It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: For the belief in G_D.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
I feel like a real jerk right now. Let's just agree to disagree.

Don't feel like that, you have no reason to feel like that. It's just the way things are nowadays. A guy like Prof. Dawkins comes out with a book which is based on a mistaken contention, and makes a zillion bucks out of it.

He should be the one who feels like a jerk, not you. Thanks to Prof. Lennox more people will know who the jerk really is, in any case. I hope he can make a zillion + 1 bucks out of setting the record straight.

No hard feelings, you seem like a good person, highlighting people's suffering in the world in one of your posts to me.

Let's not agree to disagree, come on board the Prof. Lennox podium, he is winning and you can stand beside him with me, much better than standing beside someone who reads hatemail for entertainment before an assembled audience. That way we agree that Prof. Dawkins is mistaken and wrong.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

Postscript: Takes a lot of courage to admit to feeling thus, you're ace in my book, if that's worth anything to you.
edit on 18-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Postscript added.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow

Hate mail with Richard Dawkins.

Guess all he has left after being defeated by Prof. Lennox's position is to show how unthinking people who hate him react. Probably the same people who bought his book and then found out it was mistaken.

I don't condone any form of hate. I certainly don't hate, especially when argument is so effective against lightweights such as Prof. Dawkins.

Prof. Dawkins believes that the Theory of Everything or TOE, will provide the single model to explain the theories of...well...everything, yet what he's also saying is that not only cannot G_D be at the key to it all, but G_D cannot have any place in the theory at all. Is this reasonable from a man whose Foundation is subtitled: 'For reason and science.'? Is this reasonable thinking from someone who describes his website as: 'A clear-thinking oasis.'?

Cheers,
YHWH2

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Double post.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
To the OP
um
this is not proof anyone should believe in God.

You are correct, I'm just suggesting you should believe in G_D, because it can be effective against science's attempt to remove your soul from your body.

reading a book and there are many books in the theory of religions
Sorry but I dont buy it .. one reason for me

IMO God was not even mentioed until people had a language

To some and just not Athiests God is seen as a evil enity .. I dont go that far to say that he/god is because I dont use the word god in my belief or faith.

but
Only thing is now that even many Christians themselves are realizeing that the Bible is packed full of unproven stories .. and they have left to find a more meaningful belief stucture or howvever ya put it.

He or she wont be able to provide truth ever...cause she/he stated it already that it is a philosophical approach

Religious theory is like saying the Devil or Evil are the same and Heaven is someplace good Christians all go for not sinning. .. and the Devil will be released from the abyss ie (Hell) burning pit of fire ...

It's fun to talk about in bible Study but unfortunately I’m not into Bible study.

If it's unfortunate that you are not in Bible study than that is something you can remedy easily, I'm sure. Could be cool, do actually know a bit more.

Religious Theology is just that a study of religions ..

It is because the people who have beliefs of a higher power and astral travel are those who see things or feel things that are not of the normal religious nature they are not stuck to the written words of hearsay in the bible.

Op can you tell me what man/woman fully human beings that had no real language no written capabilities they just were survivors they traveled in groups lived in high mountain caves and yet they knew something more awesome than us ..

And that was the abilities to use your mind and its power to communicate .. They could tell by reading a face if a person was in sorrow they had more intuition back then .. They used their minds to make things happen ..

Modern man such as those who were all behind the God thing was a moral based belief .. It gave you guidance and limitations .. Lots of Rules and it eventually killed many people .. All for the sake of G_D
I am not against any religion but you seem to have it out for Atheists do you also condemn other religions of the world and see them as evil just because they don’t match your beliefs????
edit on 18-6-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling

I don't have it against atheists, as you say, merely the ones which contend a whole book from a mistake, like Prof. Dawkins has done.

Cheers,
YHWH2

edit on 18-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Last line added.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by YHWH2

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Proof to me possibly, but not to others who would prefer more concrete evidence.
btw, we are more or less on the same side here.

Seems you are not even sure about your own beliefs, saying that it's possible.

If you are on my side, you realise that proof exists for the belief in G_D, and so therefore you are not deluded in believing in G_D.

Cheers,
YHWH2
i suppose theres 0.01 percent of doubt in me, because the physical evidence is not there, and that would prove conclusive proof of a creator to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Proof to me possibly, but not to others who would prefer more concrete evidence.

If you are on my side, you realise that proof exists for the belief in G_D, and so therefore you are not deluded in believing in G_D.

Cheers,
YHWH2
i suppose theres 0.01 percent of doubt in me, because the physical evidence is not there, and that would prove conclusive proof of a creator to me.

Very well said.

Doubt is good, because it makes you question your belief system.

I have doubt sometimes, so I'm in total agreement with you, however I wouldn't ever arrive at such a precise figure.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Cheers,
YHWH2
i suppose theres 0.01 percent of doubt in me, because the physical evidence is not there, and
that would prove conclusive proof of a creator to me.

Very well said.

Doubt is good, because it makes you question your belief system.

I have doubt sometimes, so I'm in total agreement with you, however I wouldn't ever arrive at such a precise figure.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

lol, i dont know why i gave that fraction off the top of my head, i should have just said minute chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

posted by YHWH2
“You are correct, I'm just suggesting you should believe in G_D, because it can be effective against science's attempt to remove your soul from your body.”

NSG52 My Reply:
“I don’t understand that way of thinking as you put it ,, Im sorry but my belief or faith is traditional Native American and yes my Dad once sent me to Sunday school and that only lasted a short while .. as I was always asking too many questions on stuff they taught,, for instance ..I'd ask >> is that what a angel looks like or is god a white man or where is heaven ? and on an on my questions kept on going lol
I believe in a great spirit he is not called God .. he is the energy field that put it all into existence and gave to us life in many forms .. the word God to me it means a "modern term" man made word not of the spiritual sense ..
The God word IMO ...it does not capture the beauty of the whole picture ... A spiritual mind does not divide the human race ..
ok what I mean is just because some don’t believe in your way .. does not mean science will attempt to remove your soul that is a ridiculas statement you do realize that don’t you ?”

posted by YHWH2
“If it's unfortunate that you are not in Bible study than that is something you can remedy easily, I'm sure. Could be cool, do actually know a bit more.”

NSG52 Reply’s:
“I'm over 50 years old .. how old are you ??? not that it matters but I have been there and back .. I have read the bible more than once as well as the Quran and the Tanakh i have sat and talked with Jehovah witnesses I’m afraid your point here is null.”

posted by YHWH2
“I don't have it against atheists, as you say, merely the ones which contend a whole book from a mistake, like Prof. Dawkins has done.”

NSG52 Reply’s:
“Ok you may not have it out for them and maybe its just you trying to warn us of something..BUT I'm not quite sure what that is .. too many people out their being Fanatics on religion like Harold Camping .. and others trying to say the world is ending .. BAHHH
Science has nothing to do with taking your soul in my opinion .. I’m just saying reading a book does not make it proof ok.”

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
I feel like a real jerk right now. Let's just agree to disagree.

Don't feel like that, you have no reason to feel like that. It's just the way things are nowadays. A guy like Prof. Dawkins comes out with a book which is based on a mistaken contention, and makes a zillion bucks out of it.

He should be the one who feels like a jerk, not you. Thanks to Prof. Lennox more people will know who the jerk really is, in any case. I hope he can make a zillion + 1 bucks out of setting the record straight.

No hard feelings, you seem like a good person, highlighting people's suffering in the world in one of your posts to me.

Let's not agree to disagree, come on board the Prof. Lennox podium, he is winning and you can stand beside him with me, much better than standing beside someone who reads hatemail for entertainment before an assembled audience. That way we agree that Prof. Dawkins is mistaken and wrong.

Peace be with you,
YHWH2

Postscript: Takes a lot of courage to admit to feeling thus, you're ace in my book, if that's worth anything to you.
edit on 18-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Postscript added.

Sounds good to me, have a good day.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

Proof: For the belief in G_D.

Are you trying to provide proof that YOU believe in God?

Why?

What possible reason would you have for PROVING that you believe in God?

I'll take your word for it, man... You believe in God... Ok, I'm cool with your belief.

Dr John Lennox, professor of mathematics......

No, seriously... You don't need mathematics to prove to me that you believe in the existance of God... I'll take your word for it.

You believe in god.

I still don't see why you had to make a thread about this.

But let us remember that science emerged out of Christianity, and moreover that if science could save your soul than it would become a religion.

Are you feeling okay?

I mean, you are getting sort of complex in your attempt to explain that you believe in god.... why do you feel the need?

reply to post by miniatus

Why are you hiding the word God with an underscore?

It's a religious thing.

Some sects of the Judaic faith believe that actually Spelling out the word "God" is, like... bad, or disrespectful, or something....

It's kind of based on the "Don't take God's name in Vain" thing....

Which is sort of Odd that they would censor the word "God", since it's not a name, but a title.
edit on 18-6-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

This professer is trying to solve things eons away from his limited plain of wisdom. Seriously, everyone wants atheists to believe in God. They have a choice for what to worship.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I always get a laugh when I see religious or creationist based threads which are titled with the word "Proof" in it.

Look folks, there is NO PROOF whatsoever in man-made FAIRY-TALES. None sorry.

Especially so for the Abrahamic type of barbaric, violent, hateful nonsense fairy-tale cults.

Jeez folks, even a talking donkey and a talking snake can see thru this fairy-tale nonsense.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Science came from Christianity? I would have said science has been with us from the beginning ever since the first of us watched the laws of nature, duplicated it and learned how to make fire and other various things.

I have no problem when people say they believe in a god. In fact I would think that many who like myself don't believe in a god would think this way. My problem comes from the fact that those who choose to believe in god claim to know exactly what this god wants and how this god thinks and what will happen to us because they read it from a book. Not just one book but many, all of which make the assertion that it is the truth. To use gravity and nature as an example is much different than a piece of text.

Religions have no reason to rally behind such arguments because all it states is that there is a god. Arguing whether a god exists and arguing whether the god is of a specific religion are two separate things.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The proof is....in the pudding! Ummmmmmmm, pudding.

Second whine.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
From Dictionary.reference.com,

Proof:

noun
evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.

btw the Jewish people use the spelling G_D because they believe that saying or writing the word is taking the lords name in vain. Of course you can always say(or write) GOD Bless.

I decided to give 3 cents this time.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree with what you said in your post. Also the term proof is not good in a religious debate. A religious person can simply say "God made it that way". Whose to say it wasn't through God's divine intervention that we evolved? Anyway I agree with you that just because we have technology and science to explain the laws of science, does not mean we know how they got there,

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

Here's something to think about.

You see Religion has nothing to do with what happened on Earth; Before human arose.

Humans imply they are special and see god in their Own Image

When God and Religion are just concepts/terms Contrived by man himself
Men Personify themselves as god(Seeing God in their own Image)

Guess you forgot about all the other Planets in the Universe.

Peace.

Thats just my personal Opinion; Although i still leave the possibility of a god and/or Deity Existing; probably not one that answers to the humans from this Earth though.

But i suppose we should leave all variables open to possibility and/or subject to be the case.

(I'm Agnostic)
edit on 19-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

I understand what the individual was saying, but that was so lame. He is saying that the Universe is amazing therefore GOD exists. He argues that GOD is needed to explain the amazingness of the Universe
although I see his point, his point is lame non-the less.

I mean as a Mathematician he should know that the Universe is not random, so why doesn't he use that as evidence to support the existence of GOD?
edit on 19-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by YHWH2

For someone that has such a profound belief in God why does your signature say God 2? Pretty arrogant to say the least. I guess you believe and just don't respect.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Projectats because: Replacing Jehovah with God

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join