It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memory On - Off switch developed by US Scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Memory On- Off switch developed by Us Scientists

www.news.com.au

"Flip the switch on, and the rats remember. Flip it off, and the rats forget," Theodore Berger of the University of Southern California's Viterbi School of Engineering's Department of Biomedical Engineering said.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just when we all thought things were getting back to normal.

I remember a time when things were normal. Or do I? Where was I , oh thats right, thanks for the ..switch, I forget there for a minute.

So here it is... The ultimate mind control tool, a switch that will enable, to 'Remember', or 'Forget'.

I normally do not get concerned about these things but, with RF chips designed to be swallowed with food and technology to control infra red signals by remote control, the next logical step is pretty clear... On/ Off switch for the masses.

Do not like what a crowd of people are doing.. ON..OFF

You get the idea...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I use tequila, always worked for me.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is how they carry out their black op abductions, but useful for them to hide their own crimes and reinvent history too.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
All government officials will be required to have these installed. Ronald Reagan had one of the first used by any Executive, unfortunately his eventually mal-functioned.

Not hard to see the possibilities.

edit on 17-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I know a lot of people will be stating how this is dangerous, and what the PTB will do with this. However, I see it as a dream come true for those, like myself, who have PTSD. I was just about to post on another thread about a pissed off war veteran, and how I'm a pissed off war veteran, but this is a more positive thread. I've known many people who had memories that eventually drove them to suicide. They could still be here if their troubling memories were shut off. I'd love to be able to turn off the thoughts that trip me out. Until then, I'm a very angry veteran who is growing tired of people who take things for granted.
edit on 17-6-2011 by tamusan because: know to known and there to their

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As stated above, it could be good for those with PTSD as well as severe depression or those with traumatic experiences to help them forget something horrific but then the bad side is......well, next gen of mind controlled assassins that don't need the training or other costly measures to become the perfect Manchurian Candidate.

With the good comes the bad. It's like that with everything in life unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Its true, this technology will assist a lot of people with health issues. This is the good side of the technology.

Maybe there is opportunities for humans to make available themselves for further testing, after this gets past the monkey testing stage, which of course it will.

Then the other side of the technology is the sinister uses which is the main concern. A little bit like that movie Total Recall.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There have been many that wished they could just go back to sleep. Now is their chance. Simply turn off the memory and we can all go back to normal lives, obeying authority, and never questioning anything again.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here are a couple other interesting links:

Scientists find a drug to banish bad memories
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Can Traumatic Memories Be Erased
neurosciencenews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Many who think they are awake are actually lost in a dream. Those not sleeping live in constant fear, because they know of fates much worse than death. If you think it's bad now, give up on those who still protect you. Some things are best forgotten, while others are best left alone.

I've chosen my path, and have found a more watertight ship. I gladly leave most sinking. Since it is they who have fractured the hull.

Blame the government, for it is the easy scapegoat.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

All technology caries the danger of misuse. Either we float in limbo without advancement, or we embrace new technology with the hope that greed is overcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

All technology caries the danger of misuse. Either we float in limbo without advancement, or we embrace new technology with the hope that greed is overcome.

Where has there been evidence of greed not being the reason why anything is done. greed will be overcome when human species is gone..

or evolved to a new level of selflessness

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Those are also interesting articles. Thank you for sharing. I hope they are able to find the right pathways to treat people, without giving debilitating side effects. It's been my experience, so far, that the cure is worse than the disease.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Greed has been the scourge throughout our history. I believe it is the root of all suffering that is not induced by nature. That's why I have no vision of a better system of government. There will always be those who want what others have, or wish to impose their will on them.

Maybe someone can find how to turn the switch for greed off in the human mind. It's is the only way I see us finding our utopia.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

From the article:

US SCIENTISTS say they've developed an on-off memory switch that helped laboratory rats remember a behaviour they had forgotten.

But when they implanted an electronic brain prosthetic that duplicated the signalling process between the sub-regions, the rats could remember again.

It was the drug that got them to forget the long-term memory, but it was the implant IN THEIR BRAIN that got them to remember it.

So before rushing to "OMG u guyz! THey're going to mind control us in da same way soon!!!"

...just think a bit about what the article said before you whip out wild theories.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
"the device could actually strengthen the memory being generated internally in the brain and enhance the memory capability"

good for students , physician , solders.

biofeedback drug delivery sytem that monitor your learning progress can automate it.

i wonder how fast a system like this can train...

need to learn fly a helicopter ? connect to a helicopter training symulator with this system , a you are ready...

its like trinity in the matrix movie , but close...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dude1

you my freind are on the right track

imagine the elite training the ultimate human / cyborg? For war fare or even just mundane chores?

this , to me is the biggest announcement in all of time..

implants to improve the mind?

most will be slower to pick up on this... star for you

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by SeekerLou

Those are also interesting articles. Thank you for sharing.

Happy to share: You are very welcome!

I hope they are able to find the right pathways to treat people, without giving debilitating side effects.

Hope so too!

Ever seen the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"? Warning lol It's a bit slow imo, and very weird but it will give you an idea into this .

The mind is very fascinating . I feel that many things beyond our knowledge can be done to our brains.

Great thread OP!

edit on 18-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: spelling grrr

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
turn the lights on and off . just use the switch
hello theodore.. buddy of Alvin ahd Simon?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join