It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly E. coli found in Frankfurt stream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Deadly E. coli found in Frankfurt stream

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93bdd1d874ca.jpg[/atsimg]

The dangerous strain of E. coli that has claimed the lives of nearly 40 Germans has been found in a stream in Frankfurt, it was confirmed Friday evening. But authorities said there was no risk to the city's water supply.

The Environment Ministry of the state of Hesse announced that the deadly O 104:H 4 strain of the bacteria had been found in the Erlenbach stream in the north-east of the city.

A more harmless E. coli strain had been found in a vegetable farm close by the stream last week, when lettuce was apparently contaminated by water used for washing. Following routine checks, the more dangerous E. coli form was then found in the stream.

Mod Note : Posting Work Written by Others
edit on 19-6-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod note , add external source tags

The link is the first line in this post! I always give the link and quote! Unless you're talking about the caption under the picture, which is the caption. I bold the captions. I figured quoting it would confuse it for being apart of the actual article. Just so you know, I always post like this. Btw, i would go back & fix my threads but the 4 hour edit lockout wont let me. Whats the deal with a 4 hour lockout anyway? So what's the rules on captions? Quote them as well ?

So for the record, I did not write this article

edit on 19-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
first it was lettuce, then cucumbers, then sprouts...now a river. bollocks i say. there are quite a few cases now, around 3804 since i last checked.

fox news was on, and they had a scrolling update, saying the amount of cases was going down. when they listed the new number (3804) it was higher than what they had previously said. all the while maintaining that the amount was lessening.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It is a good way to disable a city via the water supply.

This looks more like a stream than a major water source...

If it is in this stream , how did it get there?

reminds me.. I am thirsty....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
first it was lettuce, then cucumbers, then sprouts...now a river. bollocks i say. there are quite a few cases now, around 3804 since i last checked.

fox news was on, and they had a scrolling update, saying the amount of cases was going down. when they listed the new number (3804) it was higher than what they had previously said. all the while maintaining that the amount was lessening.

Aw yes Fox the paragon of accuracy.

new topics

top topics

join