It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ideal Martian Exploration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In a word, a documentary is needed, hopefully with plenty of real time action, as the best form of pre-Contact with an ET species or people (including humans?). The film medium, I'm convinced, would soften, as much as possible, the harsh blow to the fragile egos and psyches of (apparent) billions of the various types of (political and religious) true believers, CULTISTS (that's right), who unfortunately constitute the majority of folks on this rock, at least now. The film is or would be the introduction to absolute proof of the intelligently unseen (IU), thereby creating a truly new political world by default.

What better place to begin the historic presentation than from a spacecraft on Mars? I'm picturing a narrator, like me, next to a large window of the craft, with a view of something most stunningly (as possible) Martian - something NASA and the Yew-Ess gubment (Spookocracy) would be vehemently against the public knowing today. I would wager there's at least one such spot on the Red Planet. And I say Mars because that's the planet's name today, but I'm for getting rid of backward, needlessly destructive concepts like a (Roman) "god" of friggin' WAR, for Chrissakes. I personally would rename it Eros, the Greek "god" of love...

Who would make the best first Earthling on Mars, or the focal one, most officially, in a civilized enough (for once), open, non-secretive (by definition) way, whether or not it has already happened in the opposite/dark side way, which I have a strong hunch it has? (I refer to the Gary McKinnon/non-terrestrial officers story). Essentially, the Neil Armstrong of Mars should be a very different kind of explorer than a NASAnaut - one who represents a civilized enough cosmic-universal people, not corrupt, militaristic government. I believe an artist or other artistic-poetic enough soul who also has a rational-scientific enough mind is the best candidate, and this is my formal nomination of myself for the task, at least to my limited knowledge. True, I don't see how the mission could be accomplished without the Extrication ("Rapture," ha ha!) of at least a small group of we explorers, so I'm not having a solo grandeur fantasy here. Basically everything works with group efforts.

As one with a substantial enough history of unexplained experiences, I believe, or really intuit, the essential truth of the Chosen factor among certain abductees and contactees. However, since I have no memory of any such nonhuman - except for very apparently when I was 3 or 4, briefly, and possibly when I was 10 - I believe I would be a more unbiased, ordinary enough explorer than one who has had (presumably true) conscious contact experiences in adulthood. Better I than Whitley Strieber, for example. Count me in as one of the Extricated in whatever capacity, if at all possible. Let's turn Mars into Eros, and obviously rename its dark side-named moons (Phobos and Demos) as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
In a word, a documentary is needed, hopefully with plenty of real time action, as the best form of pre-Contact with an ET species or people (including humans?).
If they exist.

The film medium, I'm convinced, would soften, as much as possible, the harsh blow to the fragile egos and psyches of (apparent) billions of the various types of (political and religious) true believers, CULTISTS (that's right), who unfortunately constitute the majority of folks on this rock, at least now. The film is or would be the introduction to absolute proof of the intelligently unseen (IU), thereby creating a truly new political world by default.
What if the ET species or people (if they exist) aren't able to see the film? How can we know how they see?

What better place to begin the historic presentation than from a spacecraft on Mars? I'm picturing a narrator, like me, next to a large window of the craft, with a view of something most stunningly (as possible) Martian - something NASA and the Yew-Ess gubment (Spookocracy) would be vehemently against the public knowing today.
Then you have to find that place first.

And I say Mars because that's the planet's name today, but I'm for getting rid of backward, needlessly destructive concepts like a (Roman) "god" of friggin' WAR, for Chrissakes. I personally would rename it Eros, the Greek "god" of love...
That's just silly, why change the name of something that has been know by that name for more than 2000 years?

Who would make the best first Earthling on Mars, or the focal one, most officially, in a civilized enough (for once), open, non-secretive (by definition) way, whether or not it has already happened in the opposite/dark side way, which I have a strong hunch it has?
I don't know, and I'm sure that anyone will have their own opinion.

I believe an artist or other artistic-poetic enough soul who also has a rational-scientific enough mind is the best candidate, and this is my formal nomination of myself for the task, at least to my limited knowledge.
Why is an "artist or other artistic-poetic enough soul" the best candidate? In what way does someone like that represents better who we are?

Count me in as one of the Extricated in whatever capacity, if at all possible.
If I ever be in a position to chose such a person, I don't think I would choose you, but if I will be in that position I will contact you.

Let's turn Mars into Eros, and obviously rename its dark side-named moons (Phobos and Demos) as well.
No. If I started calling you Josephine, would everybody knew that I was talking about you?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The beauty of the Internet, as opposed to an interrogation room or court of law, is that one can simply express the truth as he or she sees it based on experiences and knowledge, where others are free to disagree and/or disinform as much as they wish. No skin from anywhere on this body.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

That may be true, but I don't understand what's the connection to what I wrote.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I hope the OP made it clear enough that it's an OPINION statement based on my perspective, just as your initial reply is opinion. I don't see how it's possible to determine a right or wrong, or a more rational versus less rational, between our exchange, ArMaP. It's why "ideal" is in the title, based on my opinion, experiences etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
I don't see how it's possible to determine a right or wrong, or a more rational versus less rational, between our exchange, ArMaP.
Neither do I, maybe that's why I don't understand your answer.

It's why "ideal" is in the title, based on my opinion, experiences etc.
Maybe we have different definitions of "ideal"...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth I personally would rename it Eros, the Greek "god" of love...

Sounds like a plan
Venus is all fire and acid rain according to NASA but Mars is covered in hearts...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Holy Valentine's Day, Batman, I had no idea! Too cool.

new topics

top topics

join