It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Team will monitor elections

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Will they be monitoring the polls in places like Wisconsin where Democrats were passing out cigarettes to the prospective voters in 2000?

These people have absolutely no authority, just a desire to make themselves look like a legitimate organizaton. We have no need for them here.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
lgf SAYS they're coming at Bushe's invitation????

Now, there's a joke!

You're kidding, right? Because it would appear that he did.

The Bush administration has invited a team of international monitors to observe the U.S. presidential election in November, but the group will not come from the United Nations, as some congressional Democrats had urged.

Times

CNN

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wonderful... there goes another piece of our sovereignty... How much do you wanna bet that every U.S. national election from now on are 'monitored' by foreign organizations?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
hi all,

The US elections need to be monitored by ppl from other nations so that there is no foul play by the contenders and that the elections prove to be legitimate. To the Americans who say "they are stealing our sovereignty!" and "they should butt out!" I say this, don't you understand that the 2004 elections affect the world?? not just your nation?? The United States is the most powerful nation on the planet and have an absurd amount of political power on the international scene, and it has been shown many times it has the power to "intervene" into other nations affairs with not only elections monitoring, but with nuclear, biological and chemical weapons monitoring and dropping bombs on the innocents of other nations for their own personal interests.

Everyone knows on this board about the foul play that went on in the 2000 election. Who can call that a democratic election?? With the republicans and their buddies denying citizens the right to vote and the Democrats blaming Ralph Nader for actually giving the US people a real different choice as the reason they lost instead of the Bush Campaigns illegitimate play.

The fact that the Bush Administration was allowed to get power after the undemocratic things they did to get there is exactly the reason that the Americans cannot be trusted to watch their own elections. You still have an illegitimate regime ruling over your country for the interests of the rich and the corporations for christs sake.

deny ignorance, citizens of the most powerful nation on earth, you have a responsibility to us all and not just yourself to ensure that who runs your government is just and fair,

drfunk

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well this is the stupidest thing i have heard in a very very long time. This is one of teh absolute worst thigns we can do. We are givin up our soverienty this is one of the most important things in the world community. We cannot be liek teh swiss where the UN overrules their domestic constitution. IT is a slippery slope.

but really if they do find fraud they cant do anything jsut report it. Not like they can tell us who one because they are foriegn.But if somehow the US is snaked into doin this i would be soooo pissed.

THIS THREAD MAKES QUICKY=

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
hi all,
The United States is the most powerful nation on the planet and have an absurd amount of political power on the international scene,

That's why we can say butt out.

Everyone knows on this board about the foul play that went on in the 2000 election. Who can call that a democratic election??

We can. Butt out.

The fact that the Bush Administration was allowed to get power after the undemocratic things they did to get there is exactly the reason that the Americans cannot be trusted to watch their own elections.

And we're gonna trust you? Butt out.

deny ignorance, citizens of the most powerful nation on earth, you have a responsibility to us all

No we don't. Shine my shoes, then butt out.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
so what will the u.n. 'monitors' do if something 'funny' happens during the election?? call for a recount..do the recount themselves..invade the u.s.???? will the u.n. now monitor every presidential election???? why stop there..why not monitor congressional elections ect??? i'm sure the u.n. will be impartial..............will the u.n. be given some type of 'power' over u.s. law???? why not send u.n. 'troops' to help protect AMERICA..........it opens a whole new can of worms............

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
And Americans wonder why so many ppl hate the US?
perhaps is because they wont get off their high horse and do what the world wants and not just for their own gain?

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I�m sorry if were pissed because an antiamerican and a corrupt organization is coming to see what we are doing and affecting our elections.
If we have problems with OUR election then its OUR problem and its up to US to solve it. We don't need some foreign country coming in monitoring our elections! Would France or Germany liked it if the US monitored their elections and scrutinized their votes?
All of those congressman who wanted this monitoring should be tried as traitors and be publicly executed for what they did!
Just because the world doesn't like the way we do elections they have no right to tell us what to do!

[edit on 10-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Posted Sunday, UN sending in order to monitor US elections this year.

I DO believe we're now saved!!!!! www.drudgereport.com

All we ask is for a fair election process, that's all.

Sorry to inform you but dont be a DORK bro............

Open you eyes please, and look at who the UN assigns the "International Team "as ??????????

Do you think we'll be surprised if was people representing whihc countries or have ties or shares, or contracts etc, with what types of industries,, groups, hello what the F$#k up tempe please bro, this is our entry level to stopping the world to be another freeking Roman totalitarian security run world you Dork, cause thats where there heading, writing is on the Door, walls street signs, eveery F%$king where bro......

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This is the worst thing that could happen since when do we allow far left European rats to come in our country and meddle in our affairs!
I am all for monitoring elections but it should have been a bipartisan commission like the 911 one, and not corrupted anti Bush haters form Europe.

Far left European rats?

Bush haters corrupt?

You just go join the army, fast!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
We have no need for them here.

Sorry we forgot you guys practically invented democracy.
Don't need 'em here...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Why is everyone up in arms about this? Who really cares? I mean we send monitors to other countries. Why not let them look at ours? No big deal, after all they are as honest as they can be. So, if they view how ours work first hand, it can help with monitoring other countries.

Anyway, this is no big deal, unless someone is hiding something. We should be proud of our election and election process and be a part of the world and let them come.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I�m sorry if were pissed because an antiamerican and a corrupt organization is coming to see what we are doing and affecting our elections. :............
Just because the world doesn't like the way we do elections they have no right to tell us what to do!

Ummmm. don`t we do this to other countries?

Should be just butt out of the rest of the world? Should we monitor Iraq and Afghanistan elections?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
Why is everyone up in arms about this? Who really cares? I mean we send monitors to other countries. Why not let them look at ours? No big deal, after all they are as honest as they can be.

You're right, who cares?
As if a monitoring team is going to be allowed to get in the way of "the agenda".
They are there to make it look like someone cares, you know especially after the accusations of.. ahem.. cheating!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Your quote comes from a re-written article. On original, the article did not say that Bush invited anybody here!!!!!

WHY WOULD HE INVITE PEOPLE TO MAKE SURE HE'S HONEST?

Re-written by Republicans obviously. ANYTHING TO make it look like Duhya has nothing to hide- its sickening.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Why is everyone up in arms about this? Who really cares? I mean we send monitors to other countries. Why not let them look at ours? No big deal, after all they are as honest as they can be. So, if they view how ours work first hand, it can help with monitoring other countries.

Anyway, this is no big deal, unless someone is hiding something. We should be proud of our election and election process and be a part of the world and let them come.

exactly. thank you for bringing some sense to this sad, sad thread.

i can't understand what all the fear and misunderstanding is about. this is a normal thing. we monitor elections in many countries around the world. virtually every other country monitors ours in some form unofficially.

my guess is a few people don't know what the word monitoring means and a few just like to hate anything implicative of a world outside america.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Your quote comes from a re-written article. On original, the article did not say that Bush invited anybody here!!!!!

Sigh...Well then it should be extremely easy for you to post this rather damning "original" article?

Whatever your source you may want to reread it. I think you'll be surprised to find that Colin Powell went to the President and asked him to allow OSCE to monitor the elections. The President agreed, so Powell contacted OSCE and invited them.

And if you had been following this from the very beginning you would know that the UN made it perfectly clear that they would not monitor US elections without permission from the current administration.

But hey if you have something to the contrary - by all means post it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I�m sorry if were pissed because an antiamerican and a corrupt organization is coming to see what we are doing and affecting our elections. :............

Ummmm. don`t we do this to other countries?

Should be just butt out of the rest of the world? Should we monitor Iraq and Afghanistan elections?

HOwdy JC i think you are gravely mistaken by this issue. Yes we do monitor other countries elections like Iraq and Afganistan and alot of African countries you know why right. Because the opposing parties intimidate teh people who wont vote for them. Well you may argue that is goin on in america (which is untrue but i now some will take that position) but i dotn see death squads goin to peoples houses in the suburbs and telling them to vote one way or George W. Bush threatenin people by takin away there food or rapin their wife.

These are our elections that we started Hundreds of years ago. Yes we did practically invent the modern form of democracy not sayin we have done it perfect all the time but i thik we have been doin it better then any other country in the world.

This is giving the UN to much impied power if we were to let them do it. It is giving away our countries freedoms which i for 1 value dearly. The UN is too heavy handed when it recieves power. And anyone that would let one ounce of our soverienty go is stupid.

But really what is teh UN goin to do attack us. LOL with what army...nope they will sanction us lol. (had to pul the chappell joke out seemed appropriate)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Shucks,we might aswell let them folks check us out ,couldnt hurt none couldit yall?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join