It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its so very simple.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
rbrmyisau dpzrpmr eoaa gohitr yjod piy

ejrm upi fp qarsdr i!i zr ejsy yjod dsud

Before any mods see this and delete it, please consider that this may be a very valid thread. Yes, its doesn't make much sense at first but I assure you this is relevent to ATS and this forum.

I'd appreciate it if this at least gets the chance to be pondered by a few people.

Have fun all.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If this is what you call a very valid thread, and relevant, then why is it in code? Cause it looks like gibberish to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If its jibberish, then its not code.

And just so more people take a look, its is code, thats the point. Its a very very very simple code too. I'm curious if any ATSers crack it since its LEAGUES below any government code.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Could you give some info, what does this have to do with technology?

You say its a code, did you make it? Where did you get, can you provide a link? This is NOT a valid thread, there is not enough info. Looks to me like you are tring to make your own ring game.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, at this point it can be deleted. I just wanted to see if anyone could break a low end code to start a debate about codes and desyphering them.

And I guess the thread isn't all that valid since I started it with a code rather than just discussion. Seems valid to me, but I tend to think out-side-the-box about stuff.

I'll take my weird codes to another forum.
Sorry for the troubles.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Can you not answer any of the QUESTions?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just give some more info and maybe some of us reading this will give it a shot.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This little riddle of the day belongs firmly under chit chat on BTS. Honestly this is both childish and pointless. If you have something to say do so - this is not the Mensa website. A few minutes ago you were debating the relevance on ATS of other threads - keep the same criteria for your postings.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Could you give some info, what does this have to do with technology?

Computers are the most frequently used tool in code breaking. The second is the human brain.

You say its a code, did you make it?

The code? No, its a very standard type of coding. I did however write the above message in code. So the code is nto mine but the content of the message is.

Where did you get, can you provide a link?

The code is a standard type of code i learned a long time ago. I don't recall the original source but I'm sure it is refferenced in virtually all books on codes.

This is NOT a valid thread, there is not enough info. Looks to me like you are tring to make your own ring game.

The original intent was to first, see if ATSers would grab a challange and solve a strange thread. Secondly it was to start a debate about using codes and encryptions.

So since people aren't happy with just a coded message, I'll add more and try to validate this thread.

Are there any intercepted messages in the ATS community that haven't yet been broken? Is anyone working on any messages at the moment? My original post is a simple message to practice decoding, but I'm interested in something with important content.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
But there is already proof that they can, (see RING game). Why do you need to test the abilities of members?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This thread has no merit for being on ATS - Mods please move this thread to BTS where it belongs.; Maybe there is a need for a puzzle section on BTS.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
But there is already proof that they can, (see RING game). Why do you need to test the abilities of members?

Fair enough. This is my last post to the thread. I'll wait for it to fade into ATS history or for a mod to find and delete it. It was a bad thread concept to start i guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You people are all so rude. You have nothing better to do than make the mods delete and move posts? Geez, what's it matter to you? Your world gonna' end if a topic IS IN THE WRONG AREA. OMGOMGOMGOMG NOOO!

Lol.

Quest: Good idea for a thread. It gets people involved.
As for this code, I have no clue what it is, so therefore, I can't decipher it. Although, I would actually like it if this thread would lead me to LEARN ABOUT CODES. (That's the main point of his thread, incase you clueless ones couldn't pick it up.)

[edit on 9-8-2004 by hallucinated]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
BTW, this belongs in this forum because codes are "technology", in a way.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It will take you several minutes to "figure" this one out. English is not even my first language and i got it in 15 minutes.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Once you figure the code out, you'll say this too..."Its so very simple"
This sure belongs to technology! You'll see why when you figure it out!
Good job, Quest!

If you are able to decode the code, don't post it here! Let other people work on it.

Eventually everyone will figure this out!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am still trying, with no success. Any hints?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
AHHH! I can't get it! I may just be thinking too hard.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm glad a few people got it and see its relevance now. I'll give it a few more days for others to play around with and maybe figure out. In the end this isn't just about codes, but how technology can effect the way we see language.

Sinchron got it first.
30 minutes later jp1111 got it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Bollocks too it...I need a fag!! Good thread though, keep me busy on a long night shift like tonight.

never been good with codes, but I am interested

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join