It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0288796

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's not about machoismo or even feminism... It's about letting go of the ego.

I applaud anyone who can let go of their ego in order to see the bigger picture...

And you don't think he posted here to boost his ego? He sounds like a guy who thrives on attention to me. Why else tell us about how much of a "father" he is (just like us other "men"). I think he's a troll to be honest.

yep...me too... from the very first post....he likes attention...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I'm getting to that old age and my dad still treats me like a kid. Kudos to you and don't ever give it up. I would be lost without my dad and wouldn't know how to make it on my own. I am glad that he's here with me. You're a real man and don't let anyone tell you any different. Happy Father's Day.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

He's not a real man. A real man and father doesn't need to broadcast on an internet forum or anywhere else what he does for his children. The children's actions and personality should speak loud enough for everyone to hear. The OP wants attention and a bunch of attaboys. Sad really.

ETA: "I'm a single father of a wonderfully bright 6 year old girl..." That's the only comment he made about his daughter as far as a compliment goes. The rest of the post is all about him and how much a "father" he is.
edit on 19-6-2011 by 0288796 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You people are WACK!!!!

Sounds like some of you a little resentful to how you were raised or maybe how you raise your kids.

How can you be trolling by expressing how much you enjoy spending time with your kids?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm getting to that old age and my dad still treats me like a kid. Kudos to you and don't ever give it up. I would be lost without my dad and wouldn't know how to make it on my own. I am glad that he's here with me. You're a real man and don't let anyone tell you any different. Happy Father's Day.

He's not a real man. A real man and father doesn't need to broadcast on an internet forum or anywhere else what he does for his children. The children's actions and personality should speak loud enough for everyone to hear. The OP wants attention and a bunch of attaboys. Sad really.

Did you ever think, that maybe he wants, some confirmation from his family, and never gets it? No one ever remember cards to send him or calls him? And the best way he knows how to express it, is through the internet? Nothing wrong in that.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
You people are WACK!!!!

Sounds like some of you a little resentful to how you were raised or maybe how you raise your kids.

How can you be trolling by expressing how much you enjoy spending time with your kids?

He is a troll. His "men" and real men bs......because we choose not to cross dress. If he's working 18 hours, how is he still posting on ATS?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Your obviously scared of attention, possibly scared of even an expressed personality. Hence why you couldn't even give yourself a name, just a bunch of numbers.

If you don't like yourself and are scared that others judge you, you should be at least interested that there are others that are different from you. But because you are so resentful i would have to say that you already know you don't like yourself and attack anyone that is not like you because you cannot change.

good luck in life buddy, rest assured most of us are having a better time here than you.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Did you ever think, that maybe he wants, some confirmation from his family, and never gets it?

Not to pick a fight with you, but now a real man needs confirmation?

link   
Wow, I find it amazing how people can come into such a lighthearted topic and try to chop at the OP.... I feel sorry for people like that... Did you ever think that it is maybe better to improve your own self image, instead of trying to spew negative energy at other people?

edit on Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:16:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

You people are WACK!!!!

He is a troll. His "men" and real men bs......because we choose not to cross dress. If he's working 18 hours, how is he still posting on ATS?

Then start a new thread about what it means to be a real MAN!!!

I personally would like to know what it means to be a real woman, that really gets me confused.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Your obviously scared of attention, possibly scared of even an expressed personality. Hence why you couldn't even give yourself a name, just a bunch of numbers.

If you don't like yourself and are scared that others judge you, you should be at least interested that there are others that are different from you. But because you are so resentful i would have to say that you already know you don't like yourself and attack anyone that is not like you because you cannot change.

good luck in life buddy, rest assured most of us are having a better time here than you.

Thank you Mr. Goose.

link   
should any father do otherwise? i mean aren't you suppose to be that way?

link   
ups wrong topic
edit on 19-6-2011 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Wow, I find it amazing how people can come into such a lighthearted topic and try to chop at the OP.... I feel sorry for people like that... Did you ever think that it is maybe better to improve your own self image, instead of trying to spew negative energy at other people?

edit on Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:16:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I guess he's not the real man he thought he was if I and a couple other posters can rattle him?
edit on 19-6-2011 by 0288796 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
should any father do otherwise? i mean aren't you suppose to be that way?

You mean wear makeup and polish outside and call other fathers out who don't do the same?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What exactly is the point of this thread? Congratulations to the OP of this thread for working so hard and raising a daughter by himself, but what has this got to do with anything? And what's with the thread title?

edit on 19/6/2011 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
So its father's day today and I have to work 18 hours. You do what you have to do to support your children. I try not to mince words and tend to speak my mind.

I'm a single father of a wonderfully bright 6 year old girl that I will give my life for if I need to. When shes here with me, I let her be a kid, something I don't see a lot of parents do any more. Like most little girls, she likes to dress up, the big gaudy jewellery, princess gowns etc. She also likes to play with make-up and nail polish. While I'm not to happy about the whole Disney indoctrination of girls, I am but one of two parents with limited time to instill in her the values that I hold dear.

From the age of four she has put make up on me, painted my nails, put horribly awful looking stuff in my hair with a true sense of glee. Its not uncommon for her to want to walk to the store to get a snack after this happens. Now, after two years I can honestly say I have never dreaded walking out the door like this, I don't care what people think of me one bit so I just roll with it. I do pay attention to the reactions of those around me though, and I find it very amusing. "Men" snicker and giggle like little school girls when I brandish my Tinkerbell wallet she gave me for fathers day 2 years ago. They look at me like I am out of my mind with 6 different colors of nail polish on. In fact I'm writing this because I made a post saying I got distracted while having my toenails painted to explain my forgetting to link to a site in an OP. The one reply was "I'm a man, that would never happen to me"

The women's reactions are exactly the opposite, they say how cute, how great of a dad I am that I would allow her to do these things and not worry about anyone else's actions. I have in fact scored a couple of dates!

So you think you are a real man, macho and ready to take on the world, but can you set all that aside for a precious little soul that you care and love?
edit on 19-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

bad father is bad...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong in expressing someones feelings over something so little on Father's day. The guy probably doesn't get cards from his family to remember him, and his kids probably don't care what he does for them. I don't think it''s stupid. He just wants to be remembered and this is the best way he knows how.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I had similar experience today for fathers day. When I woke up and opened the gifts my wife and 2 young kids got me ( 3&1 years ) amongst the gifts was a t shirt with Big Daddy inscribed on the front. Now I am not one to walk around proudly in public with a shirt like that, in fact I was a little self conscious about it, but because I love my kids and am a" goer " I wore it out for the whole day.

Just like the OP, from most men I got eye rolls and snickers, but from women, smiles and even comments of approval. I did find it odd that some men actually seemed to think I was taking this seriously. Like I really think I'm the big daddy, right out of cat on a hot tin roof, type of thing.

Over all I feel really good about the fact that I did wear it out and not just say thanks and toss it in the closet. I did it because I love my kids, and in the end a true test of love is being wiling to make an idiot of your self for the person you love !

Happy fathers day!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

In order for you to hit a nerve would require you to have some sort of power over me, and I hate to tell you this, that just isn't possible.

Yes, I did call you a troll, like all trolls you either read want you wanted read so that you could start thed insenuations in order to extract some emotional response or you have some deep seated emotional bagagge that you can't control and feel the end to bring others down with you.

Either way, you have failed.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper
reply to post by NuroSlam

I had similar experience today for fathers day. When I woke up and opened the gifts my wife and 2 young kids got me ( 3&1 years ) amongst the gifts was a t shirt with Big Daddy inscribed on the front. Now I am not one to walk around proudly in public with a shirt like that, in fact I was a little self conscious about it, but because I love my kids and am a" goer " I wore it out for the whole day.

Just like the OP, from most men I got eye rolls and snickers, but from women, smiles and even comments of approval. I did find it odd that some men actually seemed to think I was taking this seriously. Like I really think I'm the big daddy, right out of cat on a hot tin roof, type of thing.

Over all I feel really good about the fact that I did wear it out and not just say thanks and toss it in the closet. I did it because I love my kids, and in the end a true test of love is being wiling to make an idiot of your self for the person you love !

Happy fathers day!!

Now that's a beautiful post! You didn't insult anyone by labeling us "men" and challenging us to be "real men". That's the problem of the OP. He needs his ego stroked by bashing others who wouldn't cross dress.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join