It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this website been taken over by LulSec????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok this is my favorite skateboarding website. You may have heard of Steve Berra and Eric Koston, they are proffessional skateboarders who started this website. Its been up for probably about two or three years now and nothing like this has ever happen before. I'v heard of the DDOS attack I dont know what the first "D" stands for but I know the rest means " Denial Of Service" and i think that would describe what is happening to this website preety darn good. THE INTERESTING PART is if you keep clicking on " Enter the Berrics" link the screen will just keep changing and i just so happen to come across one that said " THE BERRICS HAS BEEN PWNED BY LULSEC" and it had one of their famous pirate ships also..... So please if anybody out there could confirm or debunk this as a Hack or not...

theberrics.com...
edit on 18-6-2011 by captainKing098 because: forgot to put into a catorgory so MODS plz switch to correct one because I dont know how

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainKing098
Ok this is my favorite skateboarding website. You may have heard of Steve Berra and Eric Koston, they are proffessional skateboarders who started this website. Its been up for probably about two or three years now and nothing like this has ever happen before. I'v heard of the DDOS attack I dont know what the first "D" stands for but I know the rest means " Denial Of Service" and i think that would describe what is happening to this website preety darn good. THE INTERESTING PART is if you keep clicking on " Enter the Berrics" link the screen will just keep changing and i just so happen to come across one that said " THE BERRICS HAS BEEN PWNED BY LULSEC" and it had one of their famous pirate ships also..... So please if anybody out there could confirm or debunk this as a Hack or not...

theberrics.com...
edit on 18-6-2011 by captainKing098 because: forgot to put into a catorgory so MODS plz switch to correct one because I dont know how

the first D is for distributed, meaning multiple computers doing the attack

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by captainKing098

the first D stands for Distributed

and lulzsec seem to be taking any requests to ddos any site for lulz, so id say yes it's a possibility

even though a ddos attack just makes the site 404 and not load, inserting pwn messages involves further hacking besides overloading the servers

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ahhh Ok Thank you clearly that up for me..So would it be possible for whomever has left a Facebook Comment on there could have there IP addresses stolen and used in another one of these kinds of attacks?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
From what I can see, this isn't a DDOS...The site has been defaced. Maybe the owner's did it to their own site, but I doubt. I must admit though, clicking through the different pages is rather amusing to me. Rather lulzy, one could say..?

Edit to add: It seems like they just wrote a script that pulls a new image from /app/webroot/img/splash/relaunch/
every time someone clicks enter or reloads the page...The directory, or course, doesn't have even read permission, so you can't view them all at once.
edit on 6/18/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The "Enter" link, links to www.theberrics.com... which simply reloads the main page for some reason.

If you go there manually, it lets you in.

I doubt it has anything to do with lulzsec, anon, or anyone hacking.

Personally, I'd never go there, the source for the site is riddled with facebook crap... :/

new topics

top topics

join