It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i911 - Are Hacker Attacks False Flag Attacks to Justify a Crackdown on the Internet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

just fyi for ur background data.

In it's infancy stage, both
wikileaks and anon were of
Chinese origins. wikileaks
still has 2 Chinese nationals
on it's executive board.
And the writer of the 256-bit
encryption algorithm for the
wikileaks insurance file
worked for the NSA.

Assange was brought on board
as a PR Spokesman after about
a yr.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Because the gov is a shiny bastion of morality and honor, and has always been a big supporter of equality(separate but equal, 1/3 vote) .... Blah blah blah yeah these are the ass clowns I want determining net neutrality.

That is why government regulation is bad it means bigger bloated gov that we pay for and all it does is infringe on out rights.

In a free market if Verizon throttles the Internet sites of ppl that won't pay for mor bandwidth that effects the customer so the customer is free to find service that doesn't. You may not like it but that's free market, it's what we supposedly believe in here in the u.s. But if you prefer a nanny state where they take care of all your problems keep buying the lies you are being fed.

Isn't it funny how they have gotten us to cry out today for the chains that will imprison us tomorrow?
edit on 18-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dang, I should had more stars on the post I said this the first time.
First thing I taught was that it was staged "attacks". Pretty obvious.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The NSA controls all encryption algorithm and software through a patent process. And the companies are then allowed to release to the public. It gives them a backdoor into everything. Wikileaks pushed salting and multiple processes of encrypting because then it would make it difficult for them to crack the encryption. And it changed there easy software crack program from a push of the button to a how did they do this? Password recovery tools are not that simply when a hacker uses things in unexpected ways by using multiple types and deleting tags that say what software was used.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

This is all fake.

Real hackers are not going to hack malaysia or orlando. WTF does an american care about malaysia or orlando?

Come on.
edit on 18-6-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

here is some info

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

tie the wiki's in with what boon is saying.....its all about WHO benefits the most from the language of law.
I already posted a Wikipedia link to the Network Neutrality page to show that it wasn't anything like what they were saying, because they were referring to the NN laws, not the actual principle of NN, but didn't make that clear.

Now the second link is has some good info, but again, I can't see anywhere where it collaborates with "what boon is saying". Where does it have anything to do with violating our privacy under the guise of NN:

Five failed attempts have been made to pass bills in Congress containing some network neutrality provisions. Each of these bills sought to prohibit Internet services providers from using various variable pricing models based upon the user's Quality of Service level. Described as tiered service in the industry and as price discrimination by some economists, typical provisions in the bill state "[Broadband service providers may] only prioritize...based on the type of content, applications, or services and the level of service purchased by the user, without charge for such prioritization".[2]

secure.wikimedia.org...

note there is no law yet.....that is the essence of the hack attacks.....

false flags will satisfy the lawmakers along with other "security" features.....like bribes.

the outside security contractors will make big(ger) money if they are proven to be "necessary".
That is exactly what I said in my first response to this thread, you don't need to explain it again to me in a different way.

edit on 18-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by JBA2848

just fyi for ur background data.

In it's infancy stage, both
wikileaks and anon were of
Chinese origins. wikileaks
still has 2 Chinese nationals
on it's executive board.
And the writer of the 256-bit
encryption algorithm for the
wikileaks insurance file
worked for the NSA.

Assange was brought on board
as a PR Spokesman after about
a yr.

ah about time someone mentioned those boys at the nsa, to much fbi and cia talk, made some people slightly depressed that their work was not being applauded.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well im limited to 150g a month now by Bellsouth. They sent me a email saying I might go over and get charged extra for going over and they offered some sign up program to monitor how much traffic im using.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well im limited to 150g a month now by Bellsouth. They sent me a email saying I might go over and get charged extra for going over and they offered some sign up program to monitor how much traffic im using.
Wouldn't they have to monitor your traffic to know you went over? Every ISP I know of monitors your traffic/bandwidth usage. I'm not following you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Business needs to be allowed to fail with out the government stepping in, You honestly think when your favorite site gets no bandwidth people will sit by and keep their provider?

This happen to me before when my old dial up provider started blocking sites due to bandwidth they required, so I switched to DSL, and from DSL to Cable, to Cable to Fiber, and what ever comes next.

The free market does work with out regulation if you let it.

YOUR thinking is the same thinking that brought the bail outs, the thought that gov should protect business from their own bad choices.

I say bring internet throttling all it will do is cause a new competitor to the internet to arise, either a new infrastructure or new FREE providers who have free access to information.

How huge of a marketing gimmick would your company have if it was truly free access to information (not price, but i mean no restrictions)

Less regulation not more is the answer, regulation is why some people don't have broad band now, because companies are allowed limited monopolies based on areas.
edit on 18-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So now it's regulating bandwidth? I'm just going to have to read these proposed NN laws myself, because nobody here has a darn clue what they really involve from what I can gather. I'm off for the night. Over and out.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

They want me to download software and sign up for me to monitor how much traffic I use so I don't go over and get charged extra. They are already monitoring my traffic. I would say they would give me a meter of some kind to give me a total traffic this month hopeing I could cut back when I get low on gigs left.

www.att.com...=lY9qfYeFXq9

Broadband Usage FAQs
Are there any usage limits for my broadband service?
Yes. As of May 2, 2011, AT&T's residential DSL High Speed Internet plans will have a usage allowance of 150 Gigabytes ("GB") per month, and its residential U-verse High Speed Internet plans will have a usage allowance of 250 Gigabytes ("GB") per month. The usage allowance is the amount of data you can send and receive each month.

Why is AT&T implementing a usage allowance?
AT&T has experienced a dramatic increase in the amount of data that is sent and received over its wireline broadband networks. This dramatic increase is driven primarily by a small fraction of our customers. In fact, the top 2% of customers use about 20% of the total capacity on our network. A single high traffic user can utilize the same amount of data capacity as 19 typical households. Lopsided usage patterns can cause congestion at certain points in the network, which can slow Internet speeds and interfere with other customers' access to and use of the network.

How will AT&T help me to monitor my usage?
AT&T will provide a website with two options to assist customers in managing their High Speed Internet usage.

First, AT&T will provide a personal usage report at www.att.com/internet-usage. Customers can click on "View my usage" where they can view their actual usage in a given month from the January 2011 bill cycle to the most recent billing cycle. To protect confidential customer information, this site is password-protected. The login process requires your Internet access login and password. The login is your AT&T primary account email address (e.g., [email protected]). The password is the same password used to access your att.net homepage and primary email account.

AT&T initially will report usage data on a weekly basis. When a customer uses 70% of their monthly usage allowance, we will supplement their personal usage report on a daily basis. A customer's usage will be posted on the website within 1 - 4 days after it is collected.

Second, AT&T will provide a website with examples of what kind of Internet activity can impact your actual usage. In addition, on the same site AT&T will provide a usage calculator, which will enable customers to input data about how they typically use their Service and calculate an estimate of how much data they are likely to use in a given month. This website will be available in late April 2011.

I can't seem to access the usage tool. What should I do?
Many of our customers have access to this tool already. For those who don't today, until you're able to log in and view your usage on www.att.com/internet-usage, you should not be concerned about your usage patterns for billing purposes. Once the tool is available, you will be notified if you exceed your allowance.

www.att.com...
edit on 18-6-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They want me to download software and sign up for me to monitor how much traffic I use so I don't go over and get charged extra.
HAHAHA...what kind of lame ass ISP are you using. That is beyond ridiculous. You should be able to log into your account on their website and see exactly how much you've used. You should NEVER need to install ISP software on your computer.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

See do you even know what its about?

Net neutrality was brought up because of internet throttling, say Comcast doesn't like pirate bay, they can chose to slow down all traffic through them to their. If they want more bandwidth they can charge individual websites like ATS to increase the flow of internet traffic.

OR lets say ATS post anti-Verizon information and Verizon doesn't like it, so they cut ATS off. On the surface this is what NN is about.

But like Boondocks said its just a door way into further regulation of our freedoms.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I think you hit the nail right on the head my friend.

That makes perfect sense. The internet is a source of self education and free media, which is a huge threat to the "brainwashing" media, and the crap lined tongues of the government etc...

They are just looking for ways to take your rights away. Make up bullcrap excuses, create false threats, etc.

Thanks.
edit on 18-6-2011 by BanMePlz because: language

edit on 18-6-2011 by BanMePlz because: language

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Timely tidbit of news re internet freedom link here

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
20 days?? Didn't know it was that fast lol but I believe it!! This gov't is so f;ed up it is not even legal! How about the lizard people, and the early birds, and the stuff in the air?? And ALLLLL the UFO's.. what is up with the world lately??

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

If anyone is stupid to fall for this then they really don’t know about computers. Between the hackers and anti-hackers, along with protection systems, it would be a waste of time trying to conduct a false flack operation to the internet.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Anonymous group will attack and the government will pass laws. The cia most certainly has a mole within hacker circles ensuring this occurs. The government cannot stop hackers though. Internet will not be the same. More firewalls.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

This is all fake.

Real hackers are not going to hack malaysia or orlando. WTF does an american care about malaysia or orlando?

Come on.
edit on 18-6-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

define "real hackers"
this might help to clarify the rationale for some "cyber incidence".
most "hacking" lately has commercial reasons (espionage, credit card data theft, security blackmailing),
the impact of the "noble hackers" who hack without causing other than psychological damage is almost gone.

i for one tend to believe a lot of recent attacks actually serve policy strategies and are being ordered by governments

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join