It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Interest in The Priory of Sion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know, I know... I must be the only person in the world that hasn't read THE DAVINCI CODE. My question for the forum is this: do you think that this book alone has prompted all the recent interest in the Priory of Sion. It has been getting a lot of mainstream media attention lately. As for myself, I first learned about it 9 or 10 years ago, and was like, okay...and...
but anyway, I would be interested in your thoughts and info on any other works (fiction/nonfiction) that might be causing this surge of interest.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is a lot of reasons to doubt the existance of the "Priory of Zion". There is some guy in France who runs a web-site and claims to have debunked the story. I have not read his site completely (just havent had the time).
I do know that the actions of European Monarchs suggest that they believed that they were decended from god!
I think this may be the most important thing to remember sometimes it is not so important what IS TRUE so much as what people BELIEVE IS TRUE!
I will try and get the address for the Frenchmans site!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"I do know that the actions of European Monarchs suggest that they believed that they were decended from god!"

Yes, but you have to understand that the whole foundation of Monarchical / Noble government is that the Monach rule by divine right and the nobles derive their power from the monarch. That is not the same as believing that they are descended from God or Jesus Christ.

new topics

join