It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Video: Car Slams Into Gas Pump, Explodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Damn! this was crazy , a surveillance video released from a California fuel station shows customers running for safety as a car crashes into a fuel pump and causes the collapse of the metal awning above the pumps.

Gotta see this

edit on 19-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

HOLY S-word! Words cannot describe. Imagine, there you are pumping your gas. De dee dee, hum hum.. KaBoom!!!
Pay attention to your surroundings

Two people were seriously injured after their car slammed into two pumps at a gas station causing one to burst into flames. Police say they had tried to pull the car over before the crash but the driver sped off. (June 17)

edit on 19-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

The black guy ran like the cops were chasing him
but he dodged the car by inches, I don't know whether he saw the car coming or not, most likely he didn't, but he was saved by inches. Damn, he must have been in a real adrenalin rush.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wished we had nice clear footage of the attacks on the pentagon and the twin towers on 9/11 like this one

edit on 19-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
nice vid.....driver education anyone ;-) but really someone should bitch slap the driver of that car for stupidity

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
One thing is certain:

Vin Diesel was NOT the driver of that car.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Damn I seriously thought that this only happened in grand theft auto. I've always assumed that the pump only receives gasoline while it's actively pumping so even if you hit the pump, you're not going to get an explosion, maybe just a leak.

Though it looks like I was wrong, and I'm glad that I am because that was awesome. This is already a great Father's Day, thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd
Damn I seriously thought that this only happened in grand theft auto. I've always assumed that the pump only receives gasoline while it's actively pumping so even if you hit the pump, you're not going to get an explosion, maybe just a leak.

Though it looks like I was wrong, and I'm glad that I am because that was awesome. This is already a great Father's Day, thanks.

There is a meter inside the pump that holds and measures the fuel that has to be activated (much like a valve) before fuel will come out the hose. This is the reason they have emergency cut off switches near the pumps or inside by the counter.

In any case, did anyone else notice a BP Youtube channel advertisement pop up over the bottom of the video when it was playing? Talk about irony.

King

new topics

top topics

join