It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British-French "do-or-die" mission in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbca777cf1c8.jpg[/atsimg]

This is interesting, apparently 130 British and French agents are hunting Qaddafi in a "do-or-die" mission which costs about a million per week. (British, French hired to kill Gaddafi: Report)

I have argued that this is not about toppling the Qaddafi regime any more, as it has been evident that he and the Libyan regime has strong support all over the country. (NATO Plan to divide Libya like Sudan)

If those behind this bloody war wanted to topple Qaddafi, they would have already sent troops as we know they have very little respect for International law.

I argued that this is more about dividing Libya like Sudan, that explains the stalemate. The purpose of the stalemate can arguably said to increase resentment between Libyans. Once resentments reach a point of not return, an invasion, or the regime change would be much easier.

I think the reason why they desperately want to kill Qaddafi, is because they want to end the unity of the resistance. If Qaddafi is gone, then who will replace him? That question, through coordinated propaganda attack can create division within the resistance.

This is going to be interesting/
edit on 19-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
interesting ?

even it is presented as such, it's not a tv show, it's war, people are dying...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
interesting ?

even it is presented as such, it's not a tv show, it's war, people are dying...

I choose my words very carefully, and when I choose the wrong words sometimes, I'm glad that people pick it out for me.

In this case, I haven't picked the wrong words, you have just let your emotions cloud your judgement.

It is interesting, "Arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention". I'm interested in war, from a strategic point of view, from a historic point of view, from the political point of view.

I hate the bloodshed, but the blood of wars is on the neck of those who initiate them. That bloodshed and the reasoning behind it is interesting human characteristic, or a system's characteristics.

Maybe if more people show a little more interest in war, they might be able to find ways to stop them before they are triggered, or to end them while they have already started.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
German Defence Minister:

"An international peacekeeping force is a hypothetical thing which would only be necessary if Libya broke apart and one had to separate the warring parties,"

"In a country that is hopefully developing democratically that would neither be necessary nor desirable. I hope that it will not come to a military operation of that kind, because Libya will hopefully remain united and develop democratically."

www.expatica.com...

British, French agents undercover in Libya to get Gaddafi: Report (SOURCE - NEWSTRACKINDIA)
edit on 19-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have generally viewed Egypt as acting as a cork/bottle neck to restrict access between Africa and Eurasia.. hence why I feel Mubarak had the level of support he did.. So now that has fallen to other hands Libya seems to be heading towards being used in the same way as I fear Southern Sudan will.

I see it similar to the tactic employed when Britain could not contain Afghanistan and in turn protect their interests in India.. what did they do? they leap frogged into Persia. It is (imho) all about controlling routes which in turn controls the flow of resources while preventing other nations joining up to create opposing blocks.

I could be way off the mark.. but I do feel we are in the midst of a huge game where those at the top consider our lives and the lives of those around the world nothing in comparison to their maintaining their stranglehold or at the very least an attempt to contain their opposition.

top topics

join