It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BellSouth/ATT couldn't help and I Still Don't know what to do - PLUS NOW cell phone experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

No proof to show you Just documentation for YEARS. Although I possibly could get proof from the phone companies.

I'd like to get this thing resolved once and for all. Let me start from the beginning:

I'm having a phone problem that I have dealt with for years and YEARS!. Learned to live with it. But now I'm obsessed with wanting to find out why this is happening and fix the thing! Initially, it started ringing a 1/2 ring at 2:33AM CST really often , almost all the time, and we noticed no set pattern.

Back a year ago, Nov, I believe, is when it changed the TIME and I began to see a pattern of it being only on Sat night's - officially Sun AM, with the time now is a 12:02 AM. BellSouth and ATT can not help me. It wasn't long ago they did more testing... took it OFF testing and it STILL did it then. NO HELP there and you'd think they could help find and FIX!

Hoping some of you may offer a clue as to what could possibly be going on. I mentioned this in my SeekerLou's weird experience thread before but what has prompted me to start a thread of THIS soley is because an experience I had with my cell phone. NO PROOF of course, but the alarm rang at 1:30 during the day. It was previously set for 7AM. What's up with this?? Have 3 alarm settings in my phone and NONE were set for that time! And never in a million years would I set my phone to 1:30... This was PM by the way.

LOL if anyone wants to come spend Sat nights with us, you are welcome to come see /hear for yourself. I just want this resolved and/or if I'm supposed to realize something. I'd like to know WHAT.

Any advice?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow that is weird!

My phone I am convinced has a mind of its own. It shuts off when it wants, randomly dials people when it's just sitting there. Pandora will come on and I didn't turn it on I was making a call. Verizon says there isn't anything wrong with it and I just laugh because the things it does are not normal. I am convinced they haven't a club about the products they sell. I had a three day period where i could not receive calls only texts and nobody could figure it out until I went into the store and was there for an hour while one guy who seemed to know more than those techs on the phone finally got it fixed. I still get all the other weird things with this phone but i also have a weird thing with electronics. they all love to malfunction on me no matter how new. It's been going on forever and my friends joke about it now....that is another story.

Do you have any paranormal experiences?

Has anything like this happened before?

What kind of phone do you have?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

My phones time is always off, that is the only time issue I seem to have. It will be off by 5-10 mins sometimes then correct itself. It's weird but like i said this phone has its own mind!

So every Saturday night it goes off at 2:33am and then at 1:30pm as an alarm but you don't have it set for that time but another.

It could be something with your phone, I have no idea

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
. I still get all the other weird things with this phone but i also have a weird thing with electronics. they all love to malfunction on me no matter how new. It's been going on forever and my friends joke about it now....that is another story.

LOL I hear ya. Same here and friends joke!

Yes and Yes!

Let me clarify that the years of problems have been on my house phone.
My cellular phone is ... you guessed it ... verizon!

lol We must be related

Thanks for understanding and for your replies!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

did they put a trace on the phone , is it a land line or cell phone.
one time at work, we had a fax line that would ring once every monday morning, this went on for about six months
but the return number was never there, then one monday the number showed up and we found out that the number they were faxing was one digit off. faxed them back telling them this and it stopped.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Thank you for your reply Hounddog...

The phone is a land line.
They did not OFFER to put a trace on it. I wonder why? That would definitely be the next step! I do have caller ID but of course it won't register with only one ring.

Glad ya'll got your problem resolved: Thanks for sharing that and trying to help!

You'd think they would try a little harder to help me, since I have been a loyal customer for all these years.

It just happened with my cell phone which is what prompted me to do this thread. I only occasionally use the cell phone, but if it starts doing this for years and YEARS .. I'll really pull my hair out! One phone problem is bad enough ...

Anyone here work at ATT.. what does it take to get a trace . Shouldn't they have offered to trace for free?
edit on 19-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
. I still get all the other weird things with this phone but i also have a weird thing with electronics. they all love to malfunction on me no matter how new. It's been going on forever and my friends joke about it now....that is another story.

LOL I hear ya. Same here and friends joke!

Yes and Yes!

Let me clarify that the years of problems have been on my house phone.
My cellular phone is ... you guessed it ... verizon!

lol We must be related

Thanks for understanding and for your replies!

Yeah I have always had issues with phones either cell or home, tv's, computers (oddly my Apple laptop never had issues), watches and pretty much anything I touch. My ex joked how when I was over at his house his computer malfunctioned twice and all I did was turn it on! He had no idea what I did and he never had issues. I joked and said well if I touch it you will lol Well that is what happened...So yeah odd occurrences and I too have paranormal experiences.

I have a motorola droid 1st generation. I had an iPhone but the screen broke and a friend offered me his droid since he got a new one. He never had ONE problem with that phone, I get it and omg I just say it's possessed. I have taken pics or recorded things that show right after I do it but then they aren't there. I recorded TWO shuttle launches that just didn't record even though it was recording and said saved, well it wasn't there later lol I have one weird thing that they can't figure out either. My bf is not in my contacts even though I saved him in there but he does show up as saved because I can go into recent calls click on his name and edit his name, number and so on yet in my contact list he is not there. If I delete my call list I would have to type his number in manually because he doesn't come up! It is so weird but know this because I use to delete my call list then I realized he wasn't saving as a contact for some reason..I have resat my phone and reentered his number and it STILL does it. It hasn't done it with anyone else..It is very strange.

I do have an off question just for person reasons, do you enjoy lightning and thunderstorms? I have a reason I am asking lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok, so the issue on the land line can be several things, but it sounds like there is a short on the Ring side of your 2 wired circuit (Phone line).
If some calls the other phone that you are shorted too, your line will get ringing voltage sent to your phone as well.
I will bet that it happens more when there is water or condensation on the line, and as the ringing voltage goes through, it burns the water off. This happens all the time.

As for the cellphone now being affected, that is a whole different ball game.

It is one of 2 things. It is either the cellphone profile glitching out in the ATT Softswitch, or the phone itself.
If phone records does not show an inbound call for that instance, then the phone is the culprit.
See of a local ATT store can re-flash the phone in an attempt to clear the problem.
If there is a time period that it happens most, see if you can get it on video.
At the very least, try to keep a trouble log, as it brings more credence to the issue.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for sharing your weird experiences. Wild stuff huh! Yep related lol

If you are interested, my weird experiences thread is here: SeekerLou's Weird Experiences www.abovetopsecret.com... ... Have experience a LOT.

I love water, rain, but NOT lighting storms. My bro in law *at the time* was struck by lightning, others killed at lake. So NO, I don't like lightning... My house has been struck too! Lot's of damage
..but I do love a calm rain
And I do wonder why you ask.

Paranormal things do happen quite often here..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Ok, so the issue on the land line can be several things, but it sounds like there is a short on the Ring side of your 2 wired circuit (Phone line).
If some calls the other phone that you are shorted too, your line will get ringing voltage sent to your phone as well.
I will bet that it happens more when there is water or condensation on the line, and as the ringing voltage goes through, it burns the water off. This happens all the time.

As for the cellphone now being affected, that is a whole different ball game.

It is one of 2 things. It is either the cellphone profile glitching out in the ATT Softswitch, or the phone itself.
If phone records does not show an inbound call for that instance, then the phone is the culprit.
See of a local ATT store can re-flash the phone in an attempt to clear the problem.
If there is a time period that it happens most, see if you can get it on video.
At the very least, try to keep a trouble log, as it brings more credence to the issue.

Hi MacMan
Thanks for your input here. Have always and even suggested to both Bellsouth and ATT that it was possibly a short. They couldn't find the problem. I suggested it was a switch gone bad at their station even, all to no avail.

This again, main prob for years, has been on my land line... I can't take my house phones line for a flashing. Although if my cell phone continues, I will definitely take it to Verizon. Thanks for the suggestion .

Sorry, if I am confusing folk. I have one ongoing prob with my land line house phone. And only once has it happened on my cell thus far. Hope I'm making things clear now.

It doesn't matter ... we can be under a drought and it will still ring,. I have ruled out the moisture. Thought that same thing at first when I started looking into this matter. But it doesn't matter what the weather is - thought it was grounding out... but NOPE.

Do appreciate ya! Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well, here is the kicker. If the condensation on the line is so small that it burns off after either a ring or test, then they will never see it during testing.

The water or condensation is not necessarily due to the environment. Water can be trapped in the large underground cabling for years, regardless of drought or heavy flooding.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Aha.. learn something new everyday ! Thanks!
I didn't know that! One would think even with a drought that everything would be dry!

Thanks for sharing this, educating me! Truly appreciate it! Maybe if you were here - we might could possibly get somewhere... and get phone fixed! How I wish!

Thanks again! Macman!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hi, My Name is Yolanda and I am using my boyfriend's account to look at ATS...
I use to work for SBC./ ATT.. I was a Maintance Admin. I worked in what was called Priority Repair...
So when you call repair service you can tell them a retired Maint . Admin told you to tell them what to
do for your phone trouble.
In TRANSLATIONS there is a feature or code... (its use to be called : PLIT) If they put in a trouble ticket and
ask translations to remove you from PLIT testing .... that should solve your problem.... All the testing in the
world will not find the problem.
It is a feature that the company has that test your line.... that is an automatic thing and if you havent worked on a lot of different types of trouble you will never know where to look.
I do have to say I was VERY GOOD at my job and did a lot of helping new people who were trained.
They dont train people like they use to.
I hope this helps you,

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

You can say that again.

Most Telecom Field Techs rely on Modern 3M Auto Testers, basically attach, push button and read results.
Any tech that has been in it for 10 years plus prefers to use Multimeter, Ears and old testing ways for troubles like this.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

Hi, My Name is Yolanda and I am using my boyfriend's account to look at ATS...
I use to work for SBC./ ATT.. I was a Maintance Admin. I worked in what was called Priority Repair...
So when you call repair service you can tell them a retired Maint . Admin told you to tell them what to
do for your phone trouble.
In TRANSLATIONS there is a feature or code... (its use to be called : PLIT) If they put in a trouble ticket and
ask translations to remove you from PLIT testing .... that should solve your problem.... All the testing in the
world will not find the problem.
It is a feature that the company has that test your line.... that is an automatic thing and if you havent worked on a lot of different types of trouble you will never know where to look.
I do have to say I was VERY GOOD at my job and did a lot of helping new people who were trained.
I hope this helps you,

Thanks Yolanda! Appreciate your jumping in to help!
Not sure if they already did exactly that or what. But I will let them know what you said next time.

All I know is that for several days they tested the line and could find NO prob.
Then they decided to take me off of their ''normal'' automatic testing and if it happened then , that I was to get back with them. I got back with them and told them it still rang.
Thennnn they could offer me no further solution.

Do you think they tried this YOUR way? Or would that have been different?
Thanks again for your suggestion,. I agree, they don't train folk like they use to!

Thanks again to you ALL for trying to help !
edit on 19-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: changed wording teach to train

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Even if the tests are good (Via 3m), it does not mean that there is not a short.
Ask to have your cable pair moved off the current binder or you will move to another carrier.

Also, if the line is coming in off a PairGain, there could be a bad card/port as well.
Or a bridge tap, but the test should show that.

edit on 19-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Thanks again Macman!!

I knew if I put this out there that my fellow ATSers would could to my rescue.

Hope we can nip this thing in the bud!
Too, I'd say all of our lines around this area, switches, phone system needs a good updating.

Appreciate ya! Good suggestion, I'll try that and see what happens. It would be nice if they did move it and put it on something new! Who knows, I still may leave them yet : My phone bill has just increased again and it may be cheaper to go another route now... strictly cell. Haven't made up my mind yet.
edit on 19-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: To add.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey wait a minute! lol.. All the explanations sound really good with the condensation thing, etc. BUT that still wouldn't account for it ringing only at a certain time.!

Explain that one, then I'll be good to go

Do APPRECIATE your replies.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Hey wait a minute! lol.. All the explanations sound really good with the condensation thing, etc. BUT that still wouldn't account for it ringing only at a certain time.!

Explain that one, then I'll be good to go

Do APPRECIATE your replies.

It could be that the other/crossed line has in incoming call, revolving around that same time. Maybe from a spouse on a scheduled break, that always calls at that time.

Or, if there is a hardware failure, then a capacitor could be discharging after the segmented amount of buildup hits.

There are many possibilities.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If any alarms are set on the cellphone and it dies (the battery) when you charge it and turn it on, it will then go OFF because it is preprogrammed as a "missed" alarm so the phone will think you slept through the alarm basically it also will go off till you dismiss it.
The land phone, I would say that you may need to do some chakra work and change your polarity, or your partner does. Do either one of you notice street lights going out when near them? That would tell you it is time to change your polarity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join