It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance = Bliss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My friend just got back from doing missionary work in Africa and he said that he was suprised at how happy people were despite their poverty. I have also talked to many people who have gone to third world countries and have seen the happiness of people there despite their living condtions and one factor they said was that their education system wasnt so good so that ledme to wonder is it better to live in ignorance than to know the truth is it better to go on with your life without knowing that truly in this world we are practicly powerless to a certain limit.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I for one believe that the simpler your life is the happier you are.
These people probably are happier because they don't have the stress of paying bills or getting to work on time or any of the hassles that come from liveing in the "more civilized" world.
My mom is constantly telling me how much better life was when she was young and lived on a farm. They were poor but happy, simple times. Story telling by my grandmother was a big source of entertainment or swimming in the nearby river after a day of farm work.
I don't think these people are ignorant. We may be the ignorant ones for subjecting ourselves to fast paced lifestyles that put constant pressure and strain on us.
I bet these poor people could teach us a thing or to about how to care about each other and what really counts in life.

new topics

join