It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(BIG!) Health freedom victory! City council votes to end water fluoridation!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Health freedom victory! Fairbanks, AK, city council votes to end water fluoridation!

www.naturalnews.com

Sometimes organizing like-minded individuals, petitioning, and showing up to city council meetings to express your thoughts actually does make all the difference in instigating positive change. Health-conscious individuals from Fairbanks, Ak., recently achieved a huge health freedom victory when their city council voted almost unanimously to end water fluoridation. The decision followed concerted public outcry and presentation of the facts surrounding the health damage caused by consuming fluoride.

Several years ago, the Fairbanks City Council created a "Fluoride Task Force" to investigat
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is huge!

The first step towards ridding the world of this massive conspiracy against our health. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling and other cities will follow suit.

Then other nations!

This is truly a great victory. The question is has the fluoridation of water gone so far that our waters will never be free of this crap?

-TechUnique

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You can read the report which lead to this victory here!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Awesome! Now the people in that city can come out of their fluoride induced coma, and inspire other cities to do the same! Peons and pheasants rejoice! S+F

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great news, I hope this trend continues and sparks people's interest in activism in general.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is good news, and also, it should inspire us more. We all discuss the problems here but are too fear based, or apathetic to organize and stand up on issues. It does work.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is good news, and also, it should inspire us more. We all discuss the problems here but are too fear based, or apathetic to organize and stand up on issues. It does work.

Definitely mate. What people need to do is not only address an issue.. but compile a detailed report of the negative effects that issue has, the implications it has for the freedoms or safety of the people and then publicise the issue to show how much support there is for it.

If you want political change you have to at least try to be political..

I think a lot of us are guilty of being in the know but doing next to nothing about it.

I know I am.

Hopefully this inspires more people to do the same as you said. It definitely has me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great! One city at a time. I was hoping for a statewide or even nationwide mandate to end water fluoridation.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Great! One city at a time. I was hoping for a statewide or even nationwide mandate to end water fluoridation.

Well now it looks like we can raise our hopes slightly in that respect.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Way to go Alaska!!

First, a potential ban on genetically modified salmon, and now this.

Now, if only the rest of country could catch up.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT
Way to go Alaska!!

Alaskans did not vote to ban GMO Salmon. An Alaskan Senator voted to prevent the FDA from funding GMO Salmon out of a desire to protect the economic interests of his state.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Way to go Alaska!!

Alaskans did not vote to ban GMO Salmon. An Alaskan Senator voted to prevent the FDA from funding GMO Salmon out of a desire to protect the economic interests of his state.

yeah, I know ... but I still give Alaska the credit, if that's okay with you ;-)

it's thanks to efforts that are coming out of that state ...
edit on 18-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Outstanding good news, and obligatory BUMP.
Now we need a statewide statute so the twits
know we're serious! Lose the poison!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

it's thanks to efforts that are coming out of that state ...
edit on 18-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

Sure. "Efforts' to protect the financial stability of the fishing industry on the West Coast, not altruistic anti GMO sentiment.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Almost all toothpaste have fluorides, so it would be a good idea for these cities to outlaw fluoride toothpaste use in children too. That's a bit more problematic, because toothpastes are private products and not governmental policy, but there has to be a way to at least publicize the fluoridation of toothpaste.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Duplicate post, deleted.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Aleister because: Duplicate post delete

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Technicaly, fluoride is a government thing..its FDA approved*

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Almost all toothpaste have fluorides, so it would be a good idea for these cities to outlaw fluoride toothpaste use in children too. That's a bit more problematic, because toothpastes are private products and not governmental policy, but there has to be a way to at least publicize the fluoridation of toothpaste.

You can purchase Flouride and Sodium Laurel Phosphate Free toothpaste in supermarkets or health stores.. just go hunting and you will find it. And, it will be cheaper than the topical flouride toothpastes on the shelves.

My state has finally forced Flouride in our water this year.. and not many seem to care.. mainly due to not knowing anything other than what the state government has told them. So it's a big fight to get it out of the water supply here now.. just need to find more soldiers to join the cause.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I sent this information to my local representatives and anti fluoride movements hoping it may be able to assist them in the future. Perhaps the evidence provided by the Fluoride Task Force can be submitted to decision makers if this issue comes up in other city's.
edit on 19-6-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Sure. "Efforts' to protect the financial stability of the fishing industry on the West Coast, not altruistic anti GMO sentiment.

Dude, didn't we cover this in the other forum, or was that somebody else?

Who cares what his motivations were. Look, it would be great if we lived in a "Black and White" world and things were always achieved for the right reasons and via the most morally aesthetic means ... but we don't.

I'm glad he didn't publicly attempt to do this for altruistic reasons alone, because it would have failed.

Money talks, and that's the angle he went with. Maybe that's the only reason, maybe it wasn't. It really doesn't matter some times. A good result was achieved, either way

In politics, to achieve something "good", sometimes you've got to swim in the filth.

edit on 19-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join