It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to bid on 2020 summer olympics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Source: www3.nhk.or.jp...

Did I really just read this? A country that suffered a terrible tsunami, ongoing nuclear reactor crisis, constant radiation bombardment, still cleaning up, hasn't even dealt with the reactor... Wants to bid to be a host for the olympic games? They should save their own citizens first before hosting the olympics...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Is this a joke?

Japan will be dealing with 9 legged children and 4 headed people for the forseeable future.

No one will want to go there ever again.

Japan you have more hope of staging a cure for cancer event than the Olympics my friends!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
doesn't that cost a lot of money?

howabout giving your citizens who need that kind of money a hand for once..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Super mutants, radiation and turd burgers no thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Come on people, allow japans people to have something to live for, i mean seriously.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
JUST SAY "NO" TO CRACK!!!

The Japanese people must be smoking it HEAVILY if they think they are going to get the 2020 Summer Olympics.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
doesn't that cost a lot of money?

howabout giving your citizens who need that kind of money a hand for once..

Yeah not to mention Japan is bankrupt... and it won't get better by 2020...

This is just ridiculous. Hopefully the olympics are not crazy enough to do it in Japan.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

This idea to bid for the Olypmics and the speech suggesting the Japan should bid, were made by Shintaro Ishihara, not the Japanese people. The general consensus is that Ishihara is absolutely insane, however, this man is prone to saying rather silly things.

It should be noted that Ishihara has also made comments saying things like women who no longer have the ability to have a baby are useless and are committing a sin if they carry on living, that French was not a proper language, that the Rape of Ninking was a fiction, and made many inflammatory comments about foreign nationals in Japan of which there are very very few.

Believe me, if you hear the commentators on tv here the general consensus seems to be (and my personal view), that there are better things to spend money on right now, and that making a bid, let alone winning one is not something that should be on the table.

Its just the rantings of a strange man.

new topics

top topics

join