It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Airports-Geese plans will see plans for distribution to the poor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What a novel idea.

news.airwise.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The city will pay for the capture and transport of the geese to facilities in Pennsylvania where they will be prepared for consumption and distributed to Pennsylvania food banks, a spokesman for the city's Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) said.

"Rather than disposing of them in landfills, we wanted to make sure they do not go to waste," the spokesman said.

Very good idea, they're good eating birds. I'm glad they're not letting them go to waste.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Man, these homeless people are going to be eating better than me! I love a nice roasted Goose.

For some reason I have a feeling that some people are going to try and twist this into something bad. "Oh so the homeless aren't good enough for chickens, they have to deal with geese" That sort of thing. I hope not. The Seinfeld episode about the homeless people being too good to eat muffin stumps comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They tried this same thing in Toronto a number of years ago. The idea was to cull the geese along Lakeshore and near the Island Airport, with the birds being processed for homeless shelters.

The public bitched and moaned, people cried about the wildlife, health issues were raised. In the end they waited for the birds to lay eggs, and then painted the eggs with mineral oil to suffocate the embryos.

And the homeless went hungry.
edit on 20/6/2011 by anxietydisorder because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join