It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ive been wondering alot, non stop thinking, what is nature? why were we put on earth, the only habitable planet in our galaxy, and our god put us here without leaving earth, without telling us hes our god, without taking credit of his creation? we long for discoveration, we long for exploration, multiverse, alternate universes, blackholes, what do you think about all of this?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

How do you know Earth is the only habitable planet in the galaxy?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dont, thats another thing, we need to know, no one knows where/ who we came from, whats really out in the universe, thats cruel to put it in our brain wondering our whole entire lives

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
We got scientists fingering on a huge quantum soup. This will bring some answers about -literally- everything.
But it seems every answer comes with a bunch of freshly cut questions.

It does not seem reasonable to think we're the only living creatures in the Universe, not even in the Galaxy. I think life is a complex chemical process that basically distinguishes us from objects.

Anyway I'm afraid we'll never have a clear picture of this. Not as long as we keep three-dimensional. I guess we're highly deprived...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Interesting that you believe that your Creator didn't reveal Himself to mankind. Have you ever read the ancient sacred religious writings, especially those of Semitic origin? I think there is ample proof that God has revealed Himself - but many discount the evidence because they do not want to be accountable to what has been revealed. If your really searching to find evidence you will start by looking for markers of intelligent design, not listening to atheists (who are illogically missing the point) and agnostics (who are part of the way there, but again do not want to be accountable). I will leave you with this thought, a Creator who revealed Himself would logically use many modes of communication to bring revelation to man, but there is one mode of communication that would be paramount to helping mankind find the Creator. It is this one mode of communication (not to exclude the others) that would be used to keep a record of God's direct dealings with mankind. What one means of communication does mankind have that is not transient?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

We could never know the true answer to life because at that point everything becomes one big joke - not to say it isn't in the first place... If you and I and everyone else knew exactly how and why we were here, and what we were here for, I think it would be acceptable to say we'd all go insane...

The biggest part of the game isn't discovering everything else, it's discovering yourself.

Once you've done that, things start to fall into place.

new topics

top topics

join