It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Team will monitor elections

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Posted Sunday, UN sending in order to monitor US elections this year.

I DO believe we're now saved!!!!! www.drudgereport.com

All we ask is for a fair election process, that's all.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Arrest them on site when entering our country and deport them. Then kick the diplomats out of the U.N. buildings and deport them. Well not that harsh but I don't agree with this. You Global Elitists may have won a battle, but we will win the War!

[edit on 8-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Great, Just Great,
Kerry says many foreign leaders want him to be elected. And now we get the crooked UN to help in our election process (Oil for food scandal anyone). Im sure these officials will be neutral. ha.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why can't we get Jimmy Carter? He goes to third world countries to monitor elections, he should help out at home!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
First off....this doesn't belong in predictions.
Secondly...the UN/Koffi Annan turned down the request....
Here is what the UN/Koffi said:

The U.N. immediately responded that such a request could not be accepted unless it came from the U.S. government. Otherwise, a spokesman said, it could be considered"intervention in a country's sovereignty."

Bush invites foreigners to monitor U.S. election
Thirdly, it will be the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe who will monitor the US elections....

Lastly, this has the potential to backfire on those wishing to see such 'monitoring'...........

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This appears to be a done deal. What a shame it had to come to this!
Mr. Bush, I TOLD YOU SO

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Done deal?
Refering to what as a "done deal"?
The UN monitoring the elections or the group I mentioned above monitoring the elections?
As to the "I told you so" comment....I think you need to go back and re-read the articles on this topic and you'll discover that it doesn't matter one feck to Bush....seems the Dem's are pulling out all the stops to regain the White House come next year...

seekerof

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OSCE will be sending preliminary group of people in September. What a shame

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You better read the entire post. I can read English, thank you.

Who cares what this is under, anyway. I wanted to post it fast.
Sue me.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd like to apologize for posting this under "Predictions".

Mia Culpa. I'm sorry. Cant undo it. Sorry again

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe"

Who?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The U.N. immediately responded that such a request could not be accepted unless it came from the U.S. government. Otherwise, a spokesman said, it could be considered"intervention in a country's sovereignty."

So monitering an election is intervening in a countrie soveriegnty...

but invading them and ousting their leader isnt?

he Us cannot complain about intefering in a countries politics coz they are the numero uno perpetrator if this crime.

I say welcome the observers coz its obviously concerning the republicans more than the Dems so its obvious the Republicans are plotting some scam again.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is the worst thing that could happen since when do we allow far left European rats to come in our country and meddle in our affairs!
I am all for monitoring elections but it should have been a bipartisan commission like the 911 one, and not corrupted anti Bush haters form Europe.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
How does it feel, Mr. Bush?

We can dish it out but we cant take it. Next time, look before you leap, Mr. President.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I dont think a bipartisan comission would do in this case. They dont DARE say anything against our president directly so they just couldnt supervise the elections.
I think this is real embarrasing, that this is happening in this great country of ours.
However, this will keep the votes (hopefully) from being stolen, and it will keep people like me satisfied.
It is a shame, though- the first time in the presidency of the US that we need a babysitter. Incredible

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This is the worst thing that could happen since when do we allow far left European rats to come in our country and meddle in our affairs!
I am all for monitoring elections but it should have been a bipartisan commission like the 911 one, and not corrupted anti Bush haters form Europe.

EXACTLY! People here, and elsewhere, are saying ... oh good. No one can cheat. No one will be disenfranchised. No one will steal an election. No one can whine. WRONG. We are handing our soverign elections over to foreign powers who HATE AMERICA. Republicans, Democrats, Indepenents, Greens, Libertarians, whatever ... everyone should be upset with this. America doesn't need foreign babysitters. This is a very bad thing. I'd say it if Hillary was President, I say it with G.W. as president, I'd say it if Nader were president. Doesn't matter who is president, this is bad for our country. BAD BAD BAD.

The foreign powers that hate America now have power over us. They can claim false hoods against any party they don't like. They can say things that aren't true and people will believe them. This is VERY bad.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The foreign delegation has been to many troubled spots in the world to ensure elections are fair, but I dont think i've ever heard the outcome of a "fair" election changed just because they were there.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So this is actually happening then? I thought it was a joke. Interesting.
I have to admit I've never heard of that organisation but check the members list; it's 55 countries, they're not all European........and the US is one of them:

www.osce.org...

Westpoint and FlyersFan, you both sound exactly like those 'Iraqi insurgents' decrying the US installed government. Funny that.....

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
LOL! The nutcases at Free Republic were really frothing at the mouth about this yesterday. I read the thread, and there were many death threats against the election monitors. Here is a link to the thread.

www.freerepublic.com...

Like I said, the thread was there yesterday. Now it has been pulled and is under review. Apparently, even the moderators at Free Republic realize you cannot make death threats on the internet.

Like some of the posters in this thread, the Freepers thought it was the United Nations who would monitor the elections. Some of the posts had a picture of a blue helmet with bullet holes in it. The United Nations troops wear blue helmets.

If you want to read some right-wing fascists foaming at the mouth about this, you can do so at Little Green Footballs.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

There are over 400 comments, so I didn't read through them to see if there are any death threats. It wouldn't surprise me, since the commenters at LGF regularly talk about killing people they don't like.

[edit on 8/9/2004 by donguillermo]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
lgf SAYS they're coming at Bushe's invitation????

Now, there's a joke! I do believe the delegation is coming to POLICE Bush and Co. from further attempts to steal precidency again.

I love the way this gets twisted around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join