It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine a world without Bush...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Janus you are right. It is not our job to be the worlds policeman.

But a President who doesn't take a stand against naked aggresion truly should be put out of office.

When the U.S. is threatened it has an obligation to act without concern when our EXISTENCE is being threatened. Not France. Not the Netherlands.

France we asked for your help and you said no. Oh well.
same for Germany and Russia and China.

Who stepped up. Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Phillipines, Japan. Countries with real leaders.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I know he's not responsible for everything in the world. I refer more to the war in Afghanisran, Irak, if he goes on also other countries. I also refer to the situarion in Israel, I refer to the treaty of Kioto, I refer to the mess he took Europe in to war to terrorists. If he goes on like this i don't know were we will end. And not to speak about what he does to his own peopl. That's why i cant understand that people still vote for him.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i notice someone mentioned the Venezualen President ruing the countrie...care to provide any links, as i hear he is doing a very good job and is supported by his people. its the Bush administration and the local elite that are trying to get him removed because he actually cares for his people. The giant US conglomerates dont want standards of living increased there, as that means increased costs!

Chavez doing good............

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I love that saying, there's a village missing its idiot.

Let's just send his smarmy little arse back to Crawford, where he belongs.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There IS a Village missing an idiot. Bush is Godly. Bush is Good. Let us thank him for our food.

His Holyness Bush is truly a victim.
He is just a misinformed president.
Everything is everyone elses fault.
A true Victim of our times-
Praise Bush
Haile Bush.

God, please, I ask, please let Bush be reelected so that we may survive all this evil the world isplotting against us. The Holy land of the West.

And God, please, I dont care about my family, just PLEASE Bless Bush!
May Bush stay in power forever and ever AMEN.

The Holy Bush.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Now lets look at this hyperbole below.

Who said no? The countrIes that didn't believe the situation - AND WERE SHOWN TO BE CORRECT

Who helped?
Those that got nice trade deals, US aid, political favors, and cold hard cash.
They were BRIBED to be blunt. As were Australia, and New Zealand.

Originally posted by crmanager
When the U.S. is threatened it has an obligation to act without concern when our EXISTENCE is being threatened. Not France. Not the Netherlands.

France we asked for your help and you said no. Oh well.
same for Germany and Russia and China.

Who stepped up. Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Phillipines, Japan. Countries with real leaders.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No Bush? I would probably have a job without him. I got turned down by McDonalds and Burger King and Taco Bell. These people would hier a monky during the Clinton era to fill all the spots they had open, but now I can't get a job there. I would also not have to be studying Japanese again for if he wins election, and he brings the draft back, well, I am studying japanese for a reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is great to have a thread about politics that actually make you laugh and is not a sarcastic laugh either one but in a healthy way, at least it works for me.

We indeed can keep bush and just keep the jokes coming it will make life easier if he wins the elections for the next four years.

You people really make my day.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You are right. What will there be to talk about without Bush?
Kerry's horse face?
latest botox treatments?
Purple hearts?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
First I have to say while I would like to credit Bush with all the errors the government has made the guy probably struggles to pack his own suitcase and it is his advisors and staff that have dropped the ball. His job is to try and read the speeches and answer basic questions without looking like a total fool (a hard task apparently).

However, a world without Bush would probably look like:

1) Saddam still in power in Iraq and busy hiding his puny weapons cache from UN inspectors with one of his sons and/or close advisors plotting his removal from power.

2) Bin Laden killed and most of our troops back home safe and sound.

3) Budget very close to being balanced. US dollar worth more than the euro and my savings earning a respectable 6% in the bank. Dow Jones at 13,000's. Housing prices about 25% cheaper.

4) All of us bitching about high oil prices and no tax cuts instead of bitching about dead soldiers and trillions flushed down the drain.

5) Clay Aitken out of the closet.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's a good article explaining what if Bush was removed from the White House:

www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable

However, a world without Bush would probably look like:

1) Saddam still in power in Iraq and busy hiding his puny weapons cache from UN inspectors with one of his sons and/or close advisors plotting his removal from power.

2) Bin Laden killed and most of our troops back home safe and sound.

3) Budget very close to being balanced. US dollar worth more than the euro and my savings earning a respectable 6% in the bank. Dow Jones at 13,000's. Housing prices about 25% cheaper.

4) All of us bitching about high oil prices and no tax cuts instead of bitching about dead soldiers and trillions flushed down the drain.

5) Clay Aitken out of the closet.

Easily best post of the day

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've been seeing this thread and then instantly humming a song....and it wasn't until today that I put my finger on what song that was....so I figured I'd post - Lennon would be all for it

Imagine
by John Lennon

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lets just face a simple fact.

The countries against this war PROFITED from SADDAM. There was no humanitarian reasons for being against this. Just greed.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
So, before it becomes as simple as "Bush caused this!" take a second to consider how he got there and why over 40% of polled voters want to keep him there.

Bush is the natural leader for this community. He deserves to be president.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Originally posted by Quest
So, before it becomes as simple as "Bush caused this!" take a second to consider how he got there and why over 40% of polled voters want to keep him there.

Bush is the natural leader for this community. He deserves to be president.

If 50% people allowed themselves to be quickly deceived by the alleged links of Al Qaeda and Saddam, and the latter involvment in 911 (which is a big stretch if not an outright lie),
then quickly forgot about it, nothing is surprising any longer. I guess you are right, if you get a bunch of people with attention deficit disorder, there should be a president that fits.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
maybe we're not too far from following the uk's lead...

prozac in the drinking water.

then we'll all love g.w.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
AS the most powerful nation we must police the world and not be controlled by the pathetic european nations. If Bush were not hear, i doubt the US would be hear. The days of fighting wars on reaction, is over, in order to win we must be preventive. Well if you do not like that you can have Kerry's "sensitive" war. Most of the 50% against Bush are idoits, i know, veryone at my school that are ant-kerry are morans. Bush is given conservatives and moderates to speak out on issues, like Bill Cosby and the publice. When anti-bush celebrities get kicked out they accuse the gov of violating their frist amndment, well guest what normal people, the audience all have rights. It basicly comes to this democract are hypocrates, comparieng Bush to hitler, i know a friend who has lost 7 members of his family to hitler, and evrytime he hears anti-bush slander he gets sicks, his granfather, a bomber pilot from world war 2 is disgusted at how kerry uses his military service for propaganda. Today we know the true colors of our so called alliews like France, whose stood by and saw many nation abuse their citizens and do nothing about it. Nations like Germany whoo accuses us of being war mongers, well it ssseems the for got about 2 world wars, and the municl olympics. All which was their fault. Our true allies are thos small nations that went through oppression, or suffer dvasating wars, Polish, Eastern europe, Japan., and south korea, and even some sou th american countries.

I know most of you will rip everything i wrote hear , but i just state the truth, Saddam was a animal, shoving people into grinders used to cut trees into wood chips, raping women, beheading people who practice thier rights, toruring their soccer team evrytime the lost, placind electric torturing devices on both female and male body parts, trying to exterminate the kurds, gasing them, have any of you seen the photos, a mother holding her baby in the ground, dead, like if the were frozen in time. The mass graves etc,....

Yet the skecptics will try to twist it all in a cynical wayy.

Has anybody thought of this .

I think we should be skeptical of the skeptics, because if think that is where the truth lies we are doom.

I am only 15, but i will make sure my generation finishes of contiues the good bush is trying to do. I'll be in the white house in 40 years.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
AS the most powerful nation we must police the world and not be controlled by the pathetic european nations.

I am only 15, but i will make sure my generation finishes of contiues the good bush is trying to do. I'll be in the white house in 40 years.

For a 15 year old you are a pathetic speller (seriously). Which doesn't matter because you are pretty hopeless. I doubt you'll make much progress in your life, and I think in 40 years from now you'll still be flipping burgers, loser.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
AS the most powerful nation we must police the world and not be controlled by the pathetic european nations. If Bush were not hear, i doubt the US would be hear. The days of fighting wars on reaction, is over, in order to win we must be preventive. Well if you do not like that you can have Kerry's "sensitive" war. Most of the 50% against Bush are idoits, i know, veryone at my school that are ant-kerry are morans. Bush is given conservatives and moderates to speak out on issues, like Bill Cosby and the publice. When anti-bush celebrities get kicked out they accuse the gov of violating their frist amndment, well guest what normal people, the audience all have rights. It basicly comes to this democract are hypocrates, comparieng Bush to hitler, i know a friend who has lost 7 members of his family to hitler, and evrytime he hears anti-bush slander he gets sicks, his granfather, a bomber pilot from world war 2 is disgusted at how kerry uses his military service for propaganda. Today we know the true colors of our so called alliews like France, whose stood by and saw many nation abuse their citizens and do nothing about it. Nations like Germany whoo accuses us of being war mongers, well it ssseems the for got about 2 world wars, and the municl olympics. All which was their fault. Our true allies are thos small nations that went through oppression, or suffer dvasating wars, Polish, Eastern europe, Japan., and south korea, and even some sou th american countries.

I know most of you will rip everything i wrote hear , but i just state the truth, Saddam was a animal, shoving people into grinders used to cut trees into wood chips, raping women, beheading people who practice thier rights, toruring their soccer team evrytime the lost, placind electric torturing devices on both female and male body parts, trying to exterminate the kurds, gasing them, have any of you seen the photos, a mother holding her baby in the ground, dead, like if the were frozen in time. The mass graves etc,....

Yet the skecptics will try to twist it all in a cynical wayy.

Has anybody thought of this .

I think we should be skeptical of the skeptics, because if think that is where the truth lies we are doom.

First let me jsut say that I think it is very cool that you are only 15 and have such an interest in politics and the world arround you. When I was 15 I was a Punk trying to find jsut the right shade of Blue for my Mowhawk, scraping money together for a used pair of combat boots from the local army surpluse, and tryin gto get my way into the next Black Flag show. (just as a side note I was a Straight edge punk)

Now, few thigns to consider. We are not the most powerfull country in the world, there are several types of power. Military we are definatly up there, financialy we are not, education for the populace we are not. Our higher education establishments are some of the best but as for the whole we are not even close.

Your statement on the time to fight wars on reaction are over is somewhat disturbing. If we do not react to engagemnets then the other option is to pre-emptivly strike anyone who could possible be a threat. Therefor with that logic we should be attacking N Korea, Colombia, a number of countries in the Middle east and south asia, France, Germany, Italy. Is that what you suggest we shoud do?

Not be controlled by the "Pathetic European Nations" you seem to be refering to the UN, the UN that we desporatly need the support of in Iraq if we are to expect any kind of realistic success.

Kerry's "Sensitive" war. Is it "Sensitive" to have the wisdom to know that without the support of the world powers that we are totaly screwed in the middle east?

"veryone at my school that are ant-kerry are morans"

Soooo... everyone who is Anti-Kerry at your school are morons.... so.. those that are pro-Kerry are intiligent? and the Bush supporters are Morons? Well said...

Don't worry I know you were trying to say that everyone at your school who are for Kerry are morons.. but you need to take more care in what you say. As for the comment itself, it seems that everyone in your school that is pro Kerry disagrees with you and by the severity of your post you are a bit biased, thus becasue you feel that everyone who disagrees with you in your school is a moron and then make the statement that due to this fact all Kerry supporters must also be morons is unwise. Think before you speak.

Countrys who suffered the wars and have shown to be our true allies.. like Japan... who..were allied with Germany in WWII.

France and Germany are not supporting us in this war against Iraq because they felt like many others that Bush forcing the war was and is wrong. As it has unfolded the truth came out that there is infact no mass stockpile of WMD even though Bush declaired that not only were they there but that the INT department knew where they were. Some will argue that they are still there but jsut hidden. IF this is so, why have they not been used? We know Saddam and his supporters have no qualms aobut using them. Some woudl say that if they were used then it would bring all the nations that are not supporitng the US together.. well if you think about it they are pretty much screwed as it is so they woudl not have much to lose would they?

As for the attrocities of Saddam, I am not saying he is a cute or cuddly guy, but do not think that his are the only crimes arround the world. The killings in the Sudan have been going on for years, The Taliban have been given the opportunity to reclaim their position of power and continue their acts of violence, South Africa still has honor killings, Asia has a plethra of Human rights horrors, The IRA have been carring out terrorist activity for longer than I have existed, and we as a nation cannot claim to be innocent in the ways of mistreatment of the innocent do not forget the enturment capms for Japanese citizans during WWII, but we do little or nothing about these things. Why then was it so important to take out Saddam other than pure vendetta on Bush Jr.s part.

Kerry uses his Military record as a factor in his campain becasue we are in a war, it is a valad aspect of his life to bring up. The nature of someo f his honos are in question, point is somone obvioulsy felt they were deserved or they would not have been awarded. This will be argued back and forth to no end or resolution but there is one thign that noone can dispute. Kerry at least has combat experiance and Bush does not.

I know on several of my posts I make several jokes at Bush's expence.. but I try to keep spin away from honest stements. I have not spoken of negitive aspects of kerry here nor have I brought up Bush's good points becasue idonot have the time to do a full bio of either.

You have your beliefs and that is good.. but take the time to truely open your mind to fact, history, and insight.

Wraith

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join