It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama impersonator crosses the line at RLC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Obama impersonator crosses the line at RLC

www.politico.com

NEW ORLEANS – A comedian impersonating President Obama made racially tinged jokes Saturday at the Republican Leadership Conference before being pulled off the stage by an event organizer.

The Obama impersonator, Reggie Brown, said that while the First Lady celebrated all of Black History Month, the bi-racial president only celebrated half the month.

Brown also said: "My mother loved a black man, and she was not a Kardashian."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Smooth. Why on earth anyone would have a comedian at a political rally when the potential for this kind of thing exists is beyond me. The organizers should get the kibosh.

Now he also mocked Mormans and others, so it was an equal opportunity deal, but this kind of divisive comedy has no place in the political discourse. Certainly not at a formal event.

The jokes are not funny to boot. Get David Chapelle if you are looking for that kind of humor - at least it will be funny.

After the noise this will create it will mean nothing. There are about 100 black folks out there who won't vote for Obama, but that is a different thread all together. This business will likely gain the votes.

The issue is not the humor, its the incompetence.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Who cares? Is it really World Changing? No, it's comedy. Funny for some and not funny for others.

Apparently nothing is funny anymore unless it's censored and voted upon as being suitable vanilla humor.

But then again, I don't think Obama has a sense of humor anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
this is where i condemn that guy just like i would for leftist comedians.

gotta be fair and balanced.

get obama on policy is right american burning to the ground is nothing to joke about

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I hope the only reason this is a big deal is because it was at a formal political rally, because some people find that content funny. There are too many prudish people, in general, who are quick to squash anything they don't find agreeable...and they find just about NOTHING agreeable. I cannot stand that type of person, because they are usually compensating for something, such as their lack of happiness, etc.

I didn't read the entire article though. I just read the snippet that was posted. I assumed those were the two worst "jokes" that were told, so I based my opinion on that, and not anything else in the article...I will probably stand by what I've said regardless, unless there was a terribly distasteful joke...I dunno, aren't all the people at this event grown? Why complain about this type of thing? I would tell the people that would snip and moan about something like this if they were there, to get over it because it's no big deal. He will be off the stage shortly.

Are these people too shaky with their beliefs that they are afraid of being exposed to anything they disagree with? Afraid it might rub off or something?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's hilarious how they are trying to paint this comedian as a racist,
they neglect to mention that

HE IS BLACK!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
But was it a roast?
From what I understand, at a roast, the "target" is present onstage. The point of it is to get the target to join with others in laughing at himself, and the event can be very funny.

So this wasn't really a roast.

So was it coarse and adolescent? I think so. And apparently I'm not alone, as the "adults" in charge eventually yanked him from the stage before he could make another coarse and adolescent joke (this one would have targeted Michelle Bachmann).

That all said, my real beef with this story is this: Why would a group of social conservatives (I'm referring to the Republican leadership [Ha! Ha! I just made myself laugh by referring to the GOP leadership as socially conservative!]) -- I'll start again: Why would a group of "putative" social conservatives hire a vulgar punk to entertain them?

What is wrong with the GOP "leadership"? Is this their idea of being relevant and hip?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunghwa
Why would a group of "putative" social conservatives hire a vulgar punk to entertain them?

What is wrong with the GOP "leadership"? Is this their idea of being relevant and hip?

I see this guy on Huckabee's show on Fox now and then doing mock debates with real politicians. They give him scripted answers using answers Obama has actually given before (like the ATM excuse
) and then they let the real politician debate him on it.
He's actually hardly ever funny and I don't think he even looks like Obama that much.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
But then again, I don't think Obama has a sense of humor anyway.

Have you not seen some of his legislative ideas? His budget? His thought process on the place of the US in world affairs?

Those areas alone proves he has a sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe what the ruckus is about is Sarah Palin wasn't mentioned!

Seriously, how can we allow the likes of Bill Maher and Jon Stewart to trash conservatives while ridiculing someone who attacks both parties. I'm conservative and I didn't find anything offensive in what Reggie Brown said. The comment about Mormons? Even Mormons joke about polygamy.

The economy is not good and to have a bad attitude about everything will not fix it. A little humor without the nasty remarks that constantly come from the left may be healthy once in a while.

Take a break, laugh and then get back to work on serious issues.

If we, as a nation, were to become a nation where everyone is offended at everything anyone does, then we'll have lost our humanity.

Oh...and BTW, I like Sarah Palin. She's a 'normal' human-being. Everyone wants to judge her by what she says and does. I can say that she's smarter than at least 53% of Americans.

new topics

top topics

join