3 still missing

At this time, they're all apprehended. Because of this embarrassment, there is talk about building a "super prison"... Yeah, right.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

www.sweden.se... .

Well, they've all been caught now, and there currently are plans to build a new maximum security prison. This has really been embarrasing for the swedish government. Can you believe it, it's not even a crime to break out of jail in sweden! No wonder they keep doing it, knowing there's no risk for penalty involved. But that is about to change as well, according to the news. All political parties agrees on this appearantly.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture
it's not even a crime to break out of jail in sweden! No wonder they keep doing it, knowing there's no risk for penalty involved.

No wonder he wants to go there...
What would happen to Sweden if he escaped from swedish custody?
A big slap in the face, that�s for sure...
:bash:

[edit on 2004/8/10 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by W411Eddie
He should suffer in a prision that he probably built for his prisoners. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I thought it was Daddy Bush who build them.
Don�t they all have his face on them?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
And be around all those pretty blond women. That would be paradise for him. He should stay where he is. Even what he has is too much for him.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I wanna go to Sweden!!!!

He just wants to hop over to Amsterdam!!!

I think they ought to keep him in Iraq! Put him back in the hole!!!

I never understood why they didn't just get him then????

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"The Swedish asylum lawyer Hans Hjelmers said to the paper that Saddam�s relatives most likely have chosen Sweden because they know they can not be sent back to a country where they risk being executed."
"They wished to go to Europe, most of all to Sweden."
"Sweden was their first choice because they prefer the country�s humane asylum system."
"The escape allegedly went through another European country."

central family members have allegedly received political asylum in Sweden

You know what?
I won�t be surprised if Bin Laden is in Sweden.
He�s been there before...

EDIT (found a link) : Osama Bin Laden In Sweden (1971)

[edit on 2004/8/19 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I thought it was Daddy Bush who build them.
Don�t they all have his face on them?

Nah, like in the US, big construction deals like that goto BinLaden Constructions International

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Nice place for saddam to go after having worked so long and hard for the U.S. He deserves that.

By the way don't forget to give him the gold watch.
Crustas

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I won�t be surprised if Bin Laden is in Sweden.
He�s been there before...

Maybe The Sami Liberation Front is hiding Osama in nothern Sweden?
I�ve heard they also operates in the northern part of Sweden and Finland...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you go to Norway, you can get a nose-job from Saddam�s personal doctor.

Ala Bashir just got a licens for practicing plastic surgery at a clinic in Oslo.
Norwegian article
I will post an english article if I find one...

EDIT: Here in english:
Saddam's physician to practice in Norway

[edit on 2004/9/22 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't want to be seen as Saddam sympathizer, but you guys are mostly talking from american prespective.

I mean we don't know if he is guilty or not yet, still we are considering him guilty.

If he is guilty, then I think he should be sent to France, awesome prision place they have there. Where else can you get the smell of urine and feces the first thing you wake up?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The way Iraq is going, they might have to put him back in charge soon anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Where else can you get the smell of urine and feces the first thing you wake up?

The prison camp in Guantanamo Bay?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Originally posted by surfup
Where else can you get the smell of urine and feces the first thing you wake up?

The prison camp in Guantanamo Bay?

A public bus in Los Angeles?

Seriously, I swear!

If it's so easy to get out of prison in Sweden, then it could be just as easy if not easier to break in, and give him his "last rights". What would the Swedes do? Execute you?

top topics

join