It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimirs Lenin's body caught moving Survelliance camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The footage appears to show the corpse of Vladimir Lenin move as he lies in his casket in a Moscow mausoleum. This is the best and only footage I have found. The date says the footage is from 2009 however I cannot find any previous mention or video anywhere. It appears the video has only just surfaced. The quality is poor which is odd for one of the most guarded places in Moscow, so it's Validity could be questioned in that aspect.

If the footage is genuine, then there is nothing I can think of too explain it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why did this thread disappear before?
Anyway, the quality is poor, yes.
Still, interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Lack of description, I've added that in so hopefully the topic wont be deleted again.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wasn't sure what I was looking until
I found this image...
had never seen the place before....

now that I have a better perspective...
it looks like he is trying to sit up...
or doing crunches

at bottom of this link more photos
Lenin's Mummy

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why is he still shown when Communism doesn't exist anymore. Why not just dig up a grave and put him in it as it should have been done long time ago or is the government trying to bring back communism.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My question is if it is real then how and why did it move? If it is fake then why make the fake? Could it be just a trick of the light from such a poor video. And why is the video so poor?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Interesting video for sure, but what is with the quality? If it is from 2009 you would think the quality would be better even if it was from a security camera (guessing). Also, what is with the light changes during the video. Any ideas on what would cause such a thing?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My best guess would be a security guard having a lil fun with the old communist dictator...
He's the one that probably released the tape.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to ruin your fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Supposedly the head and hands are now made of wax. They started to deteriorate a long, long time ago and the Soviets had them replaced for viewing purposes. I believe the body is still real, though. (Couldn't tell you what they did with the other parts.)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

The light changes look a lot like the light changes you get from a time laps video taken over 4 or 5 days. The poor quality is what bugs me. We have better video of the moon landings (fake or real not the point) from 1969 and this is 2011. Due to the poor quality alone I am going to have to call this fake. I feel that the Russians have a lot better cameras than that even at the local Russian mini mart.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm not buying anything supernatural on the meager evidence, but there is something amusingly bizarre about it being Lenin.

Was worth the price of admission.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Whatever you've got here it is pretty fun. If it's the real tomb then you've got old man Lenin popping up a little bit there. Then he's had enough, and settles back in. So it goes.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My first instinct goes like this:

The family of Lenin's embalmers states that the corpse is real and requires daily work to moisturise the features and inject preservatives under the clothes. Lenin's sarcophagus is kept at a temperature of 16 °C (61 °F) and kept at a humidity of 80 - 90 percent. The chemical used was referred to by the caretakers as "balsam", which was glycerine and potassium acetate. Every eighteen months the corpse is removed and undergoes a special chemical bath. The chemicals were unknown until after the fall of the Soviet Union, kept secret by authorities. The bath consists of placing the corpse in a glass bath with potassium acetate, alcohol, glycerol, distilled water, and as a disinfectant, quinine. This was the process used for all subsequent treatments of Lenin's body and continues to be used even now.[1]

Take notice of the lighting. It goes from bright to dark cyclically.This appears to be timelapse footage. The bright to dark is simply the transition from day to night. From this, can can extrapolate a little info. The video starts during the day (bright) and cycles through three days...in 14 seconds of video. This means that every second of video is a representation of roughly 5 hours. The movement appears to last roughly a second and a half. Meaning we are watching movement that happened very slowly over 7.5 hours, roughly.

This footage looks like video and it is likely the keepers of the body knew the timelapse camera is there.

Visitors are required to show respect while in the tomb; photography and videotaping inside the mausoleum are forbidden, as are talking, smoking, keeping hands in pockets, or wearing hats (if male). The mausoleum is still heavily guarded, although the Changing of the Guard has been moved to the Eternal Flame by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

It is likely that this video camera is either for security or for perhaps monitoring for the keepers of the body. Perhaps movement like this is sign to the keepers to enbalm again or a warning of temperature/humidity control failure.. The skin maybe dehydrating and perhaps shrinking causing the body to hinge inward slightly, due to a failure in the environmental controls inside the chamber. Perhaps this is the moisturizing process happening at night, under the clothes with tubes we cannot see.

Just a thought...
edit on 18-6-2011 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
if its actualy lenins body than there seems no way that could be hoaxed. because no one can break into his tomb to do this

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I do not believe the video is a time-lapse, the camera clock progresses normally. As for the flickering, that's normal for poor quality CCTV. Why's the camera so poor though? Anyone's guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Looks to me a trick of light or time lapse camera or something.with the quality so bad it's hard to tell if it's the body moving legit or a security guard having a little fun,although i doubt the latter.
interesting but IMO it's time lapse over a few days or so.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Why's the camera so poor though? Anyone's guess.

The answer is simple: It's much easier to trick people into believing this is real with a poor quality video. You don't even have to go to any extreme lengths to make it look any good as well.. just make the quality poor and you immediately will have believers upon seeing the slightest movement.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Probably a cleaning crew needed to lift his torso in order to remove some worms.......dust maybe.

I mean there will be days that this guys new home need a sturdy cleaning.

3rd..line

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The title of this thread is hilarious.

I had this metal picture of Lenin's corpse moving a camera !!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've seen Lenin's body and believe me..there's no lollygagging inside the tomb. Armed soldiers move you along quickly...as if they don't want you to look too closely. As far as terrible surveillance footage...been to Russia four times starting in the 1990's and was shocked how far behind they were in all aspects of western society. I felt as if I was transformed to 1950's America. The larger cities now have trendy western shops, restaurants and hotels that cater to the mafioso which an average Russian could never afford. Been ten years since my last trip but I highly doubt the average folks are living much better and that anything run by the government is using modern technology. Hence shoddy surveillance if it is in fact real. As one poster said, most people are convinced something is real if it is crappy quality video.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join