It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by 0288796

Yes, that A-Rod. Pretty famous macho steroid abuser AND nail polish wearer...

CJ

Uhm...A-Rod isn't considered macho dude.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My girls would do this to their stepfather. He worked in a very macho job - cowboy on a beef station. When he went back to work after lunch, he attracted lots of comments (as he undid the bows out of his hair as he walked). His reply was "you obviously don't have kids or you'd have to do this too".

If you're secure enough, it doesn't really bother you. Its like going to the shops with a little boy in his super hero costume just because thats what he wants to wear that day. It all passes.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by NuroSlam

Happy Father's Day. I am in a very similar boat, lol.

Sounds like your a great father. Screw what other people think, because the relationship and bond you make with your daughter now, will last a lifetime.

Bonds are important...and I'm not knocking the father for spending some fun time with his girl, but like another member said, she'll get plenty of the hair and make up with friends later on, and at an age where it is more appropriate to spend your time doing it.

There are so many ways to bond with your little girl, and they are not little forever, so its important to make that bonding time rewarding....especially if you don't see the child often.

The op loves his daughter clearly ,and I don't think hes evil for playing with makeup , but I didn't like the way he tried to make himself sound like a real man, because he let his daughter do that to him, and then walked to the store with her, on more than one occasion ,according to his op.

I guess everyone has their opinion of what a "real" man is , and there are plenty of "real" good fathers out there who just wouldn't let their daughters walk them to the store with 8 colors of toenail polish, make up, and sparkles in their hair. Does not make them any less of a man, or any less of a good father.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So you made a whole thread because of one persons reply?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Her husband said, "Men don't like to wear nail polish". That is not true. A majority of them don't. I gave you a-rod (there's one man - proving the line false!) and you went attacking him. So what is it? Men don;t like to wear nail polish or some do? I only call a spade a spade - no judging here, just the facts, mam.

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Oh. Ok. I guess that means he doesn't wear nail polish? Are you alive in there? He wears nail polish - and I can guarentee he would outright flatten you - guarenteed - with his nails polished. Talk about a life changing event!

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

Her husband said, "Men don't like to wear nail polish". That is not true. A majority of them don't. I gave you a-rod (there's one man - proving the line false!) and you went attacking him. So what is it? Men don;t like to wear nail polish or some do? I only call a spade a spade - no judging here, just the facts, mam.

CJ

Did you refer to me as mam?

I'm a man and I don't wear nail polish so yes I can comfortably say men don't like to wear nail polish. I would never want any child to emulate A-Rod and would explain the reasons why.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

Yes, that A-Rod. Pretty famous macho steroid abuser AND nail polish wearer...

CJ

Interesting thing with all the talk here, still if I go down town any day of the week young men/ old men I don't see color on their nails and I don't see makeup on their faces...regular town USA. it is good for kids to learn all that will bring them the best sucess in life, in school and then in career, teaching them all the things society requires for the greatest sucess is a wonderful thing and we did that with our son and daughter.

Letting them know that it is ok to different is great and important, but if that difference prevents sucess in society which has basic gender and other expectations they will not suceed. Are they CEO material or will they work at wal-mart think high and then teach them to act, dress, talk what they want to be.

People are saying let your kid be themselves and be a kid. True...do that but be age appropriate and let them know there are limits and society expectaions...may not sound good, but true non the less, she cannot squat in the street and pee just because she would like too...as an example.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

Oh. Ok. I guess that means he doesn't wear nail polish? Are you alive in there? He wears nail polish - and I can guarentee he would outright flatten you - guarenteed - with his nails polished. Talk about a life changing event!

CJ

Are you sure he would flatten me? You sir, have NO idea who I am or what I have done in my life. I will most definitely take that bet. Please attempt anything in your power to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Do you follow your own posts?

1) A poster says "My husband told my girls men don't like to wear nail polish"
2) I wrote - "well, you are wrong about that" - I then gave an example that is ubiquitos because A-Rod is a name most people know - and he wears nail polish - FACT ie: SOME MEN DO LIKE IT
3) You write a nasty gram saying I will never be in a place to judge thaty lady's husband. Actually, I am right here and I just did (see#2) And again, very simple here - I AM RIGHT!
4) You then post two posts going after A-Rod???? Ah, did you know about 70% of all pro atheletes regardless of sports juice? Are you saying that this negates the fact some wear nail polish?
5) You never even entertained discussing the meat of the matter - why is anyone any better after suffering? What makes you special?

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

CJ

Let me set you straight on something fella. A-Rod is a baseball player. A professional baseball player. He is not a fighter, let alone a professional fighter. Now ask yourself this. How would A-Rod do against a professional Heavyweight fighter? he can't use a baseball bat. Just his polished fingers and toes. Give it some thought. Then.....ask yourself if it's possible that a professional heavyweight fighter might post on ATS.

Have your people contact my people.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

2) I wrote - "well, you are wrong about that" - I then gave an example that is ubiquitos because A-Rod is a name most people know - and he wears nail polish - FACT ie: SOME MEN DO LIKE IT
3) You write a nasty gram saying I will never be in a place to judge thaty lady's husband. Actually, I am right here and I just did (see#2) And again, very simple here - I AM RIGHT!
4) You then post two posts going after A-Rod???? Ah, did you know about 70% of all pro atheletes regardless of sports juice? Are you saying that this negates the fact some wear nail polish?
5) You never even entertained discussing the meat of the matter - why is anyone any better after suffering? What makes you special?

CJ

I guarantee I know more about professional athletes than you do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Ah, ok, "Larry! Get me A-Rod! Some guy posting on the internet claims he can beat up a professional athlete!"

This is too good - you have exposed yourself...You were upset with the OP because you, yes you sir, ARE A REAL MAN! You can fight, and mock those pretty boys, crossdressers, - you are what the OP was talking about and it all makes sense as to why you are the one so adamant about arguing it...man, psych 101 goes a long way...but then again real men don't read I suppose?

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

CJ

If you would have read my posts you would have seen I never said i was special or a real man or even a good father. But you must have missed those posts.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

Ah, ok, "Larry! Get me A-Rod! Some guy posting on the internet claims he can beat up a professional athlete!"

This is too good - you have exposed yourself...You were upset with the OP because you, yes you sir, ARE A REAL MAN! You can fight, and mock those pretty boys, crossdressers, - you are what the OP was talking about and it all makes sense as to why you are the one so adamant about arguing it...man, psych 101 goes a long way...but then again real men don't read I suppose?

CJ

You threw out the challenge and I accepted. Scared now troll?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

So, somehow all of the words on your screen make his nail polish go away? You are so obvious it is really sad. Go do some fighting, real man!

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Originally posted by Helious

What exactly was the point of this post again? To yell from a rooftop what a great father your are? To degrade or demean other fathers who don't live up to your standard?

By the title, "This is for you "men" out there". I would say thats exactly what you were aiming for and while It's fantastic your a good dad, I still have to ask what the point was again cause I missed it.

Sorry, don't mean to bring the thread down but the title is provocative and substance of the post seems in my opinion to just be horn blowing......

Would you be happier if the OP used MALE, instead of MEN?

I don't think he was intending to attack you masculinity. He just felt proud of what he did for his daughter and it happens to be fathers day.

I don't necessarily agree with his relationship with his daughter, but it obviously makes him happy.

You should find some happiness and you might find that chip on your should becomes less of a burden.

Seriously, what are you on about? Did I mention or suggest my masculinity was my issue with this post or the comments by the OP? The simple answer is no, I did not.

I simply stated the observation that this thread has very little substance other than to provoke emotion on a certain day without any real point or direction. That being said, the title of the thread did bother me, I don't understand one father of children trying to denounce other fathers of children by saying..... This is for all you "men" out there.

No need for such a provocative title when it invites you into a topic with 0 substance other than superficial horn blowing and conjecture. You say maybe I should find some happiness in my life? I should get rid of the chip on my shoulder?

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the English language and learn to understand human nature better, maybe then you could avoid making comments that fail you....... And, the rest of us.

link   
reply to post by 0288796

Too bad the real you finally creeped out, eh? All that posting and pretending...you are what the op was all about.

CJ

link   

reply to post by 0288796

So, somehow all of the words on your screen make his nail polish go away? You are so obvious it is really sad. Go do some fighting, real man!

CJ

Don't worry. I will.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Sounds like you are manning up to me? Every time you post now you show yourself! This is classic!

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join