It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comet (or whatever it is) Elenin and Calleman's recalculation of mayan calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i saw it mentioned here before, but noone seemed to pay attention to the facts - looks like people are often so busy looking for disinfo agents that they fail to connect huge, glowing dots.

as some of you are aware, mayan calendar may well not end at december 2012, but at october 2011. for further information, read Carl Johan Calleman's work:

www.calleman.com...

after reading, go to this page:

elenin.org...

So you sigh in silence, exasperated, wondering yet again as to the link between Elenin’s arrival in September-October 2011 and the Mayan prophesized Armageddon in December 2012. To be as brief as possible, the solar dating system that is the Gregorian calendar that you swear by, inherited a number of flaws in them. The most obvious one would be of the missing day every century, owing to the rounding up of 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.25 seconds to 3651/4 days in the Julian calendar that was used before the Gregorian one, which by the 16th century, saw to the ‘disappearance’ of 14 days! In addition, Pope Gregory, who authorized the conversion to the Julian calendar in 1582, shifted the calendar by 11 days, which saw the calendar leap from March 4, 1582 to March 15 the next day. In addition, the new calendar is still losing 30 seconds from the solar cycle annually. Add to the fact that the Julian calendar that was adopted by, who else, Julius Caesar in the eight century made a leap of 67 days to sync with the solar cycle, and upon his death, there were confusions with the methodology involved, with the most damaging being the three years leap years (instead of the now common four). Recalculating the Great Cycle in its entirety against the modern calendar, taking into account the faults and adjustments incorporated into it would reveal that the prophesized date would in fact be on October 28, 2011 – within weeks of Elenin’s projected perihelion, and more alarmingly, within 12 days of its forecasted perigee (closest orbital distance to the center of earth).

thoughts?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I always wondered about this and I think you may be right. After reading Gilbert and Cotterells book `The Mayan Prophecies` . I was under the impression that the big event which the mayans were concerned about, was that the sun would lick the Earth. As one of their photos showed, from Mayan artwork. Only way that could happen is, if there was a huge CME directed towards Earth. This would happen during a solar max. Which we are in I believe.
Any way thanks for the info and post.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

if elenin is, as some believe, a brown dwarf companion of our sun, then it's gravity pull can have additional influence on such CME during it's passing close to the earth in october. perhaps it can even explain some predictions, like a dream one of ATS members posted some time ago, about earth getting more or less burned by the sun. if it really is nibiru, it's influence on sun will be huge.

IF.
edit on 18-6-2011 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

The Hopi say that this great signof change will be marked by a blue star (which really isn't a star) this comet could fit that bill..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes with whats happening all over the world, earthqukes and volcanoes. Then just about anything could be about to occur. I didnt realise that a CME could be affected by its passing. No wonder govts are building seed banks and DUMBs all over the place. As some one just mentioned, elenin could be the marker or sign that we are meant to look for. Well if thats the case, then its been spotted. So I guess we had best just get ready for the worst and hope for the best, as the saying goes.
I always thought that the 2012 date was disinfo by the govt, so that we would be caught unexpectedly. Whilst `they` retreated to their safe bunkers. Perhaps start a war and while we are all squabbling and fighting amongst our selves. They could disapear in the confusion. It makes one think when we look arround the world and see whats occurring. Earthqukes, volcanoes and also other weather related events. Then the political and economic state of affairs.
Maybe id best just take my tin foil hat off and watch more TV.
Go to sleep every thing is alright.
The govt is looking afer you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

The Hopi say that this great signof change will be marked by a blue star (which really isn't a star) this comet could fit that bill..

The Blue Star was Comet Holmes when it entered the Solar System and exploded, it became the largest object in our solar system. For 2 days you could see it with the naked eye as a blue star in the sky.

Hopi Blue Star was in 2007. It blew the SNOT out of the asteroid belt and spun up all those asteroids sending them our way and into the sun. Those are what we've been watching strike the sun in the SOHO satellite pictures and causing bursts from the sun.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

dwelling-place - that can't be a comet. either nibiru (or one of its moons actually - i highly doubt brown dwarf having a gravity few times greater than jupiter can be habitable), or something much smaller, like ISS. personally i think it may be about ISS falling down - it's all about change, not total destruction, and that's what direct collision with one of nibiru's moons would be.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
reply to post by illuminnaughty

if elenin is, as some believe, a brown dwarf companion of our sun,

Here is the flaw in the plan. Elenin is a comet, not a brown dwarf.
Once people can accept that then we can move along. If there was a brown dwarf inside our solar system it would be more than noticeable.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by mb2591

The Blue Star was Comet Holmes when it entered the Solar System and exploded, it became the largest object in our solar system. For 2 days you could see it with the naked eye as a blue star in the sky.

Hopi Blue Star was in 2007. It blew the SNOT out of the asteroid belt and spun up all those asteroids sending them our way and into the sun. Those are what we've been watching strike the sun in the SOHO satellite pictures and causing bursts from the sun.

Nothing could be further from the truth, because if it were we would not be killing people and we would not be poisoning people!

The Blue Star Kachina will take his mask off in the Plaza for "all to see". I have yet to meet a single person who saw this happen, let alone see Holmes at all! No one noticed Holmes except those that had the technology to do so and Holmes was green and did not take off its mask!

When every human can stand outside and see for themselves with their own eyes, then the Blue Star Kachina can be announced!

I am pretty sure when we enter the Tail of Elenin, coupled with Honda, coupled with the latest comet (there are three of them), then we will see it for what it really is!

Holmes was just a comet!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

as far as i know, comet should be more easily visible than brown dwarf that emits mainly infrared waves, at least to non-astronomers. we all know what we're being told, and we're more often than not being lied to. there's 99,9% chance that you haven't seen it and that you have as much proof that it's a comet that i have that it's a brown dwarf - zero. so stop pretending that your claims are absolute facts and stop disinforming people.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The disinfo lies with you if you are making claims there is a brown dwarf in the neighborhood, It would be easily visible to the naked eye if it was in our solar system. Just like any of the gas giants it would reflect the light from our sun, Jupiter and Saturn are easily visible to our eye just like any other large object would be.
As for the comet, well that's easily verifiable for anyone to see for themselves. Even if you don't have your own telescope go to a local star party and ask, astronomers are a friendly bunch they will show you the comet.
There is a mountain of info and data including pictures of this comet, and once it becomes visible again in my region I will aim to spot it as well.
Educate yourself a little before making ludicrous claims.
edit on 18-6-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i'm not making claims, you are. i'm presenting theories, accompanied with big IF.
and you're saying i'm disinfo agent - give me a break.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A theory has some sort of evidence behind it. The theory you are using does not. It is nothing but a claim. An erroneous claim which is constantly repeated by those who want Elenin to be anything but a rather unremarkable comet. This makes it disinfo. It is completely wrong. Repeating disinfo does not make you an "agent", it makes you a victim.

Under the spectrum of the Sun, a brown dwarf would have a bond albedo similar to that of Jupiter and Neptune (Fig. 9).
iopscience.iop.org...

Brown dwarfs are like gas giant planets, only more massive. Another gas giant anywhere near of the orbit of Saturn would be plainly visible in the night sky.

edit on 6/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
reply to post by pazcat

i'm not making claims, you are. i'm presenting theories, accompanied with big IF.
and you're saying i'm disinfo agent - give me a break.

This is the thing though, your big IF, and I appreciate that it's an IF, is easily dismissed with just a little knowledge which is where the IF turns from a plausible possibility to a work of fiction or fantasy.
And yes, even though your claims are backed by this mystical IF word they are still claims.
And unsubstaintiated at that.

This comet is behaving like every other comet, perfectly predictable and eaasily verifiable.
Like I said loads of amatures are photographing and seeing this exactly the way it is expected look and be.
It's only going to be a dim comet so it is unlikely it will be very bright at all.
edit on 18-6-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamsteryou have as much proof that it's a comet that i have that it's a brown dwarf - zero. so stop pretending that your claims are absolute facts and stop disinforming people.

Well the gravitational forces of a brown dwarf entering our solar system would be more than enough proof it was a brown dwarf, while a comet, that because of released gasses appears twice the size of Jupiter does not have enough mass to create major gravitational disruptions... I would say it is easy enough to tell a comet from a dwarf star.

As to Nibiru... invented by the late (RIP) Sitchin... I wonder... has anyone actually READ his books? Because if you had you would know when he said Nibiru would come...

“Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this
close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons, Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600- year orbit”

Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

2900 AD not 2012

In Sitchin's own words... that is 892 years away...

Comet 17PHolmes

Images credit NASA

Comet Neat 2003(2001) captured by SOHO

But Comet Elenin won't even be spectacular... just a dirty snowball that will be barely visible

How does a NASA scientist define cometary wimpiness?

"We're talking about how a comet looks as it safely flies past us," said Yeomans. "Some cometary visitors arriving from beyond the planetary region – like Hale-Bopp in 1997 -- have really lit up the night sky where you can see them easily with the naked eye as they safely transit the inner-solar system. But Elenin is trending toward the other end of the spectrum. You'll probably need a good pair of binoculars, clear skies, and a dark, secluded location to see it even on its brightest night."

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'll be back in October so you can explain to me why nothing happened

edit on 18-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

join