It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Barack Obama 'overruled top legal advice'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Barack Obama overruled the advice of administration lawyers in deciding the US could continue participating in the Libya conflict without congressional approval, The New York Times reports.

The White House insists the president did not need congressional approval to authorise US support for Nato's mission, because the military campaign is limited in scope.

Critics argue the action violates a Vietnam War-era law limiting military action without congressional approval to 60 days.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Where are our soldiers on this? Why is the military continuing to follow 'illegal' orders? Seems to me that the military needs to stand down.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
He's so used to flouting the law that he thinks he is impervious. I would hope Boehner would move to impeach him on this issue, but they're golfing together today, so Fat Chance, imo.

link   
triple post
edit on 18-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl post
edit on 18-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
A megalomaniac never needs to permission from anyone to do anything. Just ask Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, Pol Pot...you get the picture.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
As long as we are there in an advisorial role and not actively engaged in theatre there the War Powers Act is nullified. The drones that are being used are on loan to NATO.

edit on 18-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
A megalomaniac never needs to permission from anyone to do anything. Just ask Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, Pol Pot...you get the picture.

/TOA

Really? Are you kidding me? He's is nothing like those idiots and tyrants. Before you slam him you better slam 43 as he caused a whole lot of this mess we are in but if we were in say, Iran this would be a non issue and you'd be jumping for joy celebrating. This is the hypocrisy of the entire right's argument.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

/TOA

Really? Are you kidding me? He's is nothing like those idiots and tyrants. Before you slam him you better slam 43 as he caused a whole lot of this mess we are in but if we were in say, Iran this would be a non issue and you'd be jumping for joy celebrating. This is the hypocrisy of the entire right's argument.

He's exactly like them, but if I put every dictator in my post, I'd still be typing. So, for your peace of mind, here are others:

Woodrow Wilson
Franklin Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower
John Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Ronald Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush

Is that better? Obomba is no better than any of them, either. But comparable to all in the way he wields power that he doesn't legally have.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

www.paulmcguire.org... about this,,,,read 3 of my threads on obama and the one world order, Henry Kissinger helping him and others

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

/TOA

He's exactly like them, but if I put every dictator in my post, I'd still be typing. So, for your peace of mind, here are others:

Woodrow Wilson
Franklin Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower
John Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Ronald Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush

Is that better? Obomba is no better than any of them, either. But comparable to all in the way he wields power that he doesn't legally have.

/TOA

Dictators are the likes of the following :
Benito Mousilini
Vladimir Lenin
Adolf Hitler
Napolean Boneparte
Pol Pot
Mao Zedong

Read the following page and perhaps learn something.
Courtesy of Glace Bay High School - Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
www.cbv.ns.ca...

So, when the legal COMMANDER IN CHIEF uses his authourity vested to him legally it's a problem when he protects a bunch of Africans but if he engaged Iran you'd be all for it. You are a severly misinformed hypocrite of the highest order.
edit on 19-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

I guess if he asks enough people for their opinion then he will eventually find some that agree with what he intended to do all along.

new topics

top topics

join