It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Mistreatment of Animals in Overseas Slaughter Houses - What have we Become?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILLUMINATIOPRESS3
WOW..AND HUMAN MURDER AND SLAVERY IS LESS IMPORTANT HUH?

This comment was designed to be off putting was it??? No one can comment to be for PRO ANIMAL ABUSE until you have viewed the videos the op posted.

No one on here is saying murder and slavery is right and it took a lot of protests and fights for slavery to become illegal once upon a time in England and USA. Did you know that also once upon a time people (or sheeple) also thought there were more important things than freeing slaves (like that money thing again which is still our problem today).

The people that care about the cruelty of animals are also the same people that care about the victims of murders and slavery because these people have hearts that actually care for others than themselves. So really what was your point?

In indonesia, only the wealthy can afford to eat meat . All this butchering and barbaric slaughtering is being done to provide only the wealthy with meat. So again... it is back to the evil of money and the price of profit.
edit on 18/6/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How is this shocking? We all know that this is happening all around the world.

Im shocked that people are shocked tbh.

I guess humans believe that animals taste better when they die suffering.
edit on 18-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76

So because you already knew everything, it comes as no shock, yet you are shocked at our ignorance. *standing ovation for you* No shock to me this is ATS
edit on 19-6-2011 by dl2one because: shock stock just went down 30 points

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Australia has a part to play in this as the transportation of live animals is cruel in itself.

The whole meat industry needs a huge overhaul imho, maybe the outcome will be that less meat is eaten.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live on a small farm.I work on a large dairy farm,seasonally i work on an organic beef farm and sheep on another.
My community is of course farming, since the four corners report i have not talked to one farmer down here that condones that type of treatment, all support a ban on live cattle shipment.
A lot of the northern stations although privately owned contract the sale of their cattle to multinational companys that buy for export.
Solution - send the stock into the domestic market,drop the price of beef and enjoy a sunday roast.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Although I don't eat meat myself, I do appreciate the farming community (I do eat vegies and grain grown on farms). I am glad animal farmers are for banning the export of live animals. It will not hurt the farming business as shown by New Zealand's example. Slaughter as humanely as possible and then send the frozen meat over to them. As i mentioned before, it is only the wealthy that eat meat over there so why on earth should we be pandering to the same people over there that treat their less wealthy neighbours like crap??? I personally would like to supply their wealthy citizens with ZERO. They had their chance and they have now blown it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SophyC76

It is shocking and the point of this, is that it shouldnt be happening at all.

This is not regular practice here in Australia and in many or most other countries around the world. The clips i posted were only a small part of the documentary and the link in the OP only works in Australia as far as i know, but there was other footage that was even more shocking and disgusting, those youtube clips required age verification to watch! The point is, the animals do feel pain and what i witnessed shoowed they were suffering a massive amount of pain or trauma.

Being made to stand on wet concrete or tiled floors with the goal of having the slip over and in many cases break bones in the legs etc, being beaten, whipped, eyes gauged, even something that almost resembled chinese water torture.

As i said i worked breifly in that industry some years ago and the process should not be that hard or prolonged, even for Halal meats.

Who ever said anything about tasting better after torture? or was that sarcasm?

If anything it's the complete opposite to that, have you ever heard of Kobe or Wagyu beef? Those cows are massaged and treated like kings!
now thats animal welfare

Kobe/Wagyu Beef

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Karma's a bitch people. These low-life assholes that abuse animals will one day find themselves in misery and will wonder why?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just wanted to share a news update i came across today in regard to the suspension or possible ban and plans moving foward -

Cattle trade talks constructive - Monday, June 20, 2011 » 05:32pm

Australia's Agriculture Minister Joe Ludwig has described discussions with Indonesian officials aimed at resuming live cattle exports as constructive.

Speaking as he arrived at the Agriculture Ministry in Jakarta on Monday afternoon, Senator Ludwig said it was hoped the trade would resume as soon as possible.He had spent the morning meeting with Indonesian Trade Minister Mari Pangestu, as well as other officials.

'We've had constructive discussions today,' he said.
'What we're working on of course is a mutually beneficial trade and we (would) certainly appreciate if it can resume as early as possible while maintaining animal welfare outcomes.'

Full Article

Related Articles:

Live Export Ban Viable
Ban Exports - Send Boxed Meat

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Australia has a part to play in this as the transportation of live animals is cruel in itself.

The whole meat industry needs a huge overhaul imho, maybe the outcome will be that less meat is eaten.

They are too powerful. Just ask Oprah how she feels about the beef industry.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Now there is a report on the 6pm news about Sheep exports to Kuwait and the bad treatment of Sheep over there.... they have already banned Sheep exports to Egypt.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if the Muslims in Indonesia know how these cattle are slaughtered.

It does not meet Islamic tradition.

Done by non muslims?????

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thank you havik007 (S+F) for bringing up a topic which after seeing the footage weeks back has woken up alot of people to the inhumane treatment of helpless animals, People are aware that animals are slaughtered so they can eat, what is so wrong about this is that they are being tortured and treated like they are worthless, all because they arent a human being doesent mean they dont feel pain or fear.

Originally posted by illuminatiOpress
You do want to treat animals humanly just before you murder them, sounds reasonable

whats the difference between a serial killer who befriends their victims before killing them or a person who tortures animals before killing them? Which one is a better person in yor eyes? many serial killers start off by kiling animals, a life is a life and an innocent helpless victim wether four legs or two is a victim. Their is a proper way to take a life and a barbaric way, i recommend you watch the footage because it appears as if you havent.

Originally posted by ILLUMINATIOPRESS3
WOW..AND HUMAN MURDER AND SLAVERY IS LESS IMPORTANT HUH?

Nobody said it is less important, but this discussion is not about that, infact human murder and slavery is as equal to that of animal slavery and murder. What would happen to them barbarians if it was humans in the videos and not animals?

Originally posted by SophyC76

It may be happening all around the world but if torture is happening like this and documented then it needs to be stamped out, did you watch the footage? how did it make you feel? have you seen food inc? if not then you should. you dont have to like animals to have a heart and feel something uneasy inside you after seeing something so brutal. all i ask of you as a human being is to try to imagine the fear and pain they must have went through before they died.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Mate still not going far enough,i would like to see the whole live export industry close.In turn process the meat here and send it over keep the farmers happy and create new jobs.
We move stock farm to farm on occasions they dont like getting in the truck,i feel sorry for them then and its only a 20 min trip to fresh grass!
Where there is livestock there is dead stock,we do have to deal at times with some hard decisions,but the way that cattle is treated in indo makes me sick,i had to turn it off.
No living creature deserves that type of punishment.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's disgusting how they're treated.

The argument for live exports are to appease Muslim traditions of halal butchering.

What they're doing in Indonesia is not halal.

The other side of the coin is that banning exports will destroy the Australian beef industry.

Australia can't force Indonesia to kill the animals humanely and I don't understand why these Indonesian 'butchers' are not killing the animals as stated in the Qur'an.

It's a messed up situation, that's for sure.

ChadW

Why don't the Austrailians start up there own slaughter houses and then export to slaughtered / halal meat to Indonesia so as to cut out the unneccessary suffering............. In the West, most people respect the proper and humane requirements .. and if the Indonesians or anyone else doesn't like it. then let them starve ! or at least go without Beef !!

PDUK

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

We do have slaughter houses and the majority can provide Halal meat, i think the cost of slaughtering and then refrigerated transport would cost more than transporting live cattle and then passing the slaughter cost onto the importer country.

I am only speculatiing but that makes sense considering companies always go with the cheapest production and transport cost when possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

No idea why not, it's probably because it's the old story of what the customer wants, the customer get's.

The general public have been kept in the dark for years, so what was being done never get's questioned...the might dollar rules.

The irony of this?

If Australia bans live trade and Indonesia tells us to shove it, which is likely because there will be many other countries chomping at the bit to export live cattle to them, all of the cows meant for trade will probably end up being culled.

If the farmers can't sell them, then it's a waste of money to feed them.

So the cows will be saved from being tortured only to be killed for no reason.

This is truly a double edged sword and the cows are screwed either way.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Where is PETA when you really need them?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ALL 1 can say is as they are being slaughtered the other animals sense it so thats
. Flesh eater and veggie eater, so I would sacrifice eating these creatures for a more nutritious vitamin filled flavored chip or past of some sort if it would help them. But I am sure someone will say they will overpopulated, smh....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am against the raising of animals destined for food as their only use,the fact that they can not be ransomed or ransom themselves no matter what they do is a crime against the life principle and sacredness of everything

that's my complaint, if nothing is sacred and everything must be sacrificed in inconceivably cruel ways because that's business, doesn't and never will wash with me .Business has lots of excuses for being more and more cruel ,wasteful and expensive . I don't need to list example after example ,this is ATS and we talk about this all the time

time to realize that what these houses of horror represent is that ultimately the same disrespect and disregard they show to animals is exactly how they feel about all of us. Life either matters or it doesn't and these business interests don't have a sudden respect and concern for human life as opposed to animals. They will lie about the saftey of the horrible unclean polluted meat that comes from these places as fit for YOU and YOURS.

none is ever to blame when whole countries are affected by tainted factory produced meat ,they just want money and screw you and all life on Earth

that kind of greed and disregard is aberrant and psychotic.

<< 1    3 >>

join