It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next American Revolution Won't Be Like the First

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A lot of heads certainly need cut off in America.

The day it happens will be a good day.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

The day that happens in America all my respect for fellow Americans will evaporate. We are not a people in favor of mob justice, at least we should not be. I want to see no heads on stakes, no persons at the guillotines without a fair trial, and no mob making or enforcing the rule of law no matter how just their cause may be.

There is no fair trial, if you hadn't noticed... There's only how far money will go. At the top money is easy to come by. In fact, it's often numbers input to an account. You want fair? Find a way to spread the resources. We're all born to the Earth. This sounds like talking points, but in actuality it's real life with people struggling to survive.

When you're hunched over in pain from drinking waste water out of a stagnant pool or drainage ditch, you'll wish there was someone to enforce a standard of living. Hopefully a crowd or mob will pull you out of the hole. All I can say is: Revolutions usually end in roses... Not start with them.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666
reply to post by userid1

And this is precisely why society doesn't allow people like you to make those kinds of decisions.

I have no desire to make these kinds of decisions for society. I make personal judgments.

I suppose that it has slipped your attention that our sheep society is what got us into this mess. If you want to lead them, then be my guest. I don't want that job.

People want the easy way out. There is no easy way out. But you can be a love-and-light fluff bunny if you want to be. Give the psychopaths a nice hug. Perhaps they will leave you alone. Yes, I'm sure they will.

Sorry, but I believe it *you* who is out of touch with reality. What your comments suggest isn't a violent revolution, but rather anarchy. Have you never considered the diversity of the American population? Do you not understand the disparate viewpoints involved. What? Did you think it's really as simple as a them or us scenario -or to your point - sheep versus the "enlightened ones"?

Now - add in the fact that firearm ownership in the US is at least 55 million households (including this "love-and-light" bunny) - and that's of the known *registered* firearms. Do you think they all feel the same way you do? If it would be "OK" in your book to kill those who you perceive to be worthy of assasination - what's to stop those who disagree with you from executing you?

THAT'S where anarchy comes from, not revolution.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by LHP666

I would not like to drag my thread into one of debating whether or not mob justice is legitimate justice but I cannot hold myself back from commenting on what is so ridiculously absurd. Justice is one where individual rights are respected and upheld, regardless of how vile the individual is. What you endorse is more of emotion driven injustice. Regardless of how disgusting these people are they too are just as deserving of their natural rights as you or I.

May I also add into the factor of the outright hypocrisy you are showing? You would want a revolution to take back individual liberty from those who stripped it from you and you would do this by taking away theirs? How can you rationalize or justify that?

Allow me... The system is rigged. So rigged, only a collapse and subsequent reset gets the job done. This time with a real State of Independence.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by userid1
what's to stop those who disagree with you from executing you?

If someone really wants you dead no government can protect you.

No law will stop them and no one from the government will guard you from your future assailant.

At best, the government can offer you a 1-in-5 chance that your killer will be caught.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So, are suggesting that we're already in a state of anarchy?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by userid1

That is something you are going to have to decide for yourself.

Even if there was just one government employee for the whole country, some idiot would be arguing that we are therefore not in a state of anarchy.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

For a long time I had the belief and later only the hope that real change could be achieved without violence. Sadly, I feel that hope dying within me. I feel, as she does, that when it finally breaks loose blood will flow freely in the streets. Some of it ours, much more of it theirs.

The PTB certainly have no compunction against shedding the blood of the average citizen. When their leverage by law or money fails they will resort to violence every time. This is why we have a militarized police, the PATRIOT act and a NORTHCOM military directorate. Should citizens rise in armed rebellion blood would flow all right and it wouldn't be theirs.

OP - Any resemblance to the French revolution would only be superficial. Today, the mega-rich would simply leave the country and the shadow government would run the show from underground bases which there are plenty of. Any "revolution" would quickly turn into race war and anarchy. There might be class war of the poor against the middle class born of frustration - a far cry from the French revolution. If the government were overthrown (not likely) we might go through several stages similar to the assembly and the great terror and even that is thinking optimistically.

The people would expend themselves fighting each other for basic survival and then the army and National guard would assert control. They have the resources stockpiled to simply wait it out until we had bleed each other dry.

I truly doubt there are enough citizens who even know what a Constitutional Republic is based upon and how it should govern properly. It is the side I would take if the SHTF but I don't think there are huge numbers of people with like minds.

Sadly, I see this as a no-win situation either way. A revolt would not restore the Republic and the current path is leading into a Corporate Communist system, not to be confused with State Communism like Russia or China.
These forces have been allied for some time now working for the downfall of America as the last bastion of human freedom.
That is why we have become so dependent upon China and why Russia seemed to turn towards Capitalism, Make no mistake, both Russia and China are still true Communist nations where the government runs the means of production. The distinction I would make is that in America (allied with Western European banking interests) the Corporations run the means of production and tell the government what to do.
That is why we have been working with the Communists since Nixon went to China almost 40 years ago, It also explains the export of secret military technology to China starting with the Clinton administration.

They might even allow the American military machine to be destroyed. It doesn't matter to them whether it's American troops or Chinese that restore order, they both work for the same bosses in the end.

Restoration of the Republic would be a very, very long and bloody struggle. The normal avenues for change have long since been hijacked and manipulated to favor those already in power. Our votes are simply wasted hope.

There is a big difference between fighting the nobility of France and taking on the forces of the NWO which is ultimately what a third American revolution would be. (The second revolution was the US Civil war)
edit on 19-6-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by userid1

THAT'S where anarchy comes from, not revolution.

We have anarchy right now.

It's the leaders that are the anarchists. They do not obey their own laws. They are the lawless ones here.

When it comes to who the enemy is, the enemy are those that attack me. I dont go out looking for enemies. They show themselves to me.

As far as what will happen, we all have our own ideas. But we wont know, until it actually happens.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We have one clearcut and technological advantage nowadays and that is our revolt has already gone viral. Why be in a crowded area packed like sardines so it'll make it that much easier to gun us all down.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I feel obligated to speak up here. I am a member of the growing Resistance. I hope for a revolution. I dream of a day where we are free. Where the pursuit of science isn't for profit but for the betterment of man. Where no one in my community is homeless because as a community we make it that way. Where no one goes hungry because we take care of each other. Where freedom isn't just a word that inspires. I am ready to work for this.

I condemn violence. I am not angry with the police or judges. I am not mad at Public Employees. I am not mad at anyone else that thinks this bastardization if the American Dream. They were duped as many of us have been. Feeding the monster is natural when you are brought up to believe in it. I will deprive the system of its feed from me. I will throw off the constraint of a monetary system that promotes greed. I will peacefully show I wish to no longer participate. I will let the riot police keep me peaceful with non violent measures (Like standing there and making sure we are peaceful).

And when those who refuse to wake up from the dream, because, of selfish reliance on their big screens and fast cars, come for me they will find that I too carry a gun. I will not carry out violence in the name of freedom but I will be violent in the defense of self. I was a soldier, I know what "Its me or him" means. I will go home! Violence begets violence. We must hold onto the ideal of non-violent protest as long as we can though. Once the first bullets fly they wont stop. It is serious this time.

Welcome to the Age of The Awakening.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The day that happens in America all my respect for fellow Americans will evaporate. We are not a people in favor of mob justice, at least we should not be. I want to see no heads on stakes, no persons at the guillotines without a fair trial, and no mob making or enforcing the rule of law no matter how just their cause may be.

You do realize the US Congress gave the President authority to kill Americans without a trial right?

Constitution's gone.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why do people always have to make a connection between people not liking some things in the country and a revolution? Try this sometime. Just walk through the grocery store and go up to someone you don't know and say to them, "hey so where do you stand on this possible American revolution coming up?"

They will more than likely look at you like your a complete idiot. There is no talk on the street of massive uprisings, no hate towards the government that is so great people are thinking about taking up arms, no mass hysteria or fear starting. People are nowhere near reaching the point of even considering a revolution and ATS members whether you believe this or not do not represent the majority of the country.

People are angry and frustrated sure but they are gonna voice that opinion with their vote and not take to the streets. And just so you know for future posts, we have far more freedoms and liberty's today than we did under President Lincoln so the country would seem to be getting better and not worse.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A lot of heads certainly need cut off in America.

The day it happens will be a good day.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

you cannot turn back the clock or turn it off, they have pushed beyond the outer limits to the path of no return. their heads must come off by the 1000s if not 100s of 1000s, because while they continue to have one smidgen of power, like a virus they will have the ability to re-infect the system over and over again and nothing will ever change for the good. we like the sheeple that we are gave them the power, but now We "must" turn it off and take it back before they make a move towards our defenses/our guns

no change at this point can be made at the ballot or by negotiation only by the blade the noose and the firing squad

edit on 19-6-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

you might think you have freedoms but in the flash of an instant you might be whisked away to an internment camp or the ovens. just because you might think you have something, you better think again, and as far as people not ready to pounce? you are just unaware of whats really going on around you..YOU BETTER.WAKE UP

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Just walk through the grocery store and go up to someone you don't know and say to them, "hey so where do you stand on this possible American revolution coming up?"

They will more than likely look at you like your a complete idiot.

Sure they would, most likely.

So what? And why the hell should I even give a damn what they think about anything? If they cannot be bothered to exercise due diligence on what is being done to this country, then f'^$# them. If they can't see it, then they're just going to have to feel it.

Revolutions are started by a minority, not the majority. And some of us are in that minority.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

You do realize the US Congress gave the President authority to kill Americans without a trial right?

Constitution's gone.

Without some kind of proof and a link to support your claim; that is just stupid hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666

Originally posted by kro32
Just walk through the grocery store and go up to someone you don't know and say to them, "hey so where do you stand on this possible American revolution coming up?"

They will more than likely look at you like your a complete idiot.

Sure they would, most likely.

So what? And why the hell should I even give a damn what they think about anything? If they cannot be bothered to exercise due diligence on what is being done to this country, then f'^$# them. If they can't see it, then they're just going to have to feel it.

Revolutions are started by a minority, not the majority. And some of us are in that minority.

The point is that to have a revolution you need people to fight it. When the majority of the people in the country are not willing than it won't happen. Right now the country's populace is not anywhere close to revolting so therefore it won't happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The French revolution was different and the one you see coming will suffer from the same problem...

Surfers and not leaders... Foche and Talleyrand

Now to the various points....

1)Justice...

Andrew Jackson said it best and I believe John Marshal set it into law before hand....

"To the victor goes the spoils"

I have my own little list

And I know whose list I am on

The people on my list are better off being pulled from the game

Your arguments seem to fall into the fallacy of this thinking...
the ideal still holds here.... while I know for a fact it is broken going into none repairable mode....

the application of the concept is horrible.... and very corrupt

what you fail to realize is that from your perch,
1) we are still animals
2) enough people have been wronged that the death of the ones who did it might be warranted

does the judge who broke the law deserve the noose any more then the CPS agent, the cop, or the thief?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A quote from John Adams is needed here. He was writing to H. Nile in the later portion of his life. Of course, this is part of a larger correspondence, but this here is what I believe to be relevant in terms to your the OP and the linked article.

"But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments of their duties and obligations. This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people, was the real American Revolution."

Given such, we know that a second "revolution" would be nothing like the first. It would be more in line with what I believe to be already stated by the OP and that of the French Revolution. Bloody, pointless, and more a civil war than anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join