It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Rick Perry Please Stand Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
IMO, Rick Perry is no doubt getting ready to make his Presidential run. I say that because of his willingness to add an illegal immigration bill to the Texas Special Session.

Perry adds immigration issue

Here is Perry criticizing Arizona's anti-immigration bill in 2010. Of course, one should remember he was running for re-election that year.

"I fully recognize and support a state's right and obligation to protect its citizens, but I have concerns with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas," Perry said in a written statement.

"For example, some aspects of the law turn law enforcement officers into immigration officials by requiring them to determine immigration status during any lawful contact with a suspected alien, taking them away from their existing law enforcement duties, which are critical to keeping citizens safe."

Here is Perry when he added the agenda to the special session. This time he is pandering to his political base.

“Texas owes it to the brave law enforcement officials, who put their lives on the line every day to protect our families and communities, to give them the discretion they need to adequately do their jobs,” Perry said in placing the issue on the agenda. The bill is designed to prevent policies that effectively allow cities to become “sanctuaries for illegal immigrants,” he has said.

www.thenews.com.mx...

This thread isn't about illegal immigration.

It is to show that Perry tries to play both side of the fields. Why is that Perry believes Texas owes it to their law enforcement but Arizona doesn't?

The next President of the US? I hope not.

Tired of politicians who try to have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Celebrity politicians like Perry will be the norm for the GOP this election season, because they all know that the GOP doesnt want to win. So all these celebrity apprentices use the spotlight to further their own celebrity. Look for a best seller from Perry in the future.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
As a Texan, I sure hope you are wrong....Rick Perry is hated here. We can't stand him for a reason...Now, just think back to the last time you voted in a governor from Texas? Only tentimes worse.

Scary. Truly.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Also a Texan, and I truly despise this creature. Were he to run, so would I... For the hills.. Why Texas as a whole falls for these types of political leaders is beyond me. It wouldn't matter if everybody voted, it seems that they are all the same person. Hopefully someday the nutjobs will relinquish their hold on this fantastic state. I'm not refering to republicans either, just general nutjobs.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Good. Any politician is bad, He is the crap from the hoof of the pig that just got slaughtered.

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Why Texas as a whole falls for these types of political leaders is beyond me. .

I think the it must be the hair........... and the jesus hates smart people thing.
edit on 19-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Make that 3 Texans in this thread that dislike Perry. Personally, I hope he runs, because he will lose and hopefully lose his position of Governor in the process.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Make that 4...

Just one of many reasons I don't like Perry.

Trans-Texas Corridor

new topics

top topics

join