It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negate the Police State - Protection when protesting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is my first thread so cut me a little slack.

I've been watching the various protests around the world and it seems unfair to me that the armoured brigades in black use weapons and antagonist agents to assault the protesters.

No I'm not taking any sides regarding these protests I just think its unfair that the odds are stacked so heavily against these people with regards to the physical action instigated by these armoured brigades.

I'd like to make some suggestions to protesters to help them stay safer.

1)
Tear gas, smoke grenade = bucket.
If one of these is bothering you put a bucket over it. Plastic buckets cost next to nothing at the DIY stores, they don't weigh much either.

2)
Placards are a great idea but why make them out of cardboard?
Plexiglas is common enough now, it would make a great placard and would help with those rubber bullets etc.

3)
Horses = stink bombs
Hit a horse in the head with one of these and it will want to do nothing else but get that # off NOW, it will ignore commands and buck the rider.
I don't mean the cutesy sugar-lump eating type of horse either, i mean the trained to run you down, stand on you and bite you kind.
When there is a big horse trying to bite your face, you'll be glad you had a stink bomb in your pocket.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm not picking any sides regarding these protests i just wish they could be safer.
These are defensive suggestions only etc.

Over to you, please add some more ideas or tell me why this is stupid.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

Good post this thread is well thought
Mayb goggles or skimask or something for eye protection
edit on 18-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Creative...safe...efficient...non lethal. I like very much, good ideas OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
TPTB have already shown their hand. Demonstrations will be met with overwhelming violence. Sound and water cannons, tear gas, rubber bullets, batons, horses, dogs and worse await us. Study each and you can come up with adequate defenses. However using defenses adequately requires real planning and training.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You need no slack cut my friend, bravo to you S&F for you

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

A great man once said "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable", John F. Kennedy
I like your ideas, they are a great alternative to defending yourself from violence with more violence. However, I don't see much, if any, real change occurring when we protest anymore. Not even when there are millions of people protesting all across the country, do we see any legitimate change. Our protests are shut down before they can become enough of a nuisance, or are only allowed in places that will not inconvenience anyone enough to make them listen to the cause of the people.
I only see two possible actions that will bring this country back to what it is supposed to be: Violent revolution, or the election of Dr. Ron Paul as President of the United States.
I will hope for the latter, and prepare for the former.
Thanks for the post,
S&F,
Q&A

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Interesting stance. People have a right to protest. I was downtown Indianapolis at the statehouse protesting for my rights as a Union worker. However, when public safety is at risk....burning and over turning vehicles, damaging shops, throwing debris etc etc you get whatever you deserve. One bad apples spoils the bunch. Interesting stance to counter police intervention with violence and animal abuse.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You have illustrated perfectly the plight of the stupid and ignorant masses!
Your best intentions unfortunately will not make the slightest dent. If they are that stupid to already turn up at these protests without any precautions, then they have begun the Darwinian process all by themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've often daydreamed about starting up a company called "Protestor Gear." Football helmets, gas masks, ear plugs, and jumpsuits with stitched-in padding and bulletproof vests. All with a stars and stripes theme to contrast the cops all black outfits. Maybe even large, hi intensity flashlights suitable for blinding or clubbing an attacker. I think LEOs might think twice when faced with a couple of thousand protestors decked out in matching red, white and blue protective gear as effective as theirs.

Problem is, the company would fail. Protestors don't have any money.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinnyEastside

Interesting stance. People have a right to protest. I was downtown Indianapolis at the statehouse protesting for my rights as a Union worker. However, when public safety is at risk....burning and over turning vehicles, damaging shops, throwing debris etc etc you get whatever you deserve. One bad apples spoils the bunch. Interesting stance to counter police intervention with violence and animal abuse.

it seems to me that the violence/damage is instigated by either the black brigade or undercover antagonists.

animal abuse? the idea of a horse biting your face seems like the very epitome of animal abuse.
I'd rather give the horse a smelly nose than have to pose all over again for my passport/driving license photographs post re-constructive surgery....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Perhaps I misunderstood you. So you are saying because there is a protest they have free reign? If the protest turns violent burn the mother down? I am as Liberal as they come but I am not stupid enough to insinuate most protests turn violent due to antagonists. Trust me emotions were running high at our labor protest. We even had opposition at our protest....a few Tea Baggers showed up. If you leave the area, those horses wouldnt do what you claim they do. You know people in large numbers feel safer and invincible.
edit on 18-6-2011 by VinnyEastside because: misspelled a few words and wanted to add more

edit on 18-6-2011 by VinnyEastside because: misspelled a few words wanted to add more

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinnyEastside

Perhaps I misunderstood you. So you are saying because there is a protest they have free reign? If the protest turns violent burn the mother down? I am as Liberal as they come but I am not stupid enough to insinuate most protests turn violent due to antagonists. Trust me emotions were running high at our labor protest. We even had opposition at our protest....a few Tea Baggers showed up. If you leave the area, those horses wouldnt do what you claim they do. You know people in large numbers feel safer and invincible.
edit on 18-6-2011 by VinnyEastside because: misspelled a few words and wanted to add more

edit on 18-6-2011 by VinnyEastside because: misspelled a few words wanted to add more

I think you have slightly misunderstood me, in that your experiences at a union protest may seem very similar but I suspect its quite different experience to the aggressive tactics employed by the black brigade since the G20 summit protests etc.

I suspect that during your labour protest, the TPTB didn't kettle you into a dead end then charge you with horses and set dogs on you?

Unfortunately this is a common tactic these days.

www.youtube.com...

I also suspect that the police didn't laugh as they engage in unprovoked attacks that resulted in the death of people walking by (none protesters just passing through the area).

www.youtube.com...

i agree that people should not run amok too and i suggest its everybody's responsibility to prevent these crimes.

edit on 1818/6/11 by BobbyShaftoe because: fixing something goofy i did with my links

edit on 1818/6/11 by BobbyShaftoe because: goofy typing too, time for bed

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Dont forget the vinegar with a cloth/rag/bandana! It counteracts the effects of tear gas (to an extent)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good post Bobby. I'm stunned that these things have not been thought of or used before now.
If I were a capitalist of any sort I would hijack your ideas & appear on that Dragon's Den thing.

I will try to remember the vinegar/bandana should any circumstances demand it (thanks Skerrako).

S & F amigo.
edit on 21-6-2011 by EnochRoot because: Additional words

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was hoping to add to the list but that don't seem possible i suppose its all in the T&Cs why not....

4)phones confiscated/destroyed = live web streaming from your cellphone.

seems a common practice for phone to be confiscated/destroyed by the black brigade if they see you witnessing their brutality, but if the vid is already published live on the web you have only lost a phone not your evidence. who knows what else will be published if they walk off with your phone in your pocket. most people have old phones knocking about that are purposeful enough for this...

read up....
www.makeuseof.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Good point, I use an app called Qik, it streams straight to my account at home. Love it

top topics

join