It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Nuclear Power, guy who lives in Omaha make video on June 16, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This video is not on ATS so I post in new thread maybe someone can see some new interesting end helpful information ..

Here is good thread for some info ..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace ..
edit on 18-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
other than on here (very little) I have heard NOTHING about this. I watch (CNN, FOX, HLN, LOCAL-etc.)

What does it mean if they get completely flooded? Does it turn into a Fukushima? I live in in s. illinois so it would most likely travel over or around this area..The media is a complete joke for not warning us..even the gov. of Nebraska says everything A-okay..is it being blown outta proportion or are we in for a rough ride??? Who to believe...who to believe.....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Awesome Video! I am going to put a link from my threads about Obama's news black out about the plants and also the statements by OPPD to yours! This is proof of what I was saying before, but pictures are worth thousands of words! Thank YOU Thank You !! I hate the lies and the effect on people because of them! Be Safe

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

they have been damaging the ecosystem for decades. Dumping nuke biproducts into the rivers. Not likely fukushima status though.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

According to Reuters there is not any damage and there wont be even if the flood waters raise higher than expected. *shrugs*

Reuters

According to the NRC's Burnell, the added flood barriers will protect the plant even if the river rises beyond where it is currently projected to go. Within that flood barrier, the plant has taken steps to provide additional protection for emergency diesel generators, Burnell said.

Oh and I just found this from USA Today.

USA Today

OMAHA, Neb. — Federal regulators say the utilities running both of Nebraska's nuclear power plants have taken the steps needed to protect them from flooding from the Missouri River.

edit on 18-6-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: Add more sources

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Hmm, thanks for the video, but you should of posted it in the thread that you linked too..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I believe that the truth is coming to Light, in light of Japan's events; that our Technology is based on 1950's designs and is not safe for humans or the environment!

I believe that this is why Interstate sales of Whole Milk has become illegal because the first to become irradiated are the cows and it is carried through the milk. They thought they could control it. They even went after the Amish over whole Milk and tried to say they were protecting us!

Since Japan's event, the world became watchful and their fear that we would demand to know why there are Isotopes floating across our dinner tables has backed the "idiots that be" into opening the flood gates and "cause" the problem in an effort to cover this major conspiracy! We have been irradiated all along and we just didn't know it yet!

So they think we will think this is/was Nature? We already figured out it couldn't be because of Japan even though they showed us the "simulations"!

This attempt will fail because they "opened" this can of worms themselves, as we all know anything under Obama will backfire! They fear the loss of Money and Power and they didn't know what to do! Such a sad sad pitiful World of Men and their needs; to weigh their gold against a Soul! I don't think they can even fathom the reality of what they have done!

Now it will get worse!

What a Beautiful Summer's day it was in Omaha!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im really wondering why this hasn't been talked about by any news media. With every thing that has happened in japan, there should be a lot of jumpy people just looking for any flaws in out own infrastructure just to point it out. i live in Kansas and have not here any thing about flooding in Nebraska or rising water around a nuclear power plant.

i guess its the governments way of population control, and to make some money treating radiation sickness.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Maybe you are right ..

In first place I think post put on that tread, but in other way this is very big end need to have more attention ..

People must know a truth how this is dangers, they have right to know all risk end current situations

We make governments, they must work for us not opposite ..

Germany is on real way I hope all other governments follow that steps ..

Germany: Nuclear power plants to close by 2022

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I live in Nebraska and we heard about the so called incident. Nothing to see here. The cooling system went down for a matter of seconds. It would take hours of being down to even become a problem. I bet its another conspiracy site in Russia digging into something halfway around the world and blowing it up much like what happens here.

The doughnut shape pool was purposely put in for this reason several years ago and is doing exactly what it is designed to do. It looks much worse than it is because people are not used to the design and its purposes. lets look at something for just a minute mmkay. Omaha sits on one of the worlds largest aquifers known as the Ogallala Aquifer (hyperlink). This aquifer is up to 35 feet below normal levels. In other words if the Missouri river overflows more than THEY want it to, the first thing they will do is open the currently 1/2 closed flood gates in order to control the flooding down South that is much worse. If They feel that releasing the water will be too much, they will simply open the aquifer to flood, causing the water to flow to Lincoln, which just spent and completed a $27M aqueduct system designed to reroute flood waters to the Platte river to maintain low aquifer levels in case of a REAL emergency. Hold on I'll go take some pics for you BBIAS.

Here is the aqueduct from a bridge....

The flow way is 3 feet deep and 5 feet wide so you can see it isn't even close to those little limits. In fact it actually dropped about 6 inches as you can see by the brown color right above the water.

This is the walking and sitting area. The circle of concrete you can see is a direct overflow of the aquifer. If the Aquifer rises only 10 feet, it comes up through here and is on its way to the Platte River.

The Power Plant is not in danger.
edit on 18-6-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Kudos to the guy who took the video, although he does seem sort of paranoid. The plant isn't in any danger right now, and is not expected to be in this event. The generators are well above the projected peak water level, and the plant is protected by several earth berms.

Fukushima was a very different situation, and anyone attributing this event to that is simply fear-mongering.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I saved the video, in case it were to be removed from YouTube.
As is too often the case.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAwareSC

Good idea. As for the video he does seem paranoid, what surprises me is this is a military base right? Ft Calhoun? I was under the impression that Nuclear sites were heavily guarded, however this guy strolls in and gets that close but has no security confront him? One guy, by himself, in what is supposed to be a stressful and hidden situation, yet he manages to make it back and post this video. It almost speaks of, "hey we have this" more than let's try and hide the situation.

Star and Flag though, thanks for the video.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3449cef42bb.png[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join