It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAPAN INSANE, radioactive MADNESS !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The world would be better off, with every one who is mentally handicapped and below the age of thirteen running it. The rest of us in charge of making our own way to the bathroom. Shocking I know.

Your back of the napkin reference I thought was very cool.

Can I use that some time ?
Thanks for the clarification. Well we do learn some things in some cases after the age of 13 that may not be in mankind's best interests, like someone might learn to think that making a profit is more important than having a safe planet to live on. And if your point is most 12 year olds seem to know better, I'd agree with that point, as most haven't yet learned about profits and greed. As for whether they'd actually do a better job running the world, it would be an interesting experiment, but I'm not too sure how it would turn out. But I would love to take a poll of 1000 12 year olds, and ask them how many of them think building nuclear plants in earthquake and tsunami zones next to fault lines was a bad idea. Now the answers might be biased, but even before Fukushima, I'll bet a lot of them might think it was a bad idea.

Regarding "back of the napkin", wikipedia even has an article related to that here: The defining characteristic of back-of-the-envelope calculations is the use of simplified assumptions. A similar phrase is "back of a napkin".So feel free to use it, it's not my invention.

Some interesting trivia on napkins:
“Southwest Airlines business plan was conceived on a cocktail napkin. Compaq Computers “portable” design was originally sketched on a restaurant napkin.Actually the Compaq story was the first time I heard about what can happen on napkins.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Regarding "back of the napkin", wikipedia even has an article related to that here: The defining characteristic of back-of-the-envelope calculations is the use of simplified assumptions. A similar phrase is "back of a napkin".So feel free to use it, it's not my invention.

Cool links Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Those from the land of nippon have a saving face problem that keeps them from telling any truth that makes them look bad.....whe they saw how bad this thing was and how bad it would make them look,they lied....and lied and lied.....they have always been thought of as sneaky and this is one reason why

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Those from the land of nippon have a saving face problem that keeps them from telling any truth that makes them look bad.....whe they saw how bad this thing was and how bad it would make them look,they lied....and lied and lied.....they have always been thought of as sneaky and this is one reason why

Uh huh... cause, you know, like the good ol' "US of A" would never ever lie, hide, or conceal facts from its citizens.

Anyhoo...

Verbal vomit posts like the one quoted above proves my own personal hypothesis that not everyone on this planet has evolved enough to climb down from the trees yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

I could be adult about this, report this continuing ignorant, racist trash talk, and forget about it.

What do you know about Japan? Seen a movie or two? What you and your ignorant friends think about people who are not white Americans should not bother me, right? Ignorant, badly educated racists should not make me think twice. Thing is many times in the USA my husband was beaten by ignorant racists for being Asian, treated like trash when he was there only to study and then legally work. He could not go into a bar without some idiot calling him Jackie chan and wanting to fight him, at least in some areas. He wants our children to go to the US to study. When I read posts like yours, I feel physically sick. I would not let my children anywhere near a country with people who think like you in it.

ALl governments lie, so do big businesses and corporations. Look at 9 11. What a bunch of lies and mistruths and misdirection, and murder.

Ignorance is not bliss for those on the receiving end of it.

I suggest getting an education and seeing the world outside of America. Perhaps you would be a better person for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dumping our toxic waste in space or the sun is not acceptable. Perhaps the virus called man could stop producing such terrible things and heck even go without a bit, at least until we learn how to make clean energy. But that will never happen, will it. Funny we are less environmentally friendly then we were 100 years ago, how amusing and we even have pretty green labels for all that we now do.
edit on 19-6-2011 by marsend because: typos

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaExray
reply to post by MACchine

Never in my life have I seen such a consorted effort to prevent engineers and scientists from answering the distress call. This ceased to be a Japanese problem and became a global catastrophe within a day of the quake. People like Arnie gunderson have to yell to be heard, and are using their own financial resources just to provide awareness. We've seen a 35 percent increase in infant mortality on the west coast of the US, and fallout has been detected nationwide, and nothing constructive has been done to, in the very least, create some basic containment.

I know of many who have volunteered to go at their own expense and were refused. Personally, I have given up trying to help. I have some background on the subject and not much concern for my life, so I spent the first few weeks on the phone, working old contacts at Darpa. It was a frustrating and demoralizing process. I even tried to hitch a ride with the russians when I heard they were contemplating a response of their own, and that fizzled. Unless the Japanese develop a pair of rocks and decide to clean up that mess soon, the casualties are going to be astounding. So many of them are already the walking dead.

AX
FTNWO

WoOoW !!! You are CLEARLY a Great American and a humanitarian !

I am finding the extent of the ongoing coverup, to suppress news about Fuku or radiation rates anywhere is quite extensive and astounding !!

I wonder, this is more of less the RADICAL LIBERALs WET DREAM COME TRUE !

It could potentially kill a LOT of people but NOT YET, they ALWAYS prefer intellectual confirmation without the physical reality. I have long thought that they HATE HATE HATE Japan because it is THE MOST modern technological society and yet retains many OLD WORLD attributes like male domination. They greatly prefer young people to OLD people, always want babies to DIE, and when this kills it will kill babies FIRST, and then the old folks.

I don't know no what the demographics were in Japan before the quake accept old news that they were still very old, the worlds oldest society, if birth control does not work in Japan, a non-Christian country HOW CAN IT WORK ANYWHERE, they also HATE proofs that their simplistic world view fails outright, and work hard of coverup those proofs. THIS IS THEIR WET DREAM !

The way the USA military is invading Libya, surrounding Iran and Saudi Arabia, clearing flagging their desires OWN THE WORLD and that the people at the top so often sound radical liberal, you have to wonder WAS THIS INTENTIONAL OR JUST GREATLY APPRECIATED !?!?!?

And then considering the population density issues, Japan's constant Earth quakes and now with the 6 fold increase in Earth quakes world wide its no wonder the people in Japan are going NUTS.

I bet their leaders have been praying for DEPOPULATION !!!

They, the Japanese Royal Family, blame HAARP so they can blame the USA military, but I just don't believe HAARP is THAT powerful, THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE THEY

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsend
Dumping our toxic waste in space or the sun is not acceptable. Perhaps the virus called man could stop producing such terrible things and heck even go without a bit, at least until we learn how to make clean energy. But that will never happen, will it. Funny we are less environmentally friendly then we were 100 years ago, how amusing and we even have pretty green labels for all that we now do.
edit on 19-6-2011 by marsend because: typos

God loves ALL his creations THAT INCLUDES VIRUSES !!!

I am NOT WE, when I spilled oil I cleaned it up ALL OF IT. I do not accept blame for ANYTHING publicly traded corporations have done AND I DO NOT CONSIDER THEM HUMAN IN ANYWAY THEY ARE MACHINES !!!!!!

We must learn to control these machines !!!

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, the Green movement is HYPOCRISY ON HYPOCRISY COVERED WITH MASSIVE STUPIDITY

You need to take a look at THIS ...
Rossi speaks !!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Of course there's more than Fukushima's reactors in a bad state...

I made a thread about one of them at the beginning of this "farce"... Japan possess the biggest nuclear reactor in the world, but, luckily (!) for us, it was already having troubles big time, so...

Link to my thread about Onagawa

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Maybe high-speed (read: high consumption) electric trains are not such a good idea after all.

Insert standard warning here-> about the possible risks of living in SoCal- from possible long-term exposure of trapped airborne Japanese radiation in the smog. AFAIK, no-one is talking about blowing any holes in the mountains.... to disperse the smog (and now of course, radiation). Seriously pray/think and pray some more about this before moving there. And same about moving out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join