It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Father's Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just a quick note to acknowledge Father's Day...We all have at least one, right?

Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. ~ Red Buttons

Found this and wanted to share:

Fathers’ Advices Over the Years

Over the centuries fathers have given their children plenty of good advice; here are some examples which you find quite amusing.

Columbus’ Father: I don’t care what you’ve discovered, Christopher. You could have written.

Michelangelo’s Father: Mike, can’t you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?

Napoleon’s Father: All right, Napoleon. If you aren’t hiding your report card inside your jacket, then take your hand out of there and prove it.

Goldilock’s Father: I’ve got a bill here for a broken chair from the Bear family. Do you know anything about this Goldie?

Albert Einstein’s Father: But, Albert, it’s your senior picture. Can’t you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something…?

Thomas Edison’s Father: Of course, I’m proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!

Humpty Dumpty’s Father: Humpty, if I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a hundred times not to sit on that wall. But would you listen to me? No!

topoflists.com...

And the horror of all letters from your son:

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you. I've been finding real passion with Joan and she is so nice even with all her piercing, tattoos and her tight motorcycle clothes. But it's not only the passion dad, she's pregnant and Joan said that we will be very happy. Even though you don't care for her as she is so much older than I, she already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.

She wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. Joan taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with her friends for all the coc aine and ecstasy we want! In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Joan can get better; she sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Dad. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Your son,

Benjamin

P. S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbor's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home.

www.netglimse.com...

Today nearly 100 years have elapsed since the first father's Day was celebrated. Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages:

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English. Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses. Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success. Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived. Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons. Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle.

In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business. Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe. If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on throat cancer.

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school." Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for baseball practice."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table. Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at gymnastics, I'm at adult-Ed, Pizza in fridge."

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream. Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE..

edit on 18-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for this Jude! I just told my kids the outhouse story and they laughed it up!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing...pretty funny.

Cheers to the Dad's out there!!!!

join