It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: More Radiation To Enter Pacific Ocean..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Japan nuclear: Radiation halts water clean-up

BBC News
Operators of Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant have suspended an operation to clean contaminated water hours after it began due to a rapid rise in radiation. Some 110,000 tonnes of water have built up during efforts to cool reactors hit by the 11 March earthquake and tsunami. The contaminated water, enough to fill 40 Olympic-sized swimming pools, has been at risk of spilling into the sea.

Horrible news but at least it is in the news. It looks like there is a lot more radioactive trouble than anticipated originally by the the media but hey, you didn't need me to tell you that. What's new is that more radiation is likely to enter the pacific.

Roland Buerk in Tokyo: "The fear is the pools of water could overflow spilling more radiation into the Pacific Ocean"

"Suspended an operation to clean contaminated water hours after it began due to a rapid rise in radiation.."

Something as important as the clean-up of this radioactive water cancelled due to a rapid rise in radiation?

Get the owner of the plant and the shareholders to do it themselves if no-one else will. They are the ones who have made stupid amounts of profit BEFORE this life threatening global accident..

BBC News
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I hadn't seen anyone post this on the Fukushima stories so I thought I would contribute something solid for others to reference.

Western Pacific Typhoon Storm Tracks 1945-2010

1993 is a quick reference year to understand the true problem this archive displays. There are more active years and better tracks that literally cross over the top of the physical Fukushima plant and surrounding beach (I mean the eye itself crossing that facility).

For this and various other reasons, the lack of preparation or containment to address typhoons or storms leaves me cold inside and really looking at a story about contaminated water on-site as a rather minor problem, relatively speaking.

I never have heard what happened to the tent plan. As silly as that all sounded, it WOULD have been something to mitigate major storm damage. At least that was going to be attempting something.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"At the moment, we haven't specified the reason," a Tepco spokesman told a news conference. "So we can't say when we can resume the operation. But I'd say it's not something that would take weeks."

I was just reading this here. Source

little by little they are releasing info and each time it gets worse and worse.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Its really scary to think of the potential this situation has in regards to not only the Japanese people but the people of the world..

Why didn't anyone listen to the hippies man?

Oh yeah. Propaganda.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

The contaminated water, enough to fill 40 Olympic-sized swimming pools, has been at risk of spilling into the sea.
Something seems really wrong with this claim of 40 Olympic-sized swimming pools worth of contaminated water.

Haven't they been spraying the reactors for months and that's all they have? If it really wasn't leaking or going into the ocean, why wouldn't it be much more?

So I'm leaning toward thinking that the reason they ONLY have that much contaminated water, is a lot of it already did go into the ocean. If that wasn't the case, they should have much more.

new topics

top topics

join