It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Religion is to blame.

While it is the Moslems who generally receive most of the condemnation; strikingly similar passages are fond in all of the monotheistic texts. The Old Testament advocates the death penalty via stoning in several places though it is generally used for humans not sure about animals. For example:

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

...You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

The difference between say Islam and Christianity or Judaism is that while these texts have remarkably similar passages, Moslems believe these words to be from God and take them literally...

Though they claim to be religious, I would argue that Christians and Jews have evolved past their religious texts rejecting much of this direction. Somehow it needs to be communicated to the Moslems, that these books were for a different time or were not meant to be taken literally or that we need to pick and choose what we like and dont like.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has answered this, and please forgive me if they have, but I don't think Jews believe in reincarnation, do they? Are you sure this isn't a hoax of some sort?

/TOA

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's not a hoax insofar as it was reported in a newspaper - but the newspaper has retracted the story and apologised for the offence caused - www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Orthodox Jews believe in reincarnation, heterodox typically do not.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
“Those nutjobs are RABBIS?”
“Orthodox Judaism in the modern sense is as extreme as fundamental Islam”
“This was not a random idiot looking for a thrill, this was a court.”
“But seriously I'm intrigued about the judge asking local children to do the stoning. Whats that about.”
“Rabbis are sick bastards”
“Does anyone actually believe this is an isolated case? It simply a small window seeing into the actions and workings of the area.”
“Jews and their religion are prone to be just as idiotic as the latter religions.”
“I don't know if anyone else has answered this, and please forgive me if they have, but I don't think Jews believe in reincarnation, do they? Are you sure this isn't a hoax of some sort? “

Given that the story is false (see later comments in this thread for sources), the above quoted comments are offensive. They are knee-jerk reactions - ask yourself: given such a story, why would your reaction be so hateful rather than, "Gosh, I wonder if this story is accurate".

You were assuming that the story was true presumably because it came from the BBC. As a long-term follower of the BBC both online and on-air, I concluded long ago that they have a strong anti-Israel bias. Now I see that they have an anti-Jewish bias as well.

A few facts about this BBC story:

1. The original story links to a YNET story (YNET.com is the English online site of an Israeli daily). When you read the ynet story, you can see how the BBC version completely distorts the original.
2. The BBC's follow-up "denial" story states that the original report was in Haaretz (contradicting original BBC story) but no link or even date to substantiate it.
3. Searching the BBC website for "rabbis dog" produces the original libelous story but not the denial!
4. The original story was illustrated with this cute-as-a-button puppy photo, making the alleged event all the more sinister: newsvote.bbc.co.uk...:scale+130+73.jpg
(note, after I wrote a long msg to the editor the photo was removed, but you can still see it if you search their site for the story)
5. They then added the denial story on the news feed. Because it doesn't include a retraction nor apology by the BBC, it merely perpetuates the libelous tilt, and one comes to the conclusion that the website editors are either malicious or incompetent. The only way to change this perception would be an equally visible retraction and appropriately contrite apology.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sort of. The BBC did not apologize. And it's not clear who their source was. Look at the original story, they don't cite the same source, and their actual source (YNET) tells a very different story than what the BBC told.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
THE STORY WAS RETRACTED.
Shouldn't the title of this thread also be retracted?

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not even the Taliban do this kind of insanity.

Yes they do.
Islam and dogs

The Prophet said, "Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one." [Muslim, Narrated AbuDharr: "...The black dog is a devil."]

Muhammad had some serious mental health issues with dogs. Dog phobia or something.

A few of the 'Action items" suggested for Muslims -
(From the same source)

Do not allow a dog in your house as a pet or any other non-necessary reason.

When you hear a dog bark at night, say "audhu billah" ("I seek refuge in Allah").

Do not own a dog unless used for hunting, or as a guard dog to people or animals such as cattle, or any other necessary reason such as a help to the blind, etc.

Kill a dog that is pure black. Take the pure black dog to the dog pound; they automatically "put down" (i.e. "put to sleep", kill) a dog after a few weeks of no-one claiming the dog.

Muhammad and the dogs

And then there are the videos of the Taliban USING POISON GAS on dogs . Remember those?

And then there are the poor doggies used as suicide bombers by by Al Qaeda -
Story Here

Ya' want more? I remember a story about cows and donkeys being used as suicide bombers ....
Probably could go dig those up as well ...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And then there are the videos of the Taliban USING POISON GAS on dogs . Remember those?

I remember those, and what about it?

There were also claims that Saddam had WMDs... and that he had "mobile"chemical weapon laboratories... and that al-qaeda were holed up in sophisticated caves with air-conditioning.... all of which were on the news, but none of which turned out to be true.

whats your point??

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEINFELD613

Sort of. The BBC did not apologize.

and why would they, since they were reporting news claimed by others and said so?

And it's not clear who their source was.

The source of the report, Israel's Maariv newspaper, apologised for its headline and for any offence caused.

Seems pretty clear

edit on 21-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I wonder if they were under any pressure from any jewish religious officials.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I remember those, and what about it? .... whats your point??

Are you serious?
Here ... I'll SPOON FEED you ....

1 - The story about the dogs being used IS TRUE. Click on the link provided.
2 - The OP sais that not even the taliban is that cruel to dogs ... I showed that they are indeed that cruel, even more so.
3 - I gave information that shows the Taliban and the terrorists are cruel, at least in part, due to the cult they are in and that their cult founder - Muhammad - had some mentally unstable ideas about dogs being evil.

There. I spoon fed it to you. Got it yet?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This petty gossip is beneath you.

For this to receive 13 flags truly means this forum is an all time low.

This is just as absurd and pathetic as those "Arabs are evil" threads, this de-legitimizing of Israel/Palestine is disgusting.

Eliad.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhh the dogs of the Middle East.

The Middle Eastern People by and large hate dogs.

I use to frequent a website I believe in Lebanon.

They have shooting practice on Tuesdays at the local garbage dump...........with dogs as the "target" this is their solution to animal control and I saw the pictures of dogs not put down totally but left to bleed out in pain.

A bear they watched chained to a roof that cried for years no shelter, very little food or water, finally died.

I could go on and on ................ our animals here in America are far better off, even the ones abused.

Over there the Middle East clearly hate particularly dogs, they consider them "devils" or "unclean spirits".

Finally could not stand the website anymore, too depressing and nothing I could personally do to help.

In my own small way, we adopted a dog scheduled to be gassed in Georgia.

We each do what we can do.

And yes, the forgotten dogs of the Middle East - if you reincarnate, pray you don't incarnate as a dog in the Middle East.

They are tortured and hated over there.

Personally, and everyone has their own quirks - I judge a person by how they treat those weaker than them.

You're either a protector or bully.

I chose protector. (Animals, children, elderly, handicapped, disabled)
edit on 2-7-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join