It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Obama ignores congress on Libaya, says he can have war without congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — President Obama rejected the views of top lawyers at the Pentagon and the Justice Department when he decided that he had the legal authority to continue American military participation in the air war in Libyawithout Congressional authorization, according to officials familiar with internal administration deliberations.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Yes obama is saying that he can ignore congress in engaging with a war without congressional approval. Did I get this right? What is the purpose of congress again?
edit on 18-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yup, indeed that is what he is saying (after reading the full article). He is "meeting with" people from his office, but says he can continue the plan unchanged despite what congress "says". Hmphh, here's the lovely "change" he promised us :\

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
isnt the real question, is what is so damn important about libya, obviously if obama is pushing through the way he is to fight there he is getting orders from bigger people. I mean with iraq you at least understood the fued the bush family had with them. But thats not the case with libya.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok so Obama is directly snubbing congress and the constitution... again.

I'm sorry and Bill Clinton was impeached for what again????????

I think its time that King Obama the Almighty gets his chance at the impeachment process.

Actually, Impeachment might not be going far enough, after looking over Obama's record since taking office. I think that congress needs to invoke the 25th amendment. And they need to do it ASAP.

edit on 18-6-2011 by DerekJR321 because: changed my mind about something

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If it was good enough for Honest Abe Lincoln, it should be good enough for Obama.

Abe Lincoln went to war without Congressional approval of ANY kind, suspended Habeus Corpus, and did many other things that went against the Constitution.

Honest Abe is held up by people on both sides of the aisle as on of the greatest American Presidents of all time.

If you really looked honestly and hard at his record, you'd realize that in reality he was a monster that did things far worse than GWB or Obama.

John F Kennedy also put troops in harm's way without Congressional approval.

ON the flip side, Nixon, who is considered one of the worst Presidents in history, created more national parks than any other President in history and created the EPA, amongst many other accomplishments, before the whole Watergate issue.

Americans - you need to really take a look at those Presidents you consider "evil" and those you consider "good" and rethink.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Apparently, there is no need for Congress or even a Supreme Court, if you go by Obama's last State of the Union Address where he made total fools of them to the world. If we listen to Obama and the executive branch, we're wasting untold fortunes on silly things like the other 2 branches of U.S. Government. Dear Leader knows what is best for us, and we're too dumb to get it if we don't agree.

Personally, I tend to side with the founding fathers that created our nation and set down a separation of Powers in that old rag called the Constitution. Seems people these days don't think much of it, if they consider it at all. I've even heard talk of how a Convention to change that old rag of history would be a GOOD thing.... Yeah...and I suppose we all believe we'll have Jefferson and Madison types running the show?

I don't know where this experiment of ours called the United States of America winds up..but it's safe to say we're in terrible trouble and need help. From the people? Perhaps... From patriots? absolutely. Will we get it? I just don't have much faith anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

He can from what I remember in reviewing signing statements of Bush and subsequent Executive Orders. This was the danger everyone was clamoring about in the War Powers, Police Powers, and Military Powers acts. After 9/11 congress gave up their authority to wage war in favor of Presidential powers. This is why there was never a declaration of war in Iraq. None needed with the war on terror and national security. Presidents have been engaged in military actions in the past without any approval from congress.

I am looking forward to reading the lawsuit filed and decision made by the courts. To me the President should have very limited discretion in using military action, only when a vote by congress is next to impossible.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yea this is not looking good. This and the combination of the extension of the Patriot act. Yea I did not happen to catch the state of the kingdom address. Man it seems things have changed a lot in 20 years.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If this is how you earn a NOBEL I think we all should start a war of our own and collect up on some doe

obama is such winner and an fine influence on the younger generation, they should all strive to be just like him

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Since not one chicken pooh congressmen or senator will stand up to Obama or his special butt buddies. I by decree being a proud U.S. citizen, A real U.S. Citizen declare Barrack Hussien Obama an enemy of the United States of America for treason of high crimes and misdemeanors. Anyone who knowingly helps this treasonous scum Obama deserves to be tried with him from this point on. Either put him in hand cuffs or step aside and let someone else do it. If not you will be tried in a military court with him.

I would rather have Jesse Jackson in office rather than this evil Islamic piece of crap.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Nuke ISRAEL and everyone can come home

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hm,now we just need a False Flag to declare Martial Law and get rid of Congress...some Type of (failed) Assasination on the President,ordered by Congress,because they couldn´t get rid of him in any other Way after he pissed them off too much...like he is doing now...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Barry is right and so is Barack, Renegade, and J. Harrison. They are all right. Basically what Barry is saying is wake up people and stop being so niave. I can do what I want because I have a job to do. It doesnt even matter what he calls himself or what SSN he uses. He has a job to fulfill. Nothing can be done to stop it. Lets just enjoy the ride. Stop worrying about things we have no control. We did not put this man in power. He was selected years ago to play his part.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
all the congress needs to do is have a vote of no confidence in mr. president and then move to impeachment proceedings and everything will be back to business as usual

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
President Clinton was only confused about what "is" meant.

President Obama REFUSES to accept the meaning of the word "hostilities".

People in the United States are forcibly confined in suitable institutions everyday because they may be a threat to either themselves, or others. There is no doubt in my mind that President Obama is a threat to every citizen of this country. I don't feel the Executive Branch of our government is a suitable institution though. At the very least, his Nobel Peace Prize went straight to his head, and he has completely lost touch with reality. He certainly makes me miss President Bush more, and more, everyday.

I'm getting close to 60 years old, and I certainly can't recall a worse President than the one that is now in office! He truly disgusts me!

See ya, Milt

PS:
I'd be willing to bet that if a missile were launched his direction, he'd consider that a "hostile act"!
edit on 18-6-2011 by BenReclused because: Add a PS

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What do we know about Obama?
He has various identities?
Barry Soetoro
Barack H. Obama jr.
Renegade
Harrison J Bounel
multiple SSN
Past is like a puzzle
Everything is hidden
Some call him a Christian
Muslim
Communist
Nazi
Jew
Clone
Akhenaten
and probably more any of you can add. Lets just admit to ourselves that we have no control of how things are being played out. We are ignorant by design. Obama has a job to do and all these things I listed above is to keep people running like a mouse on a treadmill. I dont like his policies but I may not know the reason for what is happening. Sure it looks terrible at this moment but what will the results be? Is this the tearing down of the Old World Order to bring in a much better NWO with Barry being a key player in the game.

Barry looks evil along with Bush but if it is their job then they would see no wrong or even have control. We are lead by Elites who are of Bloodlines that have created history since the beginning of our written word. Are they really in charge? Who can say it is not the Gods who run the world. Why would so many Elites worship Lucifer, The Sun, Saturn, and why would the Statue of Liberty be a representation of Istar while many others worship Jesus the Creator God? Who controls those bloodlines? Many believe in Aliens on this site but how many believe the Gods or Aliens to us are controlling the events we witness? What they do is guide the world through many events we like to call false flags. If they create enough destruction I believe many will seek the light. Some call it religion but I call it the truth. Peace to all. We are all in this together. We will overcome so dont feel helpless. We have a job to do also and that is to look within and find strength and virtue.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
All the legislative branch has to do to get the US out of Libya is stop paying for it. That's all they have to do to get us out of Iraq, A-stan, Europe, Japan, South Korea, is just stop paying for it. But, they are in it for the money, and the power of "running" the country so they won't put any pressure on the President and who would expect that the legislative branch would actually attempt anything that remotley resembles what we elect them for since that would mean SOMEONE would have to be held accountable for something!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 18-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If it was good enough for Honest Abe Lincoln, it should be good enough for Obama.

Abe Lincoln went to war without Congressional approval of ANY kind, suspended Habeus Corpus, and did many other things that went against the Constitution.

Honest Abe is held up by people on both sides of the aisle as on of the greatest American Presidents of all time.

If you really looked honestly and hard at his record, you'd realize that in reality he was a monster that did things far worse than GWB or Obama.

John F Kennedy also put troops in harm's way without Congressional approval.

ON the flip side, Nixon, who is considered one of the worst Presidents in history, created more national parks than any other President in history and created the EPA, amongst many other accomplishments, before the whole Watergate issue.

Americans - you need to really take a look at those Presidents you consider "evil" and those you consider "good" and rethink.

I believe teddy rosevelt did more than nixon, possibly clinton also on the last day of his term but i'd have to look it up. Your correct about lincoln though, he also instituted martial law and basically raped the Constitution. Bush also openly told Congress that he did not recognize the war powers act but he had both houses so they let it slide.

Point is that the ball is in Congress's court. They have the power to stop Obama but i'm not sure they have the will to do it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Nuke Israel and we find out if Revelations is fiction or truth, about 5 seconds later. Personally? I'd just as soon leave that one a mystery for generations far beyond my own death of old age.

I'm in no hurry to see if the Bible is literally correct in it's descriptions.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You might just see that happen to fulfill Revelations. Remember the Elite are guided by the Bible also. Watch the events and see if they do not line up. What Game and who is the puppet master. Is it the Gods or is it the elites?

It really doesnt matter what we believe because we are not driving the boat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join