It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes even the National Park Service has it's Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ganado, Arizona, on June 9, 2004, a well-armed contingent of National Park Service law enforcement officers and special agents rapped on the door of Billy Gene Malone's home.

While armed with a search warrant specifying a hunt only for financial records, ledgers and receipts, once inside they spent the next 18 hours rooting through the low-slung stucco house and carting away hundreds of Navajo rugs, thousands of pieces of jewelry, and unspecified quantities of cash and checks as Mr. Malone, his wife, and mother-in-law sat quietly on a couch and watched. Nearby, an armed guard stood at the door.

The search was launched at the request of Western National Park Association officials who had accused Mr. Malone, an iconic if not downright historic "Indian Trader" who had spent 20 years working at Hubbell Trading Post National Historical Site, of embezzling from the trading post and forging checks.

How much money did he walk off with??? remember this part...

and carting away hundreds of Navajo rugs

Navajo rugs are highly collectible and one chief's blanket from the 1800's could bring in close to a half million at auction... you do the math when you remember the line

and carting away hundreds of Navajo rugs

why is this story about the Park Service officials and a lowly trading post important???
because it has all the classic elements of corruption bribes pay offs and shear incompetence on a monumental scale

Learn more here

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
old news, alex jones did it in the 90s

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILLUMINATIOPRESS3

so you're telling me Alex Jones did this story back in the 90's...
a story that didn't take place until June 9, 2004.... and has yet to fully conclude???

Wow Alex must be related to Edgar Casey ya think???

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This makes me sick! these people who do this kind of thing are the viliest people there are! I littrally want to get them by the neck and punch them in the head for this big theft that they are doing.
How did the man get away with it after all these years? Surely his wife must have saw all those rugs and pipes and informed the cops.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILLUMINATIOPRESS3

Did you even take a second to read the thread or view the link!? You're 20 post in trying to debunk from 1990's? Come on now....

Informative post Daddybare, I was actively pursuing working with the National Park Service but quickly reached the conclusion that it wasn't the proper fit for me. There is no way I would be able to take the orders to confiscate this mans life's work and savings. I'm sure there may have been some tax implications that were used for the warrant, but this has fraud written all over it. It seems like the term, "innocent until proven guilty," has completely gone out the window these days. Now 7 years later the issue has not been fully resolved, while he and his family have suffered financially ever since. The system sure knows how to keep good people down when they want.
edit on 6/18/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Off and On Topic, is there any news as to what happened to the rugs? Were they auctioned at a police auction that allows the sale of goods found in search and seizure of property gained through crime?

If so, what was the eventual outcome of the charges? Guilty? Or not Guilty?

A not guilty verdict would mean the property was to be returned, correct?

Interesting story. Thanks

S&F

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have no inside info on what happened to the rugs and other things taken...
they may be held in some dusty room somewhere evidence to be used in some future case... or... they might be returned to the tribe... or... they have already been and gone as a featured item on EBay

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is an outrage to me
I am a bit confused as to how the US Govt has any jurisdiction in Ganado, as it is on the reservation therefore within a sovereign nation.
Same goes for the Hubble Trading Post...
Can you please explain that to me?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

The trading post itself was owned by the National Park Service...
therefore all the people who work there, work for the feds...
when a tribal member brings in an item to trade or place on consignment... that thing for a time becomes the property of the United States Government... until it's sold or other wise dispensed with...

The Dine's (Navajo to most) has had this trust for over a 100 years they embraced it as a way to sell their crafts and art to sustain themselves.... but that trust was broken by the thefts... and lots of government officials that should have been protecting the Natives interests, may have taken substantial bribes to look the the other way

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes the National Park Service does have it's own conspiracies, they are UN employees and as you have just pointed out.They have more legal powers than the feds.Research it.National Parks and heritage listed area's belong to the UN.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
These are the treasures of the Elite, so likely they are in a bunker deep underground with a Persian cat watching for mice!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Maybe it is me being too cynical, but I believe that most anyone who strives to power of any kind is corrupt at some level,even if just in their heart. These people are nothing more than corrupt thieves who use their status to commit crimes. It is one of the most deplorable examples of human behavior.

new topics

top topics

join