It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sucker Punch - Really Surprised Me!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi All,

I just wanted to recommend a great movie i watched lastnight. It really blew me away and was an amzing movie. I would say it is very dark and twisted at time but also has alot of fantasy and CGI elements to it that were fantastic and the cinematograghy blew my mind - Along with the music!!!

It was made by the same people that made Watchmen and 300 although this movie is completely different, it has some similar elements to it and is worth the watch

I give it 4/5 Tin Foil Hats

Sucker Punch - 2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d14acc25448a.jpg[/atsimg]

A young girl is institutionalized by her abusive stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the mental facility.

IMDb - Sucker Punch

The intro to the actual movie is amazing!

edit on 18-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Any coments or feedback

Or is it just a quiet night on ATS or perhaps a lame thread ......

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Since you are asking. It was a lame movie. Watchmen was execelant. Startling. SP though pretty was for me dull and boring. It was like the makers of Watchmen had done such a good job they were given a chance to do it again. Where as I recommend Watchmen to everyone, you are the first I have admitted to that I was even within a mile of a theater that was showing it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It looks like some nice eye candy. I have not seen it but i'm planning to. I like the concept of escaping reality through her imagination. Theres been times i wish i could have done that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You are in a minority my friend. Currently Sucker Punch has garnered an impressive 22% approval.....(note sarcasm on impressive). It is just the formulaic action movie. Lots of action, little merit. But cheers to you for finding a good movie for you. Some of my favorite movies aren't well received at all, but that is what makes us, us!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The over-advertising turned me off it.
Will see it when it's on TV.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Honestly, I did not like it much. It is nothing but a desperate girl who goes into an imaginary world where she has a semblance of control while doing questionable acts(Implied). But that is all you get no more spoilers from me, but you can watch it for yourself here
edit on 19-6-2011 by IPILYA because: spelling errors

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I liked it a lot. Obviously we have similar tastes.

Dark, twisted plotlines leaving you scratching your head. With hot chicks killing giant Samurai demons, Orcs and steam-powered Zombies. Hell yea!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Great visuals, hot gals in hot outfits with guns, swords (even a mech!)....dragons, ninjas...etc.

It's like my high school dreams all in one movie!

I actually really enjoyed this movie, and I'm glad I saw it on the big screen...there are some really epic scenes that just wouldn't be as impressive even on a large TV.

The story is pretty twisted too (and the ending is pretty unexpected)...

top topics

join