It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleepwalking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Have you ever sleptwalked? Or have seen someone else do it?

I had a sleep walkikng incident last week. I am under a great deal of stress and had insomnia for a week. So for the first time in my adult life, I was doing things in my sleep, moving pictures apparently, I must of fallen, I dumped my roommates purse on the floor. Well she is pretty freaked out about it. No one more then I; especially since I have huge bruises on me.
I had my sleep med changed to something milder but she wants me to go(her house). I know its not common but I also know its not rare. I have not done it since. I would like to hear other's experiences.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't think I actually get up and walk around my house, but I do something similar to sleepwalking at times. When I first started working on a factory assembly line, I "woke up" to find myself picking stuff out of the trash can next to my bed and tossing it on the floor, lol. This has happened a few other times after a long day of doing anything repetitive.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know much about it but weirdly enough..my 5 year old has recently started sleepwalking and talking. Never done it up until now..so Im puzzled.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have witnessed a lot of actually funny sleep walking stories. My best friend when I was younger would sleep walk nearly every night because of his anxieties.

One night I slept over and he sat up in bed, put his hands on my head for a second and then went back to sleep. In the morning he said he had a dream there was a hedgehog in his bed with him.

Once he thought a chair next to his bed was a urinal while sleep walking, made a big mess.

And the most scary of all was when he thought he was covered in spiders and started hitting at his walls and himself. It was really scary to see somebody lose control like that while sleeping.

And when people say it is dangerous to wake a sleep walker, I know from my own experiences it can be worse if you don't wake them and comfort them.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicStorm

the hedge hog thing is pretty funny.

I tell you, not knowing what happened to you is pretty scarey.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I started sleepwalking at about 8, I would strip my bed and place the duvet n sheets in the corner of the room quite often...oh and waking up in the dark in the hallway was another favourite

Only had one incident as a teen when my boyfriend stopped me trying to open the bedroom window, it freaked him out because apparently I was clawing at it !!

A few years ago I had another incident, woke up to find myself stood on the bed clawing at the walls

So I can fully empathise with any fellow walkers out there.
I sometimes wonder if something happened to me in a past life, maybe I was trapped ??

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Apparently it is common for kids. My brother and I were both sleepwalkers as teens.

top topics

join