It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Organized Religion= Educated????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My Rant:

I am sick & tired of a few anti-organized religion people around here constantly jumping onto religious threads to tell people that it is all bunk, in their sweet and holier than thou arrogance, even if it is in response to someone who obviously believes something with a question about their beliefs.

The worst part is they keep prefacing their beliefs (this this isn't true and that isn't true and religion is unnecessary), with the fact that education has eliminated the need for it.

This to me seems to imply that those of us who subscribe to a religion are somewhat lacking in the intelligence department. Well, education and intelligence have nothing to do with someone's choice to follow an organized religion and I'm sick of ignoring it (so I came here even though it would be worth losing the points to rip them personally on the boards). I for one will also put my respectable IQ up against yours anytime!

Another thing I've noticed is that they only pull this c**p against christians (cause of course it would be so politically incorrect to go after anyone else, someone would call them to task, but apparently there are no rules about being insensitve to christians).

We get it, alright? You shove it down peoples throats worse than any Christian trying to convert someone - geez!

And if any of you who recognize yourselves think you should come here and try to weazel your way out of it, I will tell you this, I don't buy your act & I will spend less time reading like you do, to build up my points through frivolous posts like you do, so I can afford to waste them on flaming your smoke & mirrors arrogance now & then.

Well, I hope I have stayed within the guidlines of ranting, and I do feel better now so I will return to the boards and behave myself.

Sigh....

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Relentless,

People that have strong beliefs not matter what others think or say they will never lose faith of themselves and what they believe in.

Everybody had the right to post their views if somebody offended you personally report the thread in wish you were offended personally.

However, for people in ATS to go and post oppinions on religious topics well that is the rights as members.

I am sorry you feel this way. I think your post are very good and have many good points and they have strong feelings and that is good.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree, somewhat, with relentless. I too am sick of people calling me, "Ignorant/close minded" for believing in organized religion. I would like someone to explain to me how believing in an organized religion is any less intelligent than not following one. It's not. I understand there are contradictions in the bible, I've posted some on here (being a christian, I want answers!) so don't try to throw that in my face.

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm an open-minded Christian. I listen to the opinions of others, and I listen to their arguments. All that has done is made my testimony stronger that there is a Living God. I looked out my window this morning, and there He was looking down on me in every form of life...

new topics

top topics

join