It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best meal you ever had?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I read this in a book yesterday. The auther remembers the best meal he ever had, crackers and broth but it was after vomiting for a week, so when he could finally eat, it was wonderful.

We all have memorable meals. Whether because it was teh atmosphere, the food, a surprise, etc.
Outside the typical thanksgiving of course, unless there is a specific reason its tuck out. One thanksgiving dinner made second on my list. My step mother spends three days making everything from scratch.

The most memorable meal i had was at a bridal shower dinner for a good friend. it was at an italian restaurant called Della Noche.

I am not usually a huge alfredo fan, but my friend ordered it especially. This tasted like it was made by angels. Never had I had a meal so good.

Proscuitto and melon. I can't wait to go back again.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well as a total food nut esp one who loves to cook it's hard to think of my best meal ever but the best meal I have had in the last year was in Italy.

While I was in Italy over the holidays my bf took me to his favorite restaurant there. It was a very nice place, you had to be dressed up which I did not mind
Anyway, I had this appetizer plate that had all kinds of Italian style mini appetizers. I don't know what half of it was but omg it was delicious! Then for dinner I had a type of ravioli with a white sauce. The only word I recognized on the menu was gorgonzola lol but these were the best raviolis I have ever had. I took the rest home and was really sad when they were gone. I can never have that unless I go back to Italy lol They were so creamy and the raviolis were stuffed with cheese and spices, not sure what kind of cheese though but it was delicious. That meal is probably my favorite in the last year that i remember.

I like to cook things myself and I wish I knew what this dish was so I could make it myself because I know my friends and family would love it.

Oh I forgot the fried treats I got at the Market there too were awesome! They were fried potatoes and cheese things. I have a pic somewhere lol The girl I was with just called them "yummy fried goodness." She was right! lol

The food there was awesome! It was kind of nice too cause my family is Italian/Sicilian on my mom's side mostly and my mom always cooked from scratch too and that is how I prefer to cook. It was nice to have actual home cooked food at restaurants there. They really do make everything from scratch. Funny thing i learned there is that Bertoli pasta really is made there and it's very popular although most of the people there make their own pasta, which I prefer as well. My friend said that Bertoli pasta is what you should use if you want to use real Italian pasta that is already made. Anyway, the food was great and i gained almost 10lbs while there lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Good topic...should be an interesting thread!

I just had a wonderful breakfast the other day and it stands out as my most memorable meal in my life thus far (of course I am excluding mom's cooking because she might join ATS someday and read this) and it was surprisingly simple but awesome.

French toast made with Texas style bread, topped with whipped cream cheese and bake apples (like apple pie filling). I had never even heard of such a thing and out of curiosity decided to order it. My wife and I have breakfast at the same place about twice a week and apparently they had employed a new cook, this particular delight was his new addition to the menu.

Very good and will be a regular now in my diet...all the years of eating different delicacies and for some reason this breakfast delight is the one that stands out as most memorable.

Thanks for letting me share!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Best meal I ever have is Sunday lunch.......roast lamb with roast vegetables and fresh mint sauce.

I'm sure the best meal I'll ever have will be when food becomes so scarce or that you have'nt seen any food for a whole week and just stale bread dipped in something that resembles soup would seem like gourmet

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
go to be a roast dinner or full english breakfast especially when hungover :-)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth313
go to be a roast dinner or full english breakfast especially when hungover :-)

What is a full english breakfast? I don't want to sound ignorant...but I have never heard of it, and I am curious!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Its what we refer to in England, as a ''Fry Up''

Generally it will consist of back bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, tomato, fried mushrooms, black pudding and toast, sometimes served with hash browns.

All to be washed down with a good cup of tea

edit on 19-6-2011 by Red_xi because: Forgot the mushrooms

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I like Red Lobsters alfredo its great.
edit on 19-6-2011 by lokdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Hmmm...does not sound bad. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Although I would much rather have coffee in place of tea.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Its good. Get your derrière over here one day and try it out.

I hear you on the Coffee friend

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi

Its good. Get your derrière over here one day and try it out.

I hear you on the Coffee friend

I would love to...thank you for the invite! Provided that things don't get too carried away over here and I can still get a passport...I would love the chance to travel and check it out!

Made me smile just thinking about it.

You English are such hospitable people...we need to learn some of that over this way someday.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That sounds so good!

I love my diner I go to for breakfast. They always have something new, it's great.

I will have to try and make this one since I do have the ingredients in the fridge lol

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Your typical thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet corn, mac nd cheese, etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

That sounds so good!

I love my diner I go to for breakfast. They always have something new, it's great.

I will have to try and make this one since I do have the ingredients in the fridge lol

It is deffinately good...I don't know that it is all that healthy but everyone needs to break the health cycle once in awhile!

I am not sure exactly how the cream cheese is done...I know it's whipped...but I think there might be a splash of vanilla in it. It tastes a bit like vanilla...I am not sure.

Anyway...have fun making it...it's a treat indeed!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You can make whipped flavored cream cheese and butter
I have done it lol

Yeah I don't care about the fat in it, if it's good there is always an occasion I can make it for lol

Plus it's not bad in moderation

edit on 6/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Flavored cream cheese...hmmm...now that puts a spin on it.

I might end up in my kitchen here in a minute too!

It had not even occured to me to use flavored cream cheese...thanks for the thought!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

My favorite meal of all time would have to be Steak and Baked potatoes.
Steak has to be grilled, medium rare. Usually a Ribeye, New York Strip, or Porterhouse.
Baked Potato: Baked in oven with Foil. (Never microwaved) with butter, cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives and bacon bits.
Add some fresh corn on the cob, a salad, and maybe some fresh yeast rolls.
Oh, and gotta have Iced Tea to go with it. (Sweetened with real cane sugar)
Gotta go, my wife is about to serve my Father's day meal. (Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes)
She makes the best.
Bon Apetit.
Noro.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truth313

I have a fond memory of steak and eggs at 2 am.
Gotta love drunk food.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

that french toast sounds downright dangerous. XD
I dont put syrup on mine, i melt butter on it, and then cover it with powdered sugar, it makes like an icing.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Has the OP ever seen the movie "Babettes's Feast" ?

I was taken by this film and I could literally taste it all!

Babette's Feast 1987

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join