It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's Karzai: US 'in peace talks with Taliban'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The US is engaged in talks with the Taliban, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said, in the first high-level confirmation of US involvement.

Mr Karzai said that "foreign military and especially the US itself" were involved in peace talks with the group.

Earlier this month, US Defence Secretary Robert Gates said there could be political talks with the Taliban by the end of this year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

nbsrocks.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

What about the women

Taliban won't accept peace as long as foreigners are occupying their homeland, Karzai is wish talking because he knows if US goes, he has to follow them to follow them to America.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
...Here's a perspective for you.

The PRESIDENT of the country... is telling us that ANOTHER NATION is engaging in peace talks with a rogue faction within his own nation.

I mean, how much more blatantly can you admit to being an ineffective puppet of someone else?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i think this is him trying to free up the troops

for other wars

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
We will not negotiate with terrorists, hahaha. Isn't that a weird source? Shouldn't we have gotten this information elsewhere? Another ridiculous finding that I wouldn't put past our government.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hopefully though we leave very soon. This war cost us billions.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I do understand that the war in Afghanistan has cost us Billions of dollars, and everybody want's to get out of it, but I just can't shake the feeling that when we leave afghanistan the Taliban will easily take the country back over.

They are just waiting for it. Why would'nt you? It just makes too much sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Hopefully though we leave very soon. This war cost us billions.

Hey, who cares if the war has costed tens if not hundreds of thousands of lives, we care more about money, you know. Bring the troops home not because they are causing the death of thousands, but rather because the war is not profitable anymore.

Some people make me sick.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
We will not negotiate with terrorists, hahaha. Isn't that a weird source? Shouldn't we have gotten this information elsewhere? Another ridiculous finding that I wouldn't put past our government.

Pakistani officials broke this story back in April, when I posted it in the "Alt. Breaking News" forum using a diiferent title ("U.S. Negotiating to Cede South to Taliban in Afghanistan") from the one given it by the American press:
"Peace Gets A New Chance in Afghanistan."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Despite complete silence from president Barack Obama and seeming indifference from the State Department, Asia Times Online is reporting that the U.S. and NATO forces have secretly agreed to cede several former Southwestern Province strongholds to the Taliban as part of a wide-ranging peace initiative.

The agreement calls for the Taliban to assume responsibility or the Southwestern provinces, while Afghanistan takes control of the North, with NATO providing continuing support.

The agreement resulted in the reported release by Pakistan of several Taliban leaders captured during the conflict and insurgency. These include the brother of slain Taliban leader Mullah Dadullah.

NATO forces, which had formerly stepped-up anti-Taliban raid in the Spring, have apparently abandoned those programs and are in fact visibly reducing their presence and support for alliance forces in the South.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, with the ATS mods requirement for "exact titles unless they are misleading," the story never received the attention it deserved, even though the falsity/deception in the MSM title couldn't come to light until now.

Just think, ATS could've been on the vanguard of a far-reaching story if only the mods had permitted it to go forward with what the story really was about, but for blind adherence to "T&Cs" that don't always make complete sense - unless you are able to read between the lines of twhat the MSM and the Obama administration want you to know!

As originally told in the Asian Press,

All major anti-Taliban operations have been suspended in the southwestern Afghan provinces of Kandahar, Zabul, Helmand and Uruzgan, the Taliban's spiritual heartland, as an international reconciliation process gathers pace, an Asia Times Online investigation has found.

This was confirmed ... by multiple sources, including the Afghan Ministry of Interior and Taliban commanders in Kandahar.

www.atimes.com...

I don't want to push hits to my original thread, but if you want to see all the extra links and other "sources" who weren't afraid to tell the truth about American capitulation to the Taliban butchers, you might want to check the post:

Peace Gets A New Chance in Afghanistan

I hate to say, "I told you so;" but, I told you so!

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy
I do understand that the war in Afghanistan has cost us Billions of dollars, and everybody want's to get out of it, but I just can't shake the feeling that when we leave afghanistan the Taliban will easily take the country back over.

They are just waiting for it. Why would'nt you? It just makes too much sense.

Sure. That is exactly what happened in Pakistan when the givernment negotiated "peace" with the Taliban in 2007, and again in 2008.

They ignored their agreement, violated its terms and set about enforcing radical Islam and Sharia law. Schools destroyed, women flogged, men murdered; all as they moved to dominate the Swat Valley and beyond.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is absolutely, flipping ridiculous! Not even an unconditional "surrender" of the Taliban would end "peace talks". These guys are close minded and anti-peace. How do you deal with a collective like that?

I see no good can come from this, and perhaps some marginal bad. I'd really hate to see a new string of Taliban attacks because they won't get what they want from these "peace talks".

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How can we trust anything the Taliban says? They are terrorist after all.

new topics

top topics

join