It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Oklahoma Microburst Video...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow. from large hail to a tornado like experience, and back to normal in less than a minute.

I was caught outside during one of these "microbursts" years ago. It only lasted but a minute, but knocked the power out for half a week. It snapped huge trees clean in half, just ripped the top halves right off.

I felt sick for hours after.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Went to a "LIVE" concert in Pittsburgh a few years back and experienced kind of the same thing.
Wind, slammed down to the ground, like Mother nature was trying to swat a fly....then blew sideways...then rain, like dumping a bucket...the whole stage backround was blown around and when the sideways wind hit the cliffs
it rose towards the sky and must have blown one big gust of about 45mph...and poof...it was gone. Those of us waiting in line were none the worse for the wear...although it was something I would not wish to go through again.

Reminded me of what a Tessarach (not sure of spelling) is described as...spooky to say the least.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I was right across the street when straight line winds took the Dallas Cowboy's training center down killing a man. The wind was so wild you couldn't see anything but a dark blur out the window. Not even trees or cars less than 15 feet away. Nature can sure whip things up... Glad everyone made it out ok!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The guy in the video needs to put Joshua outside next time one happens... Lol what an annoying kid.

Insane how nature does this. I'm so glad we don't get them too often here, our house is too old to take much more of that stuff... and we need the roof!

Oo

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
We had one happen in July 2003 when we bought our house in Bedford TX. It blew down our back fence, ripped shingles off several houses, downed limbs and trees around us and knocked out the power for several hours. I thought it was a tornado at first but nothing was on the weather channel. Just a microburst but it packed a real punch. My best,

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Awesome find thanks for posting! Amazing how strong it became so quick, and how it died out so fast. Never heard of a micro burst before.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
her hand in front of the camera bugged me wayyy too much - but those microbursts are crazy! I remember back in 08' I dropped my partner at a mates place, and drove home, got almost home and one hit and visibility dropped to 0, and hail was pelting down, good thing I knew the area, put the highbeams on and found somewhere to park until it was over, but the drive home after was ridiculous! the big garbage bins were all over the street and huge branches down in just one little part of the suburb - no mention on the news, it was terrifying! Wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't driving my mums 10year old pulsar, with no air con (so windows fogged) and broken wipers. Doh!

It really is amazing what nature can just throw at you without a lot of warning though!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That was quite an amazing video, even if it was a little frustrating at times. It was fascinating to see how fast it stopped after blowing the fence down.

I've seen quite a localised micro-burst while living in Ohakune near Mt Ruapehu in New Zealand. It was at night and I was walking home with only very light rain and moderate winds. Suddenly the massive oak trees 100m down the road starting creaking and bending, with a massive roar coming from the sound of wind through the trees. A large branch snapped off, and fell onto the footpath, and was follwed with an intense downpour. I must have just caught the edge of it, as the winds I felt were nothing compared to those 100m up the road, although I did get soaked.

The power of nature is awesome

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow this is exactly like what I got caught in years ago in Florida.

I was taking my bf to go pick up his motorcycle and it was sunny out. Well within mins of me dropping him off and driving away it got really dark started to pour and then the wind and hail. It was nuts. My car stalled out and I got stuck on a curb in between a car and a sign. The street I had turned on to was flooded in the corner. It didn't look like it, it just looked like a puddle but that is when I learned about the dip there and well the water was up to my tire which is why my car stalled out. I can't believe I maneuvered my car in the position I did and didn't hit a thing. I was stuck in my car while it hailed and it was intense. The wind was crazy, I thought there was going to be a tornado next. The entire event lasted maybe 15mins 20max and then it was clear skies and sun. I had to have a friend come move my car and the roads were flooded and there were tree branches and garbage every where. It was insane! If it had been this day and age I would have filmed it lol

These are quite creepy because they sneak up on you.

top topics

join