It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happened to the yahoo people...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
what does everybody think happened to the yahoo people m@sterbl@ster and co, and if any of the mods have found any info on the yahoo group being shut down give us a shout..

The Blade Runner......

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
William (or any and all other mods/admins)

First of all, I have a great deal of respect for all mods/admins who run this board. I believe that the concept of ATS is a wonderful thing, to be able to freely share ideas and concepts, and debate endlessly various issues that are prevalent in society today.

However, in the latest happenings in the past 48 hours, I keep going over and over the latest events, and things just DONT ADD UP.

It is my particular nature to ask questions when things dont seem to add up. I have asked, both publicly and privately, questions that I felt were relevant to the current events.

I hate to say it, but the answers so far have been only half explainations, combined with a good share of tapdancing...

I would like to ask some very pointed and direct questions, and hopefully recieve pointed and direct answers...

First, did any mods or admins delete or ban the new yahoo refugees?

If so, why? Please specify what rule they broke, and explain why they did not recieve warnings, and also why all threads were deleted?

If not, to the best of your knowledge, did an outside agency delete them, without knowledge or consent of any admins?

If so, do you have any logs/IP addresses that would indicate who did so?

If neither of the above, did any outside agency contact any mods/admins and request or direct you to delete these individuals, or turn over any data relating to such activity?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good Question dragonrider.

Did they infact get banned?
William explained that the reason they had admin/mod status was because they were banned/deleted.

but I thought when you were banned it said banned under your name and all stars taken away?

Or
is this just the mods having fun at your expense?

Childish crap like this goes on all across the internet. Fun at the expense of others, oooh look at them squirm teeheeheee, they are so paranoid teeheeehee.

So M@sterBl@ster disappears and he is deleted/banned?

I wonder the reason then? I never saw him say anything offensive, no more offensive than that 15 yr old dtnlu_ocke

I guess as Agent Fox would say

The truth is out there
Posted by Lysgeric

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OK, anyone want to give an explaination why the previous thread has been locked?

Did I ask a rather uncomfortable question? I notice I have yet to receive any answers to any of those questions yet.

I am also wondering, if an outside agency did in fact contact any mods/admins, who would have the power to intimidate them into such actions.... I ask this because the evasiveness of thier actions are becoming more and more evident...

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Conspicuous by thier abscense----->> ANSWERS

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

The locked thread, still wondering why it was locked???

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
yeah, why is it locked?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How about this as a possibility...

The oil industry, arguably the largest part of the world economy, for the last 50 years has used the dollar as an oil standard currency (as it has been for most all other international industries).

In recent years, the founding of the European Union, and the adoption of the euro as a standard currency is giving many countries an alternative as a currency standard to the US dollar.

Consider:

The three largest oil producing nations :Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Venezuela (in that order)

Saudi Arabia is still using the dollar standard, although there are grumblings within to change to the Euro.

Venezuela, whose president is ardently pro American, is in the grips of political turmoil, as that countries cabinet is dead set on going to the Euro standard. The massive upheavals in that country may well be diversionary tactics (a la the CIA) to gain leverage to keep the president intact, and to keep the dollar standard.

Iraq, second largest oil producer in the world, has openly stated that they are interested in going to the Euro as an oil standard, with Iran close behind.

This would severely upset American economic dominance in the world oil market.

We are at war with Iraq, and have made it clear that we may well take on Iran as well. North Korea poses a MUCH more serious military threat, however Iraq poses a very serious economic threat.

Who are we at war with?

As for Saudi Arabia, I have long said we will end up there sooner or later... just depends on when and how they vote to use the dollar or euro....

That would likely lend credence to our recently former yahoo refugees... and would by extension explain the very strange actions of our mods/admins...

Comments please

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ya know... we have lives!

Really, I can understand how these events might be confusing, and even stressful for those who lean toward thoughts of deep conspiracies. But please, any number of things could explain our Yahoo friends:

1- Real conspiracists who are running from the man
2- Hackers who are running from the law
3- Combination of 1+2
4- Oddballs playing games
5- Combinations of 2+4
6- Long-time ATS hackers playing games
7- Counter-conspiracists trying to stir the pot and get the reactions you're giving
8- Owners of a rival site trying to cause concern over ATS
9- Yahoo has laid off lots of people, their services are now poor, the group was lost due to inept staff
10- Homeland Security really is devoting time, people, energy, budget, planning, and attention to the thousands of online discussion forums in an effort to control thought and discussion online

Did I miss anything?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
William, I vote for the 10th point.

" They are here ".......brrrrrrrrrr......

arc

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I vote for 11

the yahoo people got their site taken down because of hacking probably. They come here and promote a load of false info to freak various members out. The mods are full of the joys of spring and playing a big april fools joke on us all....

alternatively the yahoo group are right, the mods are acting very suspiciously. TC has been mind controlled by an alien and posting weird stuff, and William is being watched and having to be careful what he posts....

all I'm noticing really is a lot of very disjointed threads that seem to have posts missing out of them, posts under the wrong members names and lots of panic.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Arc brings up a good point, does anyone else notice how close the date is to April 1st? Maybe this is one big april fools days joke that will culminate on April Fools day. Guess we'll just have to wait.

XAOS

arc

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have noticed however that many of the mods cannot give a straight answer to a straight question. Is this an american trait? I have noticed so many times on television when watching americans being interviewed that they will reply with many long words and still dodge a basic answer.

Perhaps I should start a yes/no questionaire of member's concerns about the current ATS situation and see if any clarity is provided....

somehow I doubt it, but then both my serotonin levels and my cynical streak are at a max following an afternoon of roaming the hills damp, grubby and barefoot owing to a slight error of judgement involving a brook.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
I vote for 11

The mods are full of the joys of spring and playing a big april fools joke on us all....

Good work arc!

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
4- Oddballs playing games Posted by William

Hmmm, would this perhaps describe the mods/admins of ATS???

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   

somehow I doubt it, but then both my serotonin levels and my cynical streak are at a max following an afternoon of roaming the hills damp, grubby and barefoot owing to a slight error of judgement involving a brook.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... I could have sooo much fun with you. Lemme ask my wife first if it's ok ...

Damn, she said no

Why'd I get married? Oh ... sorry ... got carried away there, might happen again, but I'll try to control it next time. No promise's though, was never good at keeping those ...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'll have the Chicken...

arc

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
hahahahahahahha

you're 23 aren't you e-non?

what is it about me and 23 year olds?

top topics

join