It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man burns himself to death to avoid US debtors prison.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

He burned himself in "protest"...............

Highly related...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am absolutely positive this man was mentally ill - it was an ongoing longterm illness that would have culminated in his suicide no matter what pushed him over the edge, and ended up being mentioned in his suicide note.

That being said, I'm real glad he decided to leave such a detailed note. I don't think he was whining. And so what if he was - When someone decides to die, they either don't leave a note at all (and thats pretty rare), or they want to use their death to make a statement. Whining or not, he managed to get us talking, so wtg dude. This is obviously something he felt very strongly about, whether we agree or not, we're paying attention.

I also have strong feelings but they all come down to taking responsibility. I don't expect that everyone can, but those who are able should. Just for example, a lot of the details could have been prevented just by using a contraceptive

SOME people should stop having kids as a way to permanently attach themselves to other people.

If you want a child, before you go having one, you should be emotionally and financially ready to support that child ALONE. Anything you get on top of that (stable relationship, family and friends support, free grandma babysitter) should be a bonus - not an entitlement.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
he should have set the judge and the courthouse on fire, that would have resolved several issues. if the judicial system is broke then fix it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One could say that he was charged with child abuse. No money goes to the kids, they don't get to eat. Calling him just a debtor is wrong. He protested getting punished for being a child abuser. This is wrong. Suicide is the main wrong, especially when other suffer from your suicide, like his kids.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
One could say that he was charged with child abuse. No money goes to the kids, they don't get to eat. Calling him just a debtor is wrong. He protested getting punished for being a child abuser. This is wrong. Suicide is the main wrong, especially when other suffer from your suicide, like his kids.

No man or women for that matter should be held responsible for child support. Its "common sense" to be able to pay for your children's upbringing. Ive said this before,Everyone has made mistakes. In his case,his hitting his child and drawing blood was his mistake. But as you see throughout his court proceedings,his "mistake" was like having a letter "A" (abuser), sowed into his his chest,for all to see.For all to Judge. His kids would eat regardless,because of the Government programs we all pay into, for those in need. Also,the mother isnt lame. She SHOULD work also,to support the children she had. No free rides in the game of life. His children were going to suffer,and have suffered,because hes NOT ALLOWED in their lives. PERIOD.

USEFUL STATISTICS

* 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S. D.H.K.S., Bureau of the Census)

* 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S- D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)

*85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes

(Source: Center for Disease Control)

*80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes

(Source:Criminal Justice & Behavior,Vol 14, p- 403-26, 1978

*71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes

(Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High schools)

*75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes

(Source: Rainbows For All God’s Children.)

*70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S. Dept. of justice, special Report, Sept 1988)

These statistics translate to mean that children from a fatherless home are:

*5 times more likely to commit suicide.

*32 times more likely to run away.

*20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders.

*14 times more likely to commit rape

*9 times more likely to drop out of high school.

*10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances.

*9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution.

*20 times more like to end up in prison.

LINK

This is what he was fighting against. This IS what the courts were forcing him to become. A statistic. This is what the courts were forcing his CHILDREN to become. A statistic.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

* 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes

What percentage of homes are fatherless?

----------------------
I really was curious I did some searching
no one really seems to want to give this number but wiki says there were 12.9 million families in the US in a 'single parent' situation.

It kinda got me thinking.. what if the cause of the "single parent" and the cause of your statistics are the same. Rather, its not the lack of a father that causes a rise - but the "single parent" sucks at relationships that is causing the rise. In both single homes and messed up kids...

Just for arguments sake I share that I am a single parent. Though honestly it wasn't my fault - I know everyone says that - I take responsibility for the man I chose to be a donor - but it was his fault and choices that ended not only our relationship, but the one he had with his kids.

Except for him, by his choice, I have friendly relationships with every single one of my ex's. I never had a nasty breakup, because I put communication ahead of everything else. I also have a pretty good idea how a relationship will end before I go into it. If I think it'll be drama filled, I don't get involved at all, I dont care how great he looks or how longs it been since ... ok not the point
moving on

Now I have pretty brilliant TEENAGERS who are respectful, do not talk back, do not get into trouble with school or the law, do not smoke, do not drink, and come to me with every problem. They are 17 and 19 and I'm still waiting for the terrible two's. And they clearly have not been affected negatively by the lack of male presense.

So it kinda irks me when people automatically blame "fatherless homes" like thats the exclusive cause of "bad parenting" - it isn't. But yeah I do agree - messed up kids are likely to come from fatherless homes because the parents were probably lacking - otherwise they'd be together, at least amicably - enough to raise the child from separate homes.
----------------
edit on 19-6-2011 by Forevever because: read between the lines

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by civilchallenger

IF people would just wake the hell up!!!!!!!

You CAN NOT pay a public debt, believe it or not it is illegal to pay a public debt per HJR-192 of June 5th 1933.

loveforlife.com.au...

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts
HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the
government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on
the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their
credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of
circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption.
This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect
contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a
contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have
any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and
discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments.
The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born
lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an
execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic,
simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels
of heaven that get swiped clean. You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt
with a debt. What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to
pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is
discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged
dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt
exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in
possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so
we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary
can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel
that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not
true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the
people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask
yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay?
Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on
top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and
so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the
more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all
that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and
after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the
payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the
charge.

This IS the accepted for value and return for discharge that ALL "Americans" should be using, This REMOVES the power FROM the government and returns it to the people where it belongs, but most people are too busy stuffing their faces with fast food, gambling or sitting on a chair or on the couch watch balls sports instead of paying attention to WHO runs the show.

Is it too much to ask people to pay goddamn attention?
edit on 19-6-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

The problem is while technically it may be correct and law according to public law 72-10 the people and agencies are ignorant of it and it flat does not work. I have tried to discharge many debts with A4V bonded promissory notes etc. and gone back and forth with agencies etc. trying to find the person that knows about it etc. I have studied this for over 20 years and to date I have not had one succeed. I have done all the leg work to become a secured party filed paper work with all the agencies informing them etc. I have heard claims from others that it has worked but have not been able to verify 100% any of those claims. If it has worked it has only on rare occasions according to the claims. Of all those I know of personally that have tried theses things none have been able to get it to succeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

The U.S. Census Bureau has reported that fathers with joint custody pay 90.2% of all child support ordered; fathers with limited visitation rights pay 79.1%; and 44.5% of those fathers with NO visitation rights still financially support their children.

This might answer it for you. Question, Do you think FATHERS cant raise children? Seems the courts agree with that premise,as MOTHERS get the majority of PRIMARY PLACEMENT.
edit on 19-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Question, Do you think FATHERS cant raise children? Seems the courts agree with that premise,as MOTHERS get the majority of PRIMARY PLACEMENT.

see above
I was impatient

I do NOT think Fathers can't raise children. On the contrary, my scenario above goes both ways.
When the ex was here, I always said he was a better mother than I was

he was a neat freak - chronic cleaning, doing laundry, cooking... he was crazy like that (a good kinda way)

He made his choice, I respect it - even if I do think it was an idiot choice - his loss.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Question, Do you think FATHERS cant raise children? Seems the courts agree with that premise,as MOTHERS get the majority of PRIMARY PLACEMENT.

see above
I was impatient

I do NOT think Fathers can't raise children. On the contrary, my scenario above goes both ways.
When the ex was here, I always said he was a better mother than I was

he was a neat freak - chronic cleaning, doing laundry, cooking... he was crazy like that (a good kinda way)

He made his choice, I respect it - even if I do think it was an idiot choice - his loss.

Star for you......

I like to know that there are some women out there that can do it on their own. Impressive,and above all honorable. For fathers that CHOOSE not to be in their kids lives,shame on them. They have to live with that. For fathers that are forced to not have a relationship with their children,based on laws that restrict parenting. Shame on the system. For the man who committed suicide..........I agree LIKE you,wholeheartedly.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by civilchallenger

The reason why males are banned from Battered Women's Shelters is so that the person who beat her to a pulp day in and day out cannot harras or stalk them there, also to prevent someone from turning up dead. They are a safe haven for women who feel like that they have no way out.
edit on 19-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Where are the Men's Shelters?

The police would have taken me and my children to one, but the only shelters are for women.

So, they took her their, and the Shelter provided her with an attorney who told her if she (the violent one) would press charges against ME, they would help her out with a low-interest automatic qualifying home loan. I know this because she came home and asked me if I would go through with the ruse. I said No.

Working with her attorney, but not with me, she opened more than a dozen bank accounts each with a credit card. The spreadsheet on our home computer showed our bills being paid. In realty, she transferred the money from the our joint account (the only legal one) to her secret accounts-- including our tax payments.

I am arrested at work on a charge of "domestic violence" even though I had not laid a hand on her or done her violence in any way. Just her word. Because of my position and the nature of my profession, I was terminated from my job while in jail. I was served with divorce papers and a restraining order-- all within the fourteen hours while I was in jail.

A former colleague bailed me out. The bank account was empty and i was homeless with no source of income and only the clothes on my back. My profession is legally considered "self-employed" so there was no unemployment insurance-- no State funding of any kind.

The charges were dismissed-- the prosecutor having been caught hiding evidence of my innocence (try proving a negative-- but I pretty much did!).

I got a menial job which actually paid more than those I had when I had been the at-home-Dad. My wife had cancelled the divorce, and had agreed with my offer for reconciliation (she got that house from the ruse the attorney's at the shelter had offered her). My offer was that she would seek private counseling for her violence and paranoia issues. Meanwhile, I had the children with me half the time and she had them the other half.

A law in this State (maybe all) allows for the wife to refile a previously cancelled divorce decree without the husband being notified-- even if children are involved. She did. I had no idea. Meanwhile, she also told me that she refused to go back to the therapist because, "I refuse to be told everything is my fault." Lots of my friends knew she had Borderline Personality Disorder as well as being Manic Depressive/Bi-Polar. That one, I had suspected. Given my profession, it was embarrassing to admit I had not seen the forest for the trees.

So I am at my desk in that menial job, making enough to afford a small apartment and take care of my children for two weeks out of every four. My sister-in-law comes in and hands me some mail delivered to my brother. It is a final divorce decree. No prior notice-- I was not invited.

She has primary custody, and my child support is 55% of my GROSS income and it is garnished!

In this State, the legal MAXIMUM child support is limited to 25% of NET INCOME. At the same time, my employer has a mandatory reduction in hours from 40 to 30, so I take a 25% reduction in pay-- child-support is unaffected.

I move in to my car-- place my few things in storage.

I contact the Attorney General and explain. They laugh. LAUGH. Official stating that I can only INCREASE my child support if I get a higher paying job, but to lower, I will need a lawyer. I'm living in my car. How am I to get a lawyer? My wife, in violation of court order, has moved out of the county-- changing jurisdiction-- I do not know where my children are.

There is a Father's rights group, and they help me prepare and file motions for enforcement of visitation, reduction in child support, and amendment of visitation (half-and-half, as before). It costs me $1,100-- a third of my annual take home. How did I do it? I was diagnosed with mal-nutrition-- I didn't eat enough, except to survive.

I go through two horrible winters-- waking up in my car with frost on the inside and frost on my hair, and then got up and went to work-- each day thinking I was closer to hearing from the court. I go through one horrible summer-- the nights never cooling below 85, while I hide in my car. I get molested by the police for being homeless, I get attacked by other homeless (not so bad, I won every fight-- including against five at once) all of which aggravated my PTSD and of course, all the while sinking further into depression. I did not qualify for assistance, because my GROSS income is used by this state to calculate need-- and the state does NOT allow child support to be deducted from the calculation used for assistance. Wonder why? Thomas Ball explains that.

I drove five-hundred miles to where I suspected they lived, and searched for my children every chance I got. My employer was the state. Despite professional education and a very high IQ, I could not continue to cope once I began to lose hope. I went to the Human Resources. They set me up with a therapist-- he kept me alive.

Human Resources with the State looked at my checks and was appalled with how little I was allowed to have-- far below the poverty level and yet knowing I was denied assistance. The Human Resources Manager advised me to find a cash-based job and quite my semi-professional one, simply because unreported cash earnings even below minimum wage would pay me more.

My therapist had, by then, been working with me over a year. Said he agreed with what Human Resources had said-- that I tried all of the legal avenues and been ignores, and was slowly dieing-- so it was time to do what was necessary to take care of myself.

Finally, a priest I knew-- one of the few persons in my life that knew I was homeless (I hid it well), found a room for me with an elderly woman who needed a man to drive her and do light things around the house. Her health was failing and so medical needs would increase.

I have been to that court five or six times over the past five years. All but once, the Attorney General Representative cancelled the hearing as soon as I showed up. Why?

The one exception: I has set up an appointment with the Attorney General's Office the day before a hearing was scheduled. I held in my hand a flyer from that office. The flyer stated clearly that the OAG would help in matters of enforcing visitation as well as adjusting child-support. Several times in the meeting the woman with the OAG said, "I do not care what they flyer says-- we are not going to address visitation issues with you." She said it the exact same way each time-- a memorized phrase. She agreed that my child support was way out of line and would recommend reduction to the court. She said, "If you bring up visitation one more time, this office will NOT recommend lowering your child support."

My soul almost died when I heard myself agree. God forgive me, because I can't.

Six years, and my filings with the court have never been addressed. I have held and lost three jobs over that time. Stuff I wasn't good at it, and knew it, but did because I had to. My land lady now gives me free room and a small allowance-- just enough for food, and my utilities. I have no car-- so visitation is out of the question anyway now, I cannot get to my children. My child support is for more than I even make. I am, of course, thousands of dollars in debt, living off the grid, as they say.

Last year, I had saved $700 to buy a motorcycle so I could go see them. I thought I needed a thousand, and I was almost there-- taking odd-jobs. The court found my account, and with no hearing, emptied it. I bought a hamburger before I knew. I had over drawn by less than $7.00. The bank ran up over $400.00 in fees. I gave up.

Five years ago, when I was still living in my car and it still ran and I was malnourished, my wife drove half-way between us (she knew I was homeless, my kids did not). I had won a hotel stay in a competition at work. I spent a fine weekend with my children and they were thrilled to be with me. Driving them back, still thinking the courts would straighten this out, I told them that I suspected the Judge might have someone ask them about how much time they wanted to spend with me and how much with their mother. I told them not to worry about pleasing or hurting me-- but simply tell the truth.

A few minutes later, letting that sink in, I heard them giggling in the back seat together-- both still in car seats in those days. Then they laughed out loud after whispering and began a chant, with such warm enthusiasm. They chanted, "Dad-Dy! Dad-Dy! DAD-DY!" together. I pulled over off of the highway because I was crying. I climbed over the console and hugged them both, and they teased me for crying.

A hurricane hit their town, and I never heard from them. They had moved-- the house they had bought uninhabitable. It was three years before I heard from them again-- I searched all the while.

Since then, my son has given up, and will not talk to me. My daughter does now and then when her mother is out of the house. She told me, that they really do not remember me anymore.

I live in the moment. I make no plans-- nothing will restore my children-- they don't remember me-- how can they love me?

I go to court next month. Guess what prompted the court? Not my six year old motions I filed-- but when the money stopped coming-- that got there attention. I have no representation. I broke: My spirit and heart and soul are... done. I have no purpose, have no meaning, and if I only had money, I would be allowed to exist. I do not think I will be allowed to exist.

Try to climb up from homelessness-- not many make it. I did. But I am about to be pushed down yet again... "In the best interest of the children."

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I am absolutely positive this man was mentally ill - it was an ongoing longterm illness that would have culminated in his suicide no matter what pushed him over the edge, and ended up being mentioned in his suicide note.

That being said, I'm real glad he decided to leave such a detailed note. I don't think he was whining. And so what if he was - When someone decides to die, they either don't leave a note at all (and thats pretty rare), or they want to use their death to make a statement. Whining or not, he managed to get us talking, so wtg dude. This is obviously something he felt very strongly about, whether we agree or not, we're paying attention.

I also have strong feelings but they all come down to taking responsibility. I don't expect that everyone can, but those who are able should. Just for example, a lot of the details could have been prevented just by using a contraceptive

SOME people should stop having kids as a way to permanently attach themselves to other people.

If you want a child, before you go having one, you should be emotionally and financially ready to support that child ALONE. Anything you get on top of that (stable relationship, family and friends support, free grandma babysitter) should be a bonus - not an entitlement.

I am absolutely positive this man was mentally ill

I am absolutely positive this man was driven mentally ill, by his ex-wife....most men are driven crazy and into the poor-house by their wives, who almost always end up ex-wives [wonder why? Free money? Nah, couldn't be that.]

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

What a horrible situation you have been put in by the Gender-Biased Judicial system. To play within the rules,only to be shattered at EVERY step. I feel for you,brother. Have you considered a fathers advocacy group? Like minded individuals,going through the same thing. I was there at one time. Not anymore. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I implore you! Just keep fighting! They cant take your dignity away..........................

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

thank you

After all that, I can make the point that if my ex did show up, with his fancy job and his fancy car and his seemingly "more appropriate" home of 2 parents and 2.5 children - and somehow managed, irrevocably, to convince the court that I'm unfit and take my kids away from me, I'd probably kill myself in the most possible public manner and leave a note detailing how they totally screwed me - intentionally - for the sake of screwing me - they could easily drag things into court that make me look bad - and depending how far back they can go, there are plenty of them
- this is all in retrospect of course since my kids are grown but it COULD have happened if the ex wanted to be that way - so I'm actually kind of blessed that he preferred to just stay away altogether - his involvement might have turned out badly

I'm all over the place, but I want to say that I understand where this man is coming from.

I would totally kill myself and my death would have absolutely NOTHING to do with my debts but would have EVERYTHING to do with the spiraling depression of losing my kids, and not knowing any way to get them back, and knowing that if I did figure out a way to get them back it would take so long that they'd be grown and I wouldn't know them anymore - sure they'd still be my kids - but they would be different ... its just not the same

and if I'm gonna go out, I might as well make a statement!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No man or women for that matter should be held responsible for child support. Its "common sense" to be able to pay for your children's upbringing. Ive said this before,Everyone has made mistakes.

So abandoning a child is acceptable? I guess you mean if it does not die in a dumpster or is given to another. You make babies, the law says you gotta feed them or go to jail. I am OK with that law. You can't say that not providing for your offspring should not have any legal consequences.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

No man or women for that matter should be held responsible for child support. Its "common sense" to be able to pay for your children's upbringing. Ive said this before,Everyone has made mistakes.

So abandoning a child is acceptable? I guess you mean if it does not die in a dumpster or is given to another. You make babies, the law says you gotta feed them or go to jail. I am OK with that law. You can't say that not providing for your offspring should not have any legal consequences.

Where did I say it abandoning a child is acceptable????????

I am SAYING there is NO need to have a corrupt,and broken Judicial system,involved in your life. PERIOD.

You do understand this,right?

The proof is out there. Conveniently you are ducking that fact,to make your point.

I can and will say that you should provide for your children,but I will say that the system is so GENDER-BIASED that there are MEN,committing suicide,to make a point. You did read the OP's article,right?

So you believe someone should be tossed in prison,if he cant financially take care of his kids?
Thats the law,you like to state, you believe in.

Now,what does that do for the welfare of the kids?
NOTHING,but leaves them fatherless.
What does that do for the TAXPAYER?
The kids will STILL be on taxpayer dime. FACT
The Father sits in jail,on taxpayer dime. FACT
GET IT? Nothing accomplished.
The father gets a "FELONY" charged on him,FOR FAILURE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT...for the ridiculous amounts collecting in arrears... FACT
You do know how hard it is to get a Job,with that hanging on your head,right?????

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Despite what the media would have you believe and Feminst organizations....check out these statistics from the
Technical Analysis Paper No. 42 - U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services - Office of Income Security Policy

Source:

(*bold type: added by me to reference who the article is referring to, or to whom, the damage is directly related to.)

The (Feminists) Impact on our Children....

The Impact on our Children

Inter-spousal violence perpetrated by men is only a small aspect of family violence. False abuse allegations are only a small tile in the mosaic of vilifying the men in our society. They serve well in successful attempts to remove fathers from the lives of our children. Here are some statistics resulting from that which show more of the whole picture.

79.6% of custodial mothers receive a support award
29.9% of custodial fathers receive a support award.
46.9% of non-custodial mothers totally default on support.
26.9% of non-custodial fathers totally default on support.
20.0% of non-custodial mothers pay support at some level
61.0% of non-custodial fathers pay support at some level
66.2% of single custodial mothers work less than full time.
10.2% of single custodial fathers work less than full time.
7.0% of single custodial mothers work more than 44 hours weekly.
24.5% of single custodial fathers work more that 44 hours weekly.
46.2% of single custodial mothers receive public assistance.
20.8% of single custodial fathers receive public assistance.
[Technical Analysis Paper No. 42 - U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services - Office of Income Security Policy]

40% of mothers reported that they had interfered with the fathers visitation to punish their ex-spouse.
["Frequency of Visitation" by Sanford Braver, American Journal of Orthopsychiatry]

50% of mothers see no value in the fathers continued contact with his children.
["Surviving the Breakup" by Joan Berlin Kelly]

90.2% of fathers with joint custody pay the support due.
79.1% of fathers with visitation privileges pay the support due.
44.5% of fathers with no visitation pay the support due.
37.9% of fathers are denied any visitation.
66% of all support not paid by non-custodial fathers is due to the inability to pay.
[1988 Census "Child Support and Alimony: 1989 Series" P-60, No. 173 p.6-7, and "U.S. General Accounting Office Report" GAO/HRD-92-39FS January 1992]

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.

[U. S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]

90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
[Center for Disease Control]

80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.
[Criminal Justice and Behavior, Vol. 14 p. 403-26]

71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
[National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]

70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes
[U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept., 1988]

85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.
[Fulton County Georgia Jail Populations and Texas Dept. of Corrections, 1992]

Nearly 2 of every 5 children in America do not live with their fathers.
[US News and World Report, February 27, 1995, p.39]

There are:

11,268,000 total custodial mothers
2,907,000 total custodial fathers
[Current Populations Reports, US Bureau of the Census, Series P-20, No. 458, 1991]

What does this mean? Children from fatherless homes are:

4.6 times more likely to commit suicide,

6.6 times to become teenaged mothers (if they are girls, of course),
24.3 times more likely to run away,
15.3 times more likely to have behavioral disorders,
6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institutions,
10.8 times more likely to commit rape,
6.6 times more likely to drop out of school,
15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenager.
(The calculation of the relative risks shown in the preceding list is based on 27% of children being in the care of single mothers.)

and — compared to children who are in the care of two biological, married parents — children who are in the care of single mothers are:

33 times more likely to be seriously abused (so that they will require medical attention), and
73 times more likely to be killed.

Now, I have been around awhile and I will ask again in the face of the United States' Own Governmental Studies..........

WHO ARE THE DEADBEATS AGAIN? iI'M SORRY, I WAS LED ALL THESE YEARS TO BELIEVE IT WAS THE MEN. I MEAN, THAT IS WHAT THE MEDIA (FOX, CNN, MSNBC ETC.) HAVE ALL BEEN SAYING AND STILL ARE.

OH WAIT!!!!!

AS I RECALL...THE ONES SAYING THIS ON THE NEWS ARE ALL WOMEN....

IT'S QUITE CLEAR WHO THE REAL DEADBEATS IN THIS WORLD ARE NOW.....YOU CAN TRUST EITHER GOVERNMENT STUDIES, FUNDED BY TAXPAYERS.....OR YOU CAN BELIEVE POWER HUNGRY
...........................WOMEN.

Just a chart to seal the deal.

It should have always been that women are DEADBEAT MOTHERS as well as GOLDDIGGERS.
It is said that you can tell the true nature of a person by giving them power and see how they react to others with it.......

Women don't deserve equality, nor power...they lie with it, cheat with it, abuse power with it, negate responsibility and then blame it on the men, they raise oppressive organizations to demonize the true heros (the fathers) who wanted the mariage to last for the sake of the children and the familiy).....while the women trade it all in for the unholy dollar so they can spend it,....not on their child,....but on something stupid.....LIKE THEMSELVES.

Women in America need to walk around with towels over their faces like in the middle east, maybe then they will appreciate what "True Freedom and Equality" is...not just their, one-sided version of it.
They also need ball gags in their mouths so we can once again hear the crickets chirp and know that one day the world may possibly get better....if only it were possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Frira

What a horrible situation you have been put in by the Gender-Biased Judicial system. To play within the rules,only to be shattered at EVERY step. I feel for you,brother. Have you considered a fathers advocacy group? Like minded individuals,going through the same thing. I was there at one time. Not anymore. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I implore you! Just keep fighting! They cant take your dignity away..........................

Thank you.

Light at the end of the tunnel? All I know is this present darkness. If I try to look ahead, I'll put a gun to my head-- so I don't look ahead-- it is nothing but torture in the dark in front of me-- the occasional and unexpected miracle excepted.

But living in the moment, as my therapists and my faith have taught me to do-- I exist, for now and now is all I have and now is Hell. The end of this is death, and I do believe that in death there is peace-- a meaningful one-- a life worth living after death.

Like many on this site-- I'm waiting from some miraculous or otherwise catastrophic world changing event "out of the blue." I would hate to quit and miss it, but I don't believe I'll live to see it.

I did have this vision and I offer it:

A person I suspect was an Angel came to me in a visit, asking, "You believe you are cursed?" We talk about that.

He said, "Your children do not believe you love them, because they do not see all the suffering you have done for them-- they do not know how your heart is agony."
I said, "Yes."
"Your love is real, whether they know it or not."
"Yes."
"You have a Father in Heaven who loves you whether you see it or not-- Who agonizes as He sees what you endure."
"Yes."
"Then you know that your love, unseen, has very real power."

That vision saved my life. But in despair, it is so hard to pray, and that vision now seems so far away-- so long ago. I always thought that if I go homeless again, I would probably blow my brains out on the front steps of the Office of the Attorneys General.

I can kill another person in combat, but no matter how just, I cannot kill another for out-maneuvering me in a non-violent way-- not as long as most people believe that destroying a family-- the love between a father and his children-- is not violence. It is violence, but as long as most do not see it that way-- I must remain an example of discipline and character.

My just rage, therefore, consumes-- having no outlet. It will kill me, directly or indirectly-- it is terminal.

When a man in a situation I see as like my own does resort to violence against himself or against others, I will not judge. But, My God! The Thomas Ball story is the story of so many-- can anything but violence make it end?

In all of history, has any such state of man ever been overthrown without violence?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I am absolutely positive this man was driven mentally ill, by his ex-wife....most men are driven crazy and into the poor-house by their wives, who almost always end up ex-wives [wonder why? Free money? Nah, couldn't be that.]

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Heres a list of advocacy groups.

Fathers Rights Organizations

Heres a way to reduce child support,because of your current financial situations.

You HAVE rights also!!!!!! USE the system to your situation!!!!

How to Get Child Support Payments Reduced

Good luck brother...............

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join