It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever overheard Freinds Talking/Bitching about you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
Yup. Just the other day my friends were trying to convince me to buy a copy of Halo: Reach. I refused to and I overheard one of them call me a "douche". Yeah, I'm so foolish to not waste $50 on a #ing video game.

I have a PS3 instead so even if they did try to ask me to get it I would call them a douche instead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Today I had two so called freinds around for lunch.I had to go to the store as I had frorgot to get some salt.I returned early as the store was closed.

I stood frozen as the pair of them ripped me to shreads.Called me selfish,said my house was hideous and other things to painful to say.

This has happened to me before,has anyone else any experience of this?
edit on 18-6-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

All the time in the army. Of course this has led me to have a very bad behavior on Skype as some people already know. I know i'm to blame but I was made like this over the years by these so called "friends" that always joke around and name call every chance they get. I got too used to it and did the same thing on Skype as mentioned earlier. I'm trying to change but old habits die hard even though I left that job over a year ago. I can't tell you how to deal with them but I can tell you that words are words and unless you develop a thick skin, id tell them to cut the crap off or else...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Not friends, that I know of.
But I was once accidentally forwarded a really really long, back and forth email, between my boss and a coworker.
I was attempting an experiment to prevent us from a 70 mile round trip each month to a remote site.
It failed a few times, until I figured out the problems.
They were badmouthing me about just wasting my time, and it could be done just as fast by driving to the site.

They accidentally CC'd me the whole conversation....LOL

SO I answered...right? Wouldn't you?

They were red faced.
and my "experiment" in the transfer of large databases over crowded pipelines..is now SOP...so ha friggin HA to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a good punch in the mouth works for me, makes me feel better anyway

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some things to consider:
ARE you selfish?
Is your house indeed hideous?

Just how true are the things they said, regardless of how lacking in tact, or painful they may have been to hear?

Sometimes friends will let you know where you should really take a good hard look at reassessing yourself where no matter how many strangers tell you, you won't 'hear' it.

I recommend taking their 'advice'; cleaning house, thinking of ways you can be more open, sharing, and giving.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

That was harsh...Clean your house

if my house sucks..i tell people to get the heck out. if im ugly , dont look at me. If you dont like what i have to say, then dont talk to me. i am who i am. and theres people(even family) ive had to boot out of my life cause they are just down right disgusting human beings. it hurts, but thats what you gotta do at times.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

It's not really all that harsh. It's just say'n. No disrespect was intended.

In this situation you really have the question of perception and values to consider.

Does the OP value other people's opinion of himself such that it effects his own opinion of himself more so than his own comfort/ignorance?

If the OP places significant value over other people's opinion and perception of himself, then the obvious and simplest answer is to listen to what other people are saying regardless of how awkward or painful it might be to hear.

If the OP values personal gratification regardless of anyone else's opinion, then, by all means, be a selfish thoughtless slob.

It's a question of what and where the OP places value.

There's really no 'right' answer since the OP's comfort level and satisfaction regarding this situation depends on the personal perceptions and preferences relative to what the OP really wants.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Last night a saw a friend talking to some girl he just met. He didn't know that I am decent at psychology and body language, that was a no no.. So I ended up talking to her shortly after and she said he was making fun of me. Called him out on it today, but its like you have friends that become enemies in secret, and the more enemies they become the more close they become. That's not cool in the game and I would have no part in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join