It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

And I quote,
"A Jewish rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a stray dog".
This was not a random idiot looking for a thrill, this was a court.
I know you are not paid opposition as they can usually drum up and angle or at least a good argument.
Good try kid, practice practice practice.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
reply to post by g146541

So that Soldiers that threw the puppy does not represent YOU, but the crazy Rabbi's represent the whole of Israel? R i g h t, I understand!

The old shell game ehh Phooey! Are you condemning the actions of this rabbi or are you happy derailing the topic to deflect attention from the crime in question?

IRM

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
this is sick.

All in the name of some flying spagetti monster, why people follow this tripe I'll never know... MOAR KILLING MOAR BLOOD AND THE SPAGETTI MONSTER SHALL BE HAPPY.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Calm down will you.
Some (very dumb) kids threw stones at the dog near the rabbi's court. The rabbi heard about it and called the Israeli SPCA.
The dog is alive and well.

If you know Hebrew, than there are plenty of sources on that story to clarify what had happened.
Oh and... get a life...

For the record only about 5% of the worlds population has a life, the rest is owned

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
..... sorry for laughing, couldn't help it.

It beggars belief how some people think. And to think there are those who see ATS posters as having some crazy ideas. Methinks we have a way to go yet.

But seriously I'm intrigued about the judge asking local children to do the stoning. Whats that about. One would think if a court has the power to order a stoning they should have an official stoner to carry out the the sentence, not be asking some kids to carry out the dirty work for them.

Maybe it was just a very hot day in Jerusalem that day and folk were a bit dolally.

Is there a bounty on the dog's head ?

Everytime that Judge hears a dog barking he must crap himself

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Turn your kids into killers cause TPTB don't have the sack to do it themselves.

This has been common practice for thousands of years...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If true, they should probably change it from saying "A Jewish rabbinical court" to just "A court" because that type of reincarnation wasn't originally a teaching in Judaism. That belief came later in the Kabbalah which if you research is just another new age religion.

Kabbalah is basically an OLD version of what we would today call new age religion. It's not the original, but it pretends to be.

It's a modified version typically created for the purpose of zodiac or sun worship or other things that the original religion forbid. Like how astrology, and sun worship was forbidden in Judaism en.wikipedia.org...

You just make up a new age offshoot religion and do it anyway. Overtime the beliefs cross over to the original because people get confused because even though it's a different new religion, they claim it is the same religion.

This is how you get people like the Pope and Oprah saying Jesus isn't the only way to eternal life even though Jesus himself said the exact opposite. www.youtube.com...

They're just confused. Doesn't know if she believes in Christianity or the modern new age version that people CALL Christianity that preaches stuff like "The secret" and elevates man claiming that man has the power instead of God. Exactly the opposite of the original religion. But it's not her fault, they're both called Christianity lol. Who knew they were actually two different religions called Christianity?
thesecret.tv...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Worst part is. If you think these people are so stupid for stoning a dog, then ask yourself? Why have you done the same thing? WE'VE ALL FALLEN VICTIM TO IT one way or another and we're all just as dumb as they are.

Yes, this is how you end up with a bunch of Jewish people believing a lawyer got reincarnated as a dog. But this is also the same way people end up doing things like celebrating Christ's birthday on the solstice instead in the fall and all hoping Satan < Or wait, I'm sorry, Santa! Will bring you goodies on his sleigh instead of Saint Nick and why the Catholic Church put sun symbols around the head of Jesus in all the art work. Then they just X-ed out Jesus entirely and called it Xmas. TADA!

Anyway, that's kind of a rant, but the point is, this has been going on for ever and Judism has fallen victim to it as well as most other religions.

People get confused and don't realize they're not actually practicing their religion anymore, their practicing some new age thing. They mix and match their faith and end up doing stupid stuff. Like stoning a stupid dog.

More than likely Kabbalah is to blame here, and not Judaism. But the people are just confused and uneducated. However, don't be too hard on em.

It may seem stupid now, but remember, that same stupidity drives fourth quarters sales for the economy all around the world in December. Merry Christ mass! Or um, X-mass? Uhhhh. Happy Holidays!?????

Ah screw it, I'll see you all next Kwanzaa!
edit on 19-6-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Appreciate your dog from a Jewish point of view.

Sheesh. This was obviously just a Palestinian dog. (Rabbis can tell, you know.)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Poor dog would have to smoke an awful lot to die from it, even if it is toxic to dogs.

BTW, there is no reason to demand anyone "get over it". If the rabbi's factually made this decision, it is fair for discussion. It is a stupid decision to make. To the poster who arrogantly stated that knowing hebrew would clear it all up...put up or shut up. All you have to do is enlighten those unable to read hebrew. Or just be smug, whichever.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It was a rabbi court...which means nothing.The rabbis are NOT judges like ours in the west.It is called judge, it is called court, but they are not part of a juridical system.

Not to mention that those rabbis are those 5% ultrareligious extremists that Israel have.And i am quite sure that almost every country on this planet have a 5% extremist minority, and many have even organiztions that have ''courts'' and ''judges'', but they not part of a juridical system.

Get over with it.Don't blame Israel for what some nutso did.
Oh, and if Israel will ban those ultrareligious, everyone will say :''look, Israel is in fact a tyranny, not a democracy!they don't allow freedom of religion, sex, etc''.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Rabbis are sick bastards

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

These are not typical rabbis.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation as fact. Nature recycles, as does the souls and other metaphysical energy. Rabbis, are very notorious for their abalities of the Kabbalah and other Jewish Magic. IT would not surprise me if they were right!!!!! But the end result does not need to happen

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by Vitchilo

If true, they should probably change it from saying "A Jewish rabbinical court" to just "A court" because that type of reincarnation wasn't originally a teaching in Judaism. That belief came later in the Kabbalah which if you research is just another new age religion.

Kabbalah is
edit on 19-6-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

I must add something. The belief of reincarnation is far older than you think. Many Jewish observers during the age of Jesus thought that John the baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah. Reincarnation is nothing new. The kabbala was created during the medieval era. Great religion imo. I do consider gnostic and kabbalah as the same

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I believe in reincarnation as fact. Nature recycles, as does the souls and other metaphysical energy. Rabbis, are very notorious for their abalities of the Kabbalah and other Jewish Magic. IT would not surprise me if they were right!!!!! But the end result does not need to happen

You might be right. Kabbalah is some serious mo-jo!

And it sure was a good thing the dog was uncircumcised, otherwise they wouldn't have even known it was Palestinian.

I'm glad it ran away, but I wonder what will happen if the poor critter comes back?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You treat people like a bitch, I am sure you will be one.

still... no one has transcended humanity yet

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

The difference is the soldier was representing his own twisted mind. Rabbis however are the head of religious groups who look to them for guidance. The Rabbis use their position to influence and quiet peoples objections by teaching that this insanity is directed by God. Then force children to participate in what ever they deem appropriate by abusing their authority. Does anyone actually believe this is an isolated case? It simply a small window seeing into the actions and workings of the area.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Few points for your consideration first:
Dog was not killed.
The report appeared first in Jewish religious news site. It is in Hebrew but there it goes:
www.bhol.co.il...
Then it appeared in Israeli secular press.
Rabbinical court leader claims that this story is wrong and city health inspectors were called and took the dog.
Then one newspaper (Maariv) issued a public appologies to Rabbinical court due to the publication being wrong.
Others do not.
Various animal right organisations turned to normal court procedures against this Rabbinical court but secular court refuses to follow on saying that there is no proof that the story happened.
Story meanwhile goes to foreign press and leader of Rabbinical court threatens to sue.
So what really happened - i do not know. Nobody invented the story from nothing, both sides say that there was a dog that refused to leave and both agree that dog escaped this encounter with Rabbinical court alive.
I am sure that religious news site knows what they talk about since they are part of the deeply religious crowd, but i am also sure that if this Rabbinical court that carries much weight in religious neighbourhoods (where the story takes place) ordered to stone the dog, the result would be much grimmer and there were pictures of crowds of stone-throwing youth.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jews and their religion are prone to be just as idiotic as the latter religions.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
reply to post by g146541

So that Soldiers that threw the puppy does not represent YOU, but the crazy Rabbi's represent the whole of Israel? R i g h t, I understand!

The old shell game ehh Phooey! Are you condemning the actions of this rabbi or are you happy derailing the topic to deflect attention from the crime in question?

IRM

If the story is true the rabbi is a disgusting idiot however, I doubt its true and just looks like more hate propaganda, with no actual proof, whereas I have seen the video of US soldiers killing innocent people as they drive through Iraqi villages and the soldier throwing the puppy.

The soldier didn't represent him but one rabbi represents the whole of Israel. Double standards in my book and I was pointing it out! Certainly not trying to derail a thread, why would I?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join