It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy arms thousands of terrorists, leading to the death of thousands, will only lose his job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And that guy my friends is the head of the BATF. His superiors (the attorney general and Obama) won't even lose anything.

Head of ATF Is Likely to Go

The Justice Department is expected to oust the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, according to people familiar with the matter, amid a troubled federal antitrafficking operation that has grown into the agency's biggest scandal in nearly two decades.

Any other person who would have done what this guy and his bosses have done would have ended up in jail for life.

America, the land where the rule of law only applies to the little people.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And i for one have witnessed the brutality of the Mexican Drug Cartel. I have seen videos yes Several of them

Perhaps it is gruesome and not for everyone but many of the videos are highly disturbing and i do not recommend viewing them; they are there though on the Internet.

Tens of thousands of Innocents are dying in Mexico each year. Its like a War essentially

The U.S sells the guns $$$ ; Is the name of the Game.

Many people are ignorant of what is happening in Mexico but it is truly a sickening and horrifying truth.

Mass Graves are being reported every week. With Dozens to hundreds of Bodies.
edit on 18-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah, well I'm here in Mexico, and that is nothing. I would definitely rather be here than, say, Afghanistan, where the drug cartel called the CIA are killing tens of thousands EVERY DAY....

Or Iraq, where the drug CIAtel has killed MILLIONS...

where would you rather be?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Yeah, well I'm here in Mexico, and that is nothing. I would definitely rather be here than, say, Afghanistan, where the drug cartel called the CIA are killing tens of thousands EVERY DAY....

Exaggerate much?

Enjoy your stay in Mexico and don't come back to the US unless you can't stay too long.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Exaggerate much?

Enjoy your stay in Mexico and don't come back to the US unless you can't stay too long.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Isn't what this slob did terrorism? I would think that it's almost a war crime too. Selling guns to a known violent cartel, isn't that a war crime? Back me up brothers and sisters!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Just like Ollie North did.

Oh wait...he works for history chanell now..nothing new here that hasn't been done before.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
only lose his job ???

only lose his job ??????

are u frekin kidding me ???

where are the charges against those
responsible ???

Why is this man allowed to resign and go
get another job in the Obama Administration ??

A border agent died from these weapons and not
1 single charge ???

there should be a re ........

oh wait, who is that singing on American Idol?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Oh wait...he works for history chanell now..nothing new here that hasn't been done before.

Ollie North should be in jail too.

``Nothing new`` doesn't make it less of a serious crime.

And stop shilling on my threads kro32.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sounds like they picked their scape goat...
of course we all know this goes up a lot higher but...those are beyond reproach, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

In a way operation "Fast & Furious" has succeeded in finding one of the big traffickers of weapons: BATF itself.

Way to go geniuses!!! Just think boys & girls: get a harvard, yale or other left-wing ivory league education and you too can make top-flight decisions like this.

They should have called it "Frakked & Foolish" instead.

EDIT: S & F OP
edit on 18-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: add

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Ollie North should be in jail too.

``Nothing new`` doesn't make it less of a serious crime.

And stop shilling on my threads kro32.

I was simply disputing your claim that anyone else would have been sent to jail as that was an inaccurate statement by you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am confused.

Didn't you start a thread "California passing lots of anti-second amendment bills!" Where you shouted about "which part of tho shall not infringe" etc.?

So now you are for cracking down on these purchases?

Or is it just a matter of shifting opinions? whatever can be spun as anti-Obama?

BTW - The ATF was not arming Mexican drug lords. The same people that scream about the second amendment every time the ATF attempts to enforce laws to interfere with the gun trafficking are the ones that are selling the guns to drug lords in Mexico.

The idea that you are looking to shift blame to the ATF is a little insane.

If they had cracked down on the straw purchases I imagine you would have been one of the first to post a "Obama wants to take your guns away" threads, seeing as you have done it in the past.

Please clarify your position as to what laws you feel should be in place and enforced to restrict straw purchases and trafficking of guns to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I was simply disputing your claim that anyone else would have been sent to jail as that was an inaccurate statement by you.

Anyone else, meaning THE AVERAGE GUY. Not what another crook in government did twenty years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Anyone else, meaning THE AVERAGE GUY. Not what another crook in government did twenty years ago.

An average guy will never have the ability to arm thousands of people. If a man has that ability he is no longer average. Your post makes no sense to me but perhaps I am misreading it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
now now... remember so far this is still a congressional hearing and not a criminal case... not yet...
being asked to resign... is just another way of saying "Shame of you for getting caught!" it also means those higher up can distance themselves in case it does turn into a criminal case...

My thoughts are it should become a criminal case... but more than likely will be lucky if we get a civil case...
hate to sound so... cynic ....but this is thew twenty first century

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

An average guy will never have the ability to arm thousands of people. If a man has that ability he is no longer average. Your post makes no sense to me but perhaps I am misreading it.

Thing is, an average guy would have supplied only 1% of what the ATF has given to cartels and he would be facing life in jail.

But I guess Stalin was right when he said ``The death of a man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic``... and it goes the same for crimes. The bigger the crime, the less ``criminal`` it is... if you're in the government that is.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Two hundred years ago, all involved would have swung for treason.
But in the New Corporate States of America, folks just lose their job and then go to work for another company.
Not enough people care is the problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i have a different way of viewing most topics on this website.

the plan: to make mexico so unstable that they immigrate here to the us and then comes along amnesty and securing one of the largest voting blocks in the us.

gunwalker and fast and furiious were a means to and end and of course no charges will be brought up why because obama and holder.

i do have my problems with the "guns in mexico" coming from the us when its the most expensive place in the world to get and buy guns.

there is more to this story that meets the eye.

it is a fact that over 30,000 deaths have occurred in mexico and that violence has spread into the surrounding border states.

its a two pronged assault and freedom and liberty here in america obama gets more voters and obama gets to crack down on americans and disarm them.

the us government is the most corrupt nefaious organization in the world.

always look deeper that the subject matter and look to that place that they do not want you to.
edit on 18-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OMG You are brilliant...I see a Nobel prize for you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join